Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
In other news, the Torg bundle is brought back as Torg +2 with the previously mising books now added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's also apparently GM's Day, so DriveThru's having a big sale.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
My gosh, that's a lot of products. Any standouts?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's a lot of bad stuff, but also WWWRPG is already 30% off: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/143434/The-World-Wide-Wrestling-Roleplaying-Game?filters=0_0_0_0_0_31817

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Basically all of Margaret Weiss books are discounted. Cortex+ is awesome, grab something.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

If you like Apocalypse World engine games and/or Wrestling this is a good game and you should buy it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Strange Tales of the Century updates Spirit of the Century to Fate Core, and is a really good examination of the pulp genre and character types therein.

Green Ronin has a lot of Mutants & Masterminds (superhero d20) and Freeport stuff on sale. I'm an unabashed Freeport fanboy, but it's a really good fantasy setting about a pirate hideout-turned-port city that's trying to go legit.

Double Cross is crazy anime X-Men. Good stuff in there, but it's a really crunchy game if that's not your thing.

Like Lemon said, World Wide Wrestling is amazing and you should buy it.

A lot of people like God Machine Chronicles, but I've never read it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Pre Order On sale NOW!

On a more serious note, R.Talsorian has most of the Castle Falkenstein line on sale. http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/rpg_gmsday.php?manufacturers_id=13&filters=0_0_0_0_0_31817#selectpub

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 3, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Enh, that's been up since December. From the description:

A lying shitlord posted:

Pre-order customers will receive the PDF after it is delivered to Kickstarter backers in January, and before the general commercial release.

I'd contact DriveThru, but I don't know if I can give enough of a gently caress. Also, GMS will probably make me into the latest conspiracy preventing him from releasing his magnum opus.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
But...But... It's now ON SALE for GM's Day! It's discounted vaporware!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

But...But... It's now ON SALE for GM's Day! It's discounted vaporware!

It means he has to give you back less credit on his baby's first webstore when he completely fails to deliver a product. If you even request it. And then only if he feels like giving it, which he probably won't because you only invested when it was discounted. After all, you didn't have an actual product so you aren't a customer because ~reasons.~

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I wish they'd had a TORG bundle with just the missing stuff for people who got the first one and one with everything for people who missed it, but oh well.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

DigitalRaven posted:

It means he has to give you back less credit on his baby's first webstore when he completely fails to deliver a product. If you even request it. And then only if he feels like giving it, which he probably won't because you only invested when it was discounted. After all, you didn't have an actual product so you aren't a customer because ~reasons.~

Seriously, even if he releases Far West at this point and it turns out to be the Best RPG Ever it will never surpass the sheer amount of schadenfreude from watching him constantly fail to meet his own deadlines and burn all bridges in the RPG hobby.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.
A couple pages ago we mentioned The Laundry Files RPG when discussing a Delta Green bundle.
Lo and behold, the newest Bundle of Holding!
(Six books all in all, "License to Summon" and "Unconventional Diplomacy" not included.)

Foglet fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 7, 2015

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
Has anyone played the Laundry? Recommendations or comments?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The novels are controversial in TG but I think the game is solid. It's a good contemporary alternative to Delta Green, which is grounded in the 90's, and the two aren't completely incompatible. There's a revamped magic system but it largely uses the 6th edition BRP system.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It's pretty much BRP plus some tongue in cheek ISO-9001 documentation. Don't scribble it out, use a single line with date and initials.

It's an entertaining read on its own.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Frisk posted:

It's pretty much BRP plus some tongue in cheek ISO-9001 documentation. Don't scribble it out, use a single line with date and initials.

It's an entertaining read on its own.

It's also set up so that you can run it super serious or darkly humorous with all the bureaucracy stuff and fire vampire grenades.

EDIT: Not to say that the humor is a bad thing, it isn't, but it's very versatile in that regard.

You get all the books in the bundle except a mission book and the magic book. They're giving a 30% discount on the other books but they're already 30% off with the GM day sale. Don't know if they stack or not but the coupon code wasn't working earlier.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 9, 2015

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Provided you fill out a BOM for the grenade and consume it on a work order, then copy a page of your results and add them on page 9 before filing.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.
And the next Bundle of Holding presents to us The Dying Earth, yet another product designed by Robin Laws.
Which brings before me the traditional question of whether it's any good.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I immensely enjoyed the two sessions of it I played back when it came out. I'm not sure how much was the GM and how much the mechanics, but I will say that settling encounters via subterfuge, seat of your pants rationalizing, or clever tricks seemed pretty natural during gameplay. My PC managed to never once directly engage in combat (or take responsibility for causing food poisoning in the city's militia) and hung out at a "The City Is Surely About to Be Conquered So Let's Get Blotto" party while the rest of the party foolishly manned the ramparts (they may have a bit guilty about the militia's lack of vitality post-lunch).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Foglet posted:

And the next Bundle of Holding presents to us The Dying Earth, yet another product designed by Robin Laws.
Which brings before me the traditional question of whether it's any good.

