Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Reiche posted:

If he gives into Juvia and his own feelings, how will he ever surpass Natsu?! That guy is a big meathead whose definition of love is all his guildmates

Seriously Natsu, your childhood crush who you thought was dead has been back for a while now. Get you some Lisanna.

Like Mashima is ever going to sink any of the various fan pairings for his main character or the other major popular ones (at least I'm pretty sure Natsu, Erza, and Lucy are top three in the polls. Maybe Ichiya beat them once.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I forgot that Lisanna/Natsu was a thing. I also had to look up who Bluenote was.

It is very hard to remember Fairy Tail things

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Reiche posted:

Seriously Natsu, your childhood crush who you thought was dead has been back for a while now. Get you some Lisanna.

that's old news, Natsu's moved on to blondes now

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah I don't remember poo poo in Fairy Tail. I think it's something I learned from Bleach and Naruto, though, to suppress how terrible the plot flows.

KoB posted:

The Gray/Juvia thing is dumb because Gray clearly likes her but is a big dumb baby and is a jerk about it for some reason.
He has issues because his family all died and yeah I get it but there's no reason to dwell on it like some will they won't they prime time NBC bullshit.

I guess maybe it's central to her character or something but it would totally own if they started doing combination magic.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Reiche posted:

If he gives into Juvia and his own feelings, how will he ever surpass Natsu?! That guy is a big meathead whose definition of love is all his guildmates

Are you sure she didn't die again

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

chumbler posted:

Like Mashima is ever going to sink any of the various fan pairings for his main character or the other major popular ones (at least I'm pretty sure Natsu, Erza, and Lucy are top three in the polls. Maybe Ichiya beat them once.)

Isn't the bigger issue that he was kind of forced into bringing Lisanna back and he doesn't give half a poo poo about her? Like, oh hey lets focus on Dance Mage instead of ol' whatsherface levels of not giving a poo poo.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

pinegala posted:

Are you sure she didn't die again
Are you sure of anything beyond the three Fs of Fairy Tail: Fire, Friendship and Fanservice?

Because I'm not. I honestly don't even remember who Lisanna is or why she was in Egodoltas or whatever that lovely world was called. she was there, right?

Who is dance mage? Chelia?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Ooba Babasaama, Lamia Scale's guildmaster.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
For all I know Lisanna just evaporated into dust over this time skip because everyone forgot about her. Though she's probably been off with Mirajane and Elfman training to transform into more wacky, but useless things.

Spin-Granny is legitimately one of my favorite characters!

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah I don't remember poo poo in Fairy Tail. I think it's something I learned from Bleach and Naruto, though, to suppress how terrible the plot flows.
He has issues because his family all died and yeah I get it but there's no reason to dwell on it like some will they won't they prime time NBC bullshit.

I guess maybe it's central to her character or something but it would totally own if they started doing combination magic.

Agreed. There's just something about Fairy Tail plots that become forgettable the second you move onto the next plot.
And they should totally do more Unision Raids. I remember the Gray/Juvia one from the anime, it was a cute dance. Can't remember if it was anime only though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

Are you sure of anything beyond the three Fs of Fairy Tail: Fire, Friendship and Fanservice?

Because I'm not. I honestly don't even remember who Lisanna is or why she was in Egodoltas or whatever that lovely world was called. she was there, right?

There's a Z list Fairly Tail member who does dance magic. I don't think he's ever even got a line of dialog but he's like that guy who dresses like a Pacific Islander and never, ever takes a job.

How in the gently caress do I remember these sort of things?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

There's a Z list Fairly Tail member who does dance magic. I don't think he's ever even got a line of dialog but he's like that guy who dresses like a Pacific Islander and never, ever takes a job.

How in the gently caress do I remember these sort of things?

Oh geez, he actually has a name: Vijeeter Ecor.

According to the wikia, he's popped up a whole lot. I never noticed. :psyduck:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Vijeeter...

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
New Chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-424--AVATAR?id=223455

Just setup, but new arc looks to be heading in an interesting direction.

Also

Panels like this are why I can never bring myself to fully hate Fairy Tail. :allears:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

huh on the one hand it's not surprising at all That Juvia's sad because gray's gone. On the other hand, I did not expect Gray to turn evil (though he's likely faking it or something)

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Monaghan posted:

huh on the one hand it's not surprising at all That Juvia's sad because gray's gone. On the other hand, I did not expect Gray to turn evil (though he's likely faking it or something)

Wasn't it set up at some point that Natsu and Gray were supposed to end up fighting each other?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gothmog1065 posted:

Wasn't it set up at some point that Natsu and Gray were supposed to end up fighting each other?

Gray wanted to destroy END while Natsu wanted to keep it because Igneel told him to keep but not read it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Monaghan posted:

I fully expect this to end with Natsu Beating the Evil Out of him because there's no way Hiro will let that sweet Bishonen money slip through his fingers.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

I fully expect this to end with Natsu Beating the Evil Out of him because there's no way Hiro will let that sweet Bishonen money slip through his fingers.

Also, because that's just Fairy Tail rules. We know we're getting a heartfelt speech and Natsu punching him with fire. The only questions are 1) How hard is the punch? and 2) How big is the fire?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The answer to both those questions is "yes".

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
Calling it: Gray's posing as his dad and going around smashing the gently caress out of dark guilds

At least pedotime is over good job for stepping in editors.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Thunderbro posted:

Calling it: Gray's posing as his dad and going around smashing the gently caress out of dark guilds

Nope, this is a standard Jellal plot. At Mashima finally listened to the fans and isn't making everyone Jellal again. Instead Gray will play the part!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You know, with all this melodrama I'm hoping Erza's storyline is something completely silly and stupid, like she gambled her way into debt and is working it off in a cake factory, but never makes a cent because she keeps messing up "I Love Lucy" style.

Really just anything that has nothing at all to do with Jellal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope erza loves lucy :greencube:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
My bet is that Gray has gone through basically his equivalent of the Dragon Slayer's whole 'become a dragon through the slayer powers' thing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chumbler posted:

Really just anything that has nothing at all to do with Jellal.
It's literally just going to be her working for him while they stare at each other with doe eyes and more will they won't they prime time nbc poo poo. I can't even remember who inferior-mystogan even is anymore. Even worse I would rather the manga simply not address their sexual lives at all but "we lived together for six months and didn't touch each other" comes off as either the R is silent or just really messed up.

Also lord the whole scary-go-round of new ultra evil zeref worshiping freaks is just self-parody now. Haven't they killed like 93 of these buffoons already? Is there some factory making more of them?

edit: this chapter was good I just laughed out loud at that part. All of these new faces, soon to be super punched.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 17, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's also some Fairy Tail Zero out.

Mavis continues to rule and I like Young Hades.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Spiderdrake posted:

Also lord the whole scary-go-round of new ultra evil zeref worshiping freaks is just self-parody now. Haven't they killed like 93 of these buffoons already? Is there some factory making more of them?
It's even more boring than it sounds because Mashima has already beaten the audience over the head with the fact that Zeref is this whole tragic figure who has driven himself mad/amnesiac because of his curse.

We get it Mashima; these mooks are even dumber than the usual idiots who worship deathgods that would just as soon dust them as look at them because their god is a false one. Christ.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Just saw the FT anime(Raijinshuu/Laxus episode this time) and saw the preview for next episode.

:derp::zombie::derp:

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/425

lol cat destiny

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Huh. That's actually a somewhat interesting twist.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like that he'll only temporarily not trust Grey. Why? Because a future dude told him so, which isn't really not trusting Grey. Unless I'm forgetting Grey's solemn pinky swear to never, ever, join a super evil demon guild.

Also I really hate Frosh and think Natsu would be more correct to wait a couple days at least before starting his find Grey trip.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
When was this supposed to have happened?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Frosh is cute.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I honestly hope that it actually is the case that a dumbass cat in a frog suit is the lynchpin of history. That kind of thing and Minerva being proud of winning the eating contest are the dumb little things I like about Fairy Tail and that have been missing lately.

Also Lucy's capacity for forgiveness is apparently infinite.

Edit: I can't remember, what is Minerva's magic again? And is she still part demon?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 24, 2015

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

chumbler posted:

I honestly hope that it actually is the case that a dumbass cat in a frog suit is the lynchpin of history. That kind of thing and Minerva being proud of winning the eating contest are the dumb little things I like about Fairy Tail and that have been missing lately.

Also Lucy's capacity for forgiveness is apparently infinite.

Edit: I can't remember, what is Minerva's magic again? And is she still part demon?

The only thing weirder than the way female characters in this series have a tendency to be stripped naked and tortured is how they then proceed to breezily brush it off.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

When was this supposed to have happened?

At the end of the magic tournament, after the battle with the dragons and the time travel. I kind of hope the next few arcs turn on a new, previously never hinted at, piece of future knowledge.

Gajeel, a year and a month from now, make sure that Levy eats dinner at the Pacifica. She has to eat the house special at 8 O'clock or Lucy will lose her arm!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'd be okay with this if Gajeel starts using it to prank Natsu, and Gray and the rest of the guild get in on it too, adding in more and more ridiculous stipulations to see just how far they can take it before he gets fed up or finally figures it out.

"Oh yea, and she has to eat it with chopsticks"
"Sure, and her chair has to be facing east."
"Oh...and I almost forgot, she needs to eat it while standing on her head. Remember, on her head, this is important".

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder how hard Natsu is going to have to friendship punch Grey to make him not evil anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

Not sure what its called, but I remember it like she has control over portals and space. As in she can use two portals to redirect or something along those lines. She can also teleport with them too.

As for if she's a demon, of course not! Minerva is human, Neo Minerva is a demon, and that was clearly Minerva.

Also prolonged beatdowns is just a small scuffle between guilds and its no problem.

• Locked thread