Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maiden and Azure are not enough to make the deck work that well when Blue-Eyes ain't much of a threat on its own, meanwhile Red-Eyes is getting fusions and Xyz that both can't be effected by cards when attacking, but can just do 2400 damage for free before attacking. Also a Fusion card specifically meant for getting out a Red-Eyes fusion whenever the hell you want, Return of Red-Eyes which gets you free Red-Eyes, Black-Stone of Legend which is infinitely more useful than White-Stone, and so on. I'm happy Red-Eyes is getting support but it's a cool monster, but Maiden, Thunder End and Azure being the only things Blue-Eyes have is not a lot for it nor is it anywhere near as good as the stuff Red-Eyes is getting. That's not to say all of this is going to suddenly make Red-Eyes a top monster, but it's enough to get it on track and in on opponents.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I want an entirely updated and top tier toon deck return. I love when the top tier decks are adorably stupid designs, instead of hyper serious. it's the one thing YGO has done consistently in my experience.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Waifu posted:

Maiden and Azure are not enough to make the deck work that well when Blue-Eyes ain't much of a threat on its own, meanwhile Red-Eyes is getting fusions and Xyz that both can't be effected by cards when attacking, but can just do 2400 damage for free before attacking. Also a Fusion card specifically meant for getting out a Red-Eyes fusion whenever the hell you want, Return of Red-Eyes which gets you free Red-Eyes, Black-Stone of Legend which is infinitely more useful than White-Stone, and so on. I'm happy Red-Eyes is getting support but it's a cool monster, but Maiden, Thunder End and Azure being the only things Blue-Eyes have is not a lot for it nor is it anywhere near as good as the stuff Red-Eyes is getting. That's not to say all of this is going to suddenly make Red-Eyes a top monster, but it's enough to get it on track and in on opponents.

okay yeah you're totally right.

They retrained Black Skull Dragon, can they retrain Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon too? I actually bought a ticket to a loving Yu-Gi-Oh movie to see that thing. :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please remake Blue-Eyes Shining into a usable card. I'm sure the Blue-Eyes will get some really good support too, but the Red-Eyes having all of this stuff is just nuts and makes me wonder when big daddy Kaiba is gonna finally be the big dog again.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Black-Stone of Legend which is infinitely more useful than White-Stone

Spoken like someone who has never milled a White Stone to the graveyard

E: Or Future Fusioned for 3 of them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I play a Blue-Eyes deck... do not talk to me about not milling White Stones. Also there's this...

quote:

You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower "Red-Eyes" monster from your Deck, except "Red-Eyes B. Chick". If this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 1 Level 7 or lower "Red-Eyes" monster in your Graveyard, except "Red-Eyes B. Chick"; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, return this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use 1 "Black Stone of Legend" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

You can just keep loving perpetuating Red-Eyes, unless something removes it from the graveyard it won't stop.

quote:

E: Or Future Fusioned for 3 of them

That card is just flat out banned.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

That card is just flat out banned.

And that's why I quit this card game :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Actually, it might come back eventually now that Dragon Rulers are effectively out. That is if the TCG bans them too...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Joey is cooler than Kaiba and Yugi so it makes sense that his archetype gets buffed before the other two's inevitably do in time for the movie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh, Joey is not cooler than Kaiba. He in fact does not have a jet or an amusement park or lots of money or exodia ptsd.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Uh, Joey is not cooler than Kaiba. He in fact does not have a jet or an amusement park or lots of money or exodia ptsd.

The fact that Joey does almost as well without any of these things means Kaiba seriously needs to evaluate his poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Waifu posted:

Please remake Blue-Eyes Shining into a usable card. I'm sure the Blue-Eyes will get some really good support too, but the Red-Eyes having all of this stuff is just nuts and makes me wonder when big daddy Kaiba is gonna finally be the big dog again.

Well, there is the Yugi/Kaiba movie next year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah there's no way they don't pump out some Dark Magician/Blue Eyes support for that movie. They can do the usual 'come to the movie, get your choice of a yugi card or a kaiba card' promotion, sell some booster packs, probably make the umpteenth Yugi vs Kaiba starter set.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

Yeah there's no way they don't pump out some Dark Magician/Blue Eyes support for that movie. They can do the usual 'come to the movie, get your choice of a yugi card or a kaiba card' promotion, sell some booster packs, probably make the umpteenth Yugi vs Kaiba starter set.

All the new support are Dark Magician Girl and variations. It sells gangbusters, because I buy all the cards so nobody else can have them.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Kaiba's cheat codes are better.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

VJeff posted:

Well, there is the Yugi/Kaiba movie next year.
I want to see Joey do xyz summon. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It would be kinda strange if they went that route...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nyaa posted:

I want to see Joey do xyz summon. :allears:

I want Kaiba to do it with the XYZ robots. And don't tell me they already made them xyz monsters.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe we'll finally get some real union support. :swoon:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So are ritual summons pretty much forgotten without much support? How are gishki cards, and even though only some ritual monsters have the "Cannot be special summoned by..." bit on it, is it implied that that no ritual card can be special summoned by other ways?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

everythingWasBees posted:

So are ritual summons pretty much forgotten without much support? How are gishki cards, and even though only some ritual monsters have the "Cannot be special summoned by..." bit on it, is it implied that that no ritual card can be special summoned by other ways?

Let me introduce you to a little archetype called Nekroz, currently the best deck on the format.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
OH gently caress yes, finally Lord of the Red is getting a card!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
While skimming the wiki, I found that Creator of Miracles (and its buddies Creator of Hope and Winning Formula) is a thing.

These are amazing, please tell me you can use them on Devpro or whatever.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BlitzBlast posted:

While skimming the wiki, I found that Creator of Miracles (and its buddies Creator of Hope and Winning Formula) is a thing.

Only when they implement Mic support.

And long range handshakes.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

If you're hosting a no-banlist game, probably.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Only when they implement Mic support.

And long range handshakes.

Long range handshaking technology should be on the top of Konamis priorities for the next game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, all that Red-Eyes support is bringing up some nostalgia. I kind of want to try a Red-Eyes deck now and I don't even play (though I am trying to get back into it with sims). I have no idea how to build a competent deck though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, all that Red-Eyes support is bringing up some nostalgia. I kind of want to try a Red-Eyes deck now and I don't even play (though I am trying to get back into it with sims). I have no idea how to build a competent deck though.

Just keep flinging poo poo at the wall until you get a deck that sorta works, it's like 40% of what makes this game enjoyable. I can't really give you any advice on Red-Eyes since CORE still isn't up on devpro but I do have this video for you. :shobon:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There aren't enough red-eyes cards to make an effective deck So you need to take a dip into the giant-rear end pool of possible support cards and that can be definitely is overwhelming to someone who hasn't followed the meta.

I know I didnt and I'm having a pain of a time trying to make the kind of weird decks I used to make before synchro, and by extension the concept of self-contained, self-sufficient archetypes, was introduced.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 16, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I've had YGO pro on my computer for a while but just haven't actually used it. The new Red Eyes support is going to push me to finally use it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'll shoot someone a game if they're willing to download ygopro; for some reason, I can't connect to the devpro servers.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The errata of Crush Card Virus suddenly make a whole lot more sense. Looks like we're getting Doom Virus Dragon and Mirror Force Dragon within the year. :dance:

Also, loving lol

quote:

Timaeus the Knight of Destiny
Light/10/?/?
Warrior-Type/Fusion/Effect
“Legendary Knight Timaeus” + “Legendary Knight Hermos” + “Legendary Knight Critias”
This card can only be Special Summoned by sending the above cards you control to the graveyard and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (You do not use “Polymerization”)
(1)This card is unaffected by card effects. (2) When this card battles: during damage calculation; this cards ATK and DEF can be equal to the ATK of the monster with the highest ATK on the field. (3) When this card is destroyed by battle; you can Special Summon 3 “Legendary Knight” monsters from your hand, deck, or graveyard, ignoring summoning conditions.

That is a lot of setup to create a fusion-monster which can only OTK for game if your opponent has just 1 monster in attack on field.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Odd that Japan is getting them first given how popular Dragons of Legend was.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Odd that Japan is getting them first given how popular Dragons of Legend was.

They probably faced some flak for releasing the most interesting pack in years to filthy gaijins first.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The way they release these cards seems really odd to me. Is it less about pulling people in that remember the show, and more about them just being new cards? Cause I can't imagine kids today would really know what stuff like Hermos and Critias even are. Hell, by the time they showed up, I stopped paying much attention to the show anyway.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Momomo posted:

The way they release these cards seems really odd to me. Is it less about pulling people in that remember the show, and more about them just being new cards? Cause I can't imagine kids today would really know what stuff like Hermos and Critias even are. Hell, by the time they showed up, I stopped paying much attention to the show anyway.

Kids aren't the target audience for these packs. You're forgetting that most competitive Yugioh players are all in their 20's-40's.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Momomo posted:

yeah, these cards are targeted at nostalgic nerds and competitive players who don't care about the show.

the kid-focused cards are the ones that are being shown in arc-v at the moment.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm feeling the flow

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Have Harpie decks gotten anything since Harpie Queen? I used to run a Harpie deck back when I played.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Have Harpie decks gotten anything since Harpie Queen? I used to run a Harpie deck back when I played.

There might have been some new cards released in-between. ;)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Harpie_Channeler
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Harpie_Dancer
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteric_Sign
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Harpie_Harpist
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Harpie_Lady_Phoenix_Formation
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Harpie%27s_Pet_Phantasmal_Dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Xoidanor posted:

There might have been some new cards released in-between. ;)
Oh wow, no kidding. Glad to see it still gets support, at least.