I think it's his best game design since the original Feng Shui.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It's great but it's really focused on playing Dying Earth style characters having Dying Earth style adventures on the Dying Earth.

If you have any interest at all in Vance or Dying Earth or Robin Laws or just interesting RPGs in general, you really need to get in on this Bundle. Get both parts - the Kaiin citybook (also by Laws) is worth the price of the entire megabundle just by itself.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
e; whoops, quote is not edit.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
License to Summon was added to the Laundry Bundle of Holding so you get 7 books now for $25.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.
The current Bundle of Holding is MegaTraveller.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Is this version of Traveller any actual fun beyond chargen?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

grassy gnoll posted:

Is this version of Traveller any actual fun beyond chargen?

Nope! It's still Traveller.

Edit: In fact here's all the fun bits.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 27, 2015

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Traveller can be fun, but the good bits can be replicated by playing starfleet battles and running the person to person stuff in FUDGE or as a freeform.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This is all subjective but I think the original Traveller bundle they had is better than this one. This is mostly because the original universe stuff for Traveller is better than when they got well into the metaplot. I think MegaTraveller is also not well received as well by the average Traveller fan so take that for what it's worth.

The best edition of Traveller, mechanically speaking, is Mongoose Traveller and it's still being supported. It's still not the most modern or streamlined of games but it's good for what it is if you want to play a Traveller game in a Traveller system. I especially like the 2300 setting, which they're supporting, but that's because it's the far future according to game designers in the 80's playing it out from the 80's to 2300. It's also less space opera and more "realistic" in terms of science and aliens. Most of the aliens in Traveller are Star Trek-esque with a dose of Star Wars and 2300's aliens are very alien and more in line with sci-fi of the early 80's. Even with the more fanciful stuff, Traveller is still about playing long haul space truckers like in Alien as opposed to Flash Gordon mashed with Kurosawa.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Best Traveller version for rules is Mllaneza' s PbtA version, which he needs to finish instead of faffing around with Ad Astra

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.
Yet another Bundle of Holding is here, featuring a handful or comedy-aimed titles (presumably due to April Fools) I don't know much or care about, save that Diana: Warrior Princess was featured and abandoned in Fatal and Friends some time ago.
Oh, and Kobolds Ate My Baby is, if its cover is to be trusted, not the latest (2005/Kovalic) edition but damned if I know if that's a good or a bad thing.

(on a tangential note, the tendency to omit the edition number/publication date for bundled books is mildly frustrating)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't know why they included the old version of Demon Hunters since there's a new kickstarted version with a Fate-based engine coming out soonish, either.

Definitely some odd choices here.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That KAMB is the one they Kickstarted a while back. It's a fairly hefty little bugger, about 120 pages, much of which is optional rules and tables. I haven't played with it, but it looks like the earlier core rules are intact.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I don't know why they included the old version of Demon Hunters since there's a new kickstarted version with a Fate-based engine coming out soonish, either.

I think you answered your own question. Since a new version is coming out soonish, this is one of their last big chances to do something with an older version.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

homullus posted:

I think you answered your own question. Since a new version is coming out soonish, this is one of their last big chances to do something with an older version.

Probably. Unfortunately, the first edition of Demon Hunters uses the dull-as-dishwater original Cortex system so regardless of how you feel about the source material it's not going to be that great mechanically.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.
The Indie Spring Festival bundle offers a number of, well, indie stuff. I've heard good things of Thou Art But a Warrior (some of them around the local F&F thread), but that's pretty much all the information I have.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Thou Art But a Warrior is really good, but it's the only one of those I'm interested in. (And I think I already have it.)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

inklesspen posted:

Thou Art But a Warrior is really good, but it's the only one of those I'm interested in. (And I think I already have it.)

That's the Islamic Spain supplement for Polaris, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ibntumart posted:

That's the Islamic Spain supplement for Polaris, right?

Yep.