Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

mikeraskol posