Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Iguanodon spikes are way radder

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CGI looking better with every new trailer

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I didn't even notice the difference in the gif until I watched the trailer.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:dogbutton:

That was really well done.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Would watch.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PriorMarcus posted:

Honestly this wouldn't surprise me.

Everyone in the room is staring at Wu, aghast at the revelation that the I-Rex has human DNA.

He stares back, defiantly. "Every time you came back to us, you said that the audiences wanted to see a better killing machine. What better killing machine has there ever been in history ... than man?"

Dramatic pause.

(I will be shocked if something like this doesn't happen.)

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Or they got human DNA a different way.

:pervert:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
New topic: which dinosaur would you want to gently caress the most?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

feedmyleg posted:

New topic: which dinosaur would you want to gently caress the most?

Oh, definitely Triceratops! It was always my favorite when I was a kid. And now whenever I see one, its the most beautiful thing I ever saw.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I do appreciate the fact that the I. Rex looks like something a marketing team would come up with

quote:

Yes, there will be one new dinosaur created by the park’s geneticists. The gaps in her sequence were filled with DNA from other species, much like the genome in the first film was completed with frog DNA. This creation exists to fulfill a corporate mandate—they want something bigger, louder, with more teeth. And that’s what they get. I know the idea of a modified dinosaur put a lot of fans on red alert, and I understand it. But we aren’t doing anything here that Crichton didn’t suggest in his novels. This animal is not a mutant freak. It doesn’t have a snake’s head or octopus tentacles. It’s a dinosaur, created in the same way the others were, but now the genetics have gone to the next level. For me, it’s a natural evolution of the technology introduced in the first film. Maybe it sounds crazy, but most of my favorite movies sound crazy when you describe them in a single sentence. … We’re trying to tell a bold new story that doesn’t rely on a proven formula, because the movies we watch over and over again are the ones that surprised us, that worked when they shouldn’t have. I understand the risks of leaving the safe zone. We’ve all been disappointed by new installments of the stories we love. But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time. And I have to build something that can take them to the same place those earlier films took us. It may not happen in the same way everyone expects it to, but it’s the way I believe it needs to happen.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Too soon. :(

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just like our economy the 90s are back.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
EDIT: I was wrong

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 25, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYFdE_E3mSM
Also they got a bunch of new dinosaurs up
http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/
Man I can't believe they let carnivores hang out on the Cretaceous Cruise kayak thing; then again those predators are piscivores

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I love that we're finally getting some aquatic dinosaurs for a change.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deakul posted:

I love that we're finally getting some aquatic dinosaurs for a change.
Its kind of funny how in retrospect that scene with the Spinosaurus at the end was kind of accurate

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYFdE_E3mSM
Also they got a bunch of new dinosaurs up
http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/
Man I can't believe they let carnivores hang out on the Cretaceous Cruise kayak thing; then again those predators are piscivores

I love the marketing for this movie. The Cretaceous Cruise information lists calories burned by participating in the kayaking which makes me laugh harder than it should.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Nearly all the new dinosaurs that are up were drawn by an artist who was given free range on their design, so they won't be in the film. Only the CGI rendered ones will be.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/suchomimus/

God I love how pretty much all the information on these dinosaur pages is wrong.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/metriacanthosaurus/

Those sure are two straight up carnivores, one of them with a "high" aggression rating, on the no-fence canoe ride

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Those sure are two straight up carnivores, one of them with a "high" aggression rating, on the no-fence canoe ride

While I know it's all just fluff and not actually going to be reflected in the movie in any way, I'd love it if the creation of Indominus Rex was not so much a gigantic fatal mistake but the latest in a long line of hilariously stupid missteps which have been getting people killed for years.

":black101: We need to go after this thing with everything we've got. Release the raptors!"
":rolleyes: What, did we misdirect the daycare guided tour into the T-rex feeding area again?"

Just Offscreen posted:

God I love how pretty much all the information on these dinosaur pages is wrong.

How so? I was never super good at Latin to begin with but I was under the impression that Suchomimus means "crocodile mimic," which in turn is based off its... distinctive crocodile-like snout (and the piscivorous lifestyle that's presumed to go with it.)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Maybe the fence is invisible for where they layout the predators, like the herbivores are fine to be close to the guests but they hide the features that prevent the carnivores from getting to close to the guests.

