Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i really should start the mgs hd collection

i'm always concerned i forgot everything that happened in mgs on psx tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

hubris.height posted:

i really should start the mgs hd collection

mgs2 has a summary thing you can read that tells you everything that's important. plus they talk about it in mgs2 all the time anyway so you're fine

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hubris.height posted:

Here's a convenient summary:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
e: o ok.

Excels fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 16, 2015

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

the face of a generation

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Excels posted:

make sure you get the Legacy Collection, which is just the HD Collection but with way more poo poo included, like the original old-school Metal Gear games
The old-school MSX games are included in the HD Collection, on the main menu of MGS3. The only difference between HD Collection and Legacy Collection is the latter has a disc copy of MGS4 and PSN download codes for MGS1 and VR Missions packed in.

Oh, and some digital comics, but whatever.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's an old saying: everyone understands Mario. Few people understand Zelda. And nobody understands Metal Gear.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i think i've been playing too much war thunder, the opening of wolfenstein i'm confused why the copilot is also apparently the nose turret gunner

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

There's an old saying: everyone understands Mario. Few people understand Zelda. And nobody understands Metal Gear.

You have to take that poo poo in stride. Revolver Ocelot alone constantly contradicts everything he says or does anytime he says or does a new thing.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

You have to take that poo poo in stride. Revolver Ocelot alone constantly contradicts everything he says or does anytime he says or does a new thing.

doesn't it turn out at the end of mgs4 that ocelot was never actually hypnotized or controlled by liquid and he was faking it the entire time or something?

or was it that he became liquid and never turned back into ocelot or something

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Excels posted:

doesn't it turn out at the end of mgs4 that ocelot was never actually hypnotized or controlled by liquid and he was faking it the entire time or something?
He was actually possessed by Liquid in 2 due to having latent spirit medium abilities thanks to his dad, The Sorrow. Before 4 he chops off Liquid's arm, get's a new one, and then just fakes being possessed in order to fool the Patriots.

Yeah...

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

precision posted:

by your "room" I assume you mean "dorm room", right?

No, it's an abandoned porta-potty under a bridge in Albuquerque.

I live in a house, weirdo. What's it matter to you where I live?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

gay skull posted:

:yikes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

Here's a convenient summary:

thats me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gay skull posted:

In my head, the only people who would hang up posters of Borderlands would do so in a dorm room. It's like the Boondock Saints of video games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In general, posters, unless they are in a frame and probably even then, are more of a college thing in terms of decor.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My Claptrap body pillow and wall scrolls disagree with you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

In general, posters, unless they are in a frame and probably even then, are more of a college thing in terms of decor.

i have a framed year of luigi poster

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I do not judge anyone for their poster choices, but as an adult I find that the only things I really have room for on my wall anymore are photographs of friends and family, keepsakes from travel or important life events, and the like.

The Year of Luigi is of course an important life event, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

:agreed:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I do not judge anyone for their poster choices, but as an adult I find that the only things I really have room for on my wall anymore are photographs of friends and family, keepsakes from travel or important life events, and the like.

Get bigger walls

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Eonwe posted:

thats me

You're Otacon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Get bigger walls

That would be nice, like castle sized, maybe with a stained glass window of my favorite Nintendo heroes.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i am a bad gamer because if i saw any nerd posters on my walls i would viciously tear them down with my wretched hands, then replace them with flower wreathes and pictures of little birds sitting on branches and stuff

i am secretly an old lady

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 16, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I have an Inu-Yasha poster in my room and am too lazy to take it down.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have an Inu-Yasha poster in my room and am too lazy to take it down.

dont be ashamed of your anime heritage

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A Spider Covets posted:

i am a bad gamer because if i saw any nerd posters on my walls i would viciously tear them down with wretched hands, then replace them with flower wreathes and pictures of little birds sitting on branches and stuff

i am secretly an old lady

One of the things we do hang is a painting of our bird which one of my wife's friends commissioned for us as a birthday present and most of the rest of it is like, pictures of godchildren, weddings, family keepsakes. someone should get me a cane and some plaid clothing and I'll start yelling at the kids who smoke out on our stoop.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Eonwe posted:

dont be ashamed of your anime heritage

That series had zero ending after a few hundred episodes and the Manga ending was half assed.

I wish I had known that all those years ago.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hey you kids!!! get off the stoop! you'll never game with power if you pollute your lungs that way!!

*checks on 401k while hyrule warriors is loading*

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
man if you think that having a 401k is mockable you need to wise up homie

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hubris.height posted:

man if you think that having a 401k is mockable you need to wise up homie

I enjoy having it and watching the number go up each month, but it seemed an appropriate thing to list doing while yelling at the stoop kids

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

things that are pro:

stock options
healthcare
not baking onself to death in one's car
video games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

things that are pro:

:eyepop:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Kids mostly play IOS apps instead of actual games anymore.

It's funny because computer labs for elementary schools have to put up signs saying "don't press the computer screens they won't work when touched, use a keyboard and mouse".

and they look at the KB&M like it's alien to them.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

I hate having pictures of real people up on my walls. I feel like they're constantly judging me, staring at me and reminding me how my life didn't turn out the right way even though I thought I did everything right and having a decent job and education was all I needed. Video game posters and stuff don't judge me and remind me about how much fun they are, so that's why I brought along my game posters and other decorative crap along with me when I grew up.

And I don't really have any keepsakes aside from travel photos, which are all digital. Souvenirs that aren't video game related don't mesh with my collection, and therefore I'd rather just take a photo and keep it digital than have it take up space in my home.

precision posted:

In my head, the only people who would hang up posters of Borderlands would do so in a dorm room. It's like the Boondock Saints of video games.

The Boondocks Saints is a sci-fi movie with a bunch of fantasy guns, redneck humor and a story about bounty hunters searching for a legendary macguffin?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

gay skull posted:

How are you allowed in computer labs in elementary schools?

someone has to teach the kids how to not post so badly, otherwise this happens

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gay skull posted:

The Boondocks Saints is a sci-fi movie with a bunch of fantasy guns, redneck humor and a story about bounty hunters searching for a legendary macguffin?

Basically yeah

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they should make that movie

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bicyclops posted:

posters for exhibits or whatever are a good thing to decorate an academic office w/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

A Spider Covets posted:

things that are pro:

stock options
healthcare
video games

that call back always makes me laff rip goon and goon wife you pill heads