PriorMarcus posted:

Nearly all the new dinosaurs that are up were drawn by an artist who was given free range on their design, so they won't be in the film. Only the CGI rendered ones will be.
I think they wanted to add all the dinosaurs that were listed on the vials that Nedry stole in the first movie to show that the park was able to clone them.

I'm kind of pissed that Dippy isn't listed, come on man that was an extremely important dinosaur, it was the first Really Big dinosaur found that got crowds going to the museums to look at the dinosaurs. It makes even more sense because the basis of movie Hammond was Andrew Carnegie who funded like 150,000 dollars to find the rest of a specimen after a piece of giant femur was found out in Utah. Luckily for Jacob Wortman a shale quarry found a massive skeleton so he was able to buy the rights to get it removed and sent back to Pittsburgh.

Man when you spend 3 days a week volunteering at the CNMH, this stuff sticks into your head. Though you would be shocked that there are some crates in the basement of that museum that have bones that have never been removed from their jackets to be studied.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

Man when you spend 3 days a week volunteering at the CNMH, this stuff sticks into your head. Though you would be shocked that there are some crates in the basement of that museum that have bones that have never been removed from their jackets to be studied.
"Who?"
"Top. Men."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lego Jurassic World has a trailer. :3:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Stare-Out posted:

This is hilarious. It sounds like they're just straight up using the audio from the movie for the voices which I am TOTALLY okay with, instead of having horrible sounding impersonators.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, that's how they did the Hobbit and LOtR cut scenes too. They're fun little games, I'll definitely be getting this one.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Macaluso posted:

This is hilarious. It sounds like they're just straight up using the audio from the movie for the voices which I am TOTALLY okay with, instead of having horrible sounding impersonators.
They better have the Jeff Goldblum laugh scene in the game

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Some more details: there are over 100 characters in the game, it covers all four films spread over 20 missions plus side stuff and both islands are in the game and explorable with vehicles.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

Some more details: there are over 100 characters in the game, it covers all four films spread over 20 missions plus side stuff and both islands are in the game and explorable with vehicles.

Mr.D.N.A is also a playable character.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stare-Out posted:

Oh drat that looks great. Day one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pixeltendo posted:

Mr.D.N.A is also a playable character.

Whelp, Day 1 purchase.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Vintersorg posted:

Whelp, Day 1 purchase.

Bingo.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
The game (and new movie) does look good, but my crippling OCD makes the TT games unbearable. I feel the need to destroy everything and anything that gives me studs, and then to collect every stud when it explodes out. It makes the games last way too long, and before I've even finished the first level I'm already burnt out. :negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The lovely treatment of LEGO The Hobbit not getting a Five Armies DLC or expansion despite it being promised makes me hesitant to get excited over this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Were the early Star Wars ones like that? I remember playing and not worrying too much about it. I recently played co-op in the Harry Potter ones and it seemed like every single loving exploded in studs plus things were obtuse as all hell and nowhere near as fun. To me at least.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have one question

Can you play as a T-Rex

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lego Lord of the Rings was awesome and the unlockable stud-related cheats made it so you didn't have to go out of your way to earn any. I've not tried the Hobbit game yet because not including all three movies is pretty dumb. But the LOTR one is sweet and if the Jurassic World game comes anywhere close to that, I'll be happy.

Burkion posted:

I have one question

Can you play as a T-Rex
Possibly. There are playable dinosaurs but it's not confirmed if they're actual characters you can switch to or just setpiece type things.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

KiddieGrinder posted:

The game (and new movie) does look good, but my crippling OCD makes the TT games unbearable. I feel the need to destroy everything and anything that gives me studs, and then to collect every stud when it explodes out. It makes the games last way too long, and before I've even finished the first level I'm already burnt out. :negative:

My feelings about the Lego games exactly. That said, even if this new game is like that I will still get it, goddamn.

Not to derail too much, but is it any real reason to get this in the Xbox one over the 360 right now? Would there even be a difference in graphics at this level, I mean how much real can Lego look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Zefiel posted:

Not to derail too much, but is it any real reason to get this in the Xbox one over the 360 right now? Would there even be a difference in graphics at this level, I mean how much real can Lego look.
The general concensus seems to be that there's zero reason to get the Xbox One. I'm sure the Xbox One/PS4 versions only differ graphically from the 360/PS3 versions and the 3DS/Vita versions will be the more trimmed down ones.

• Locked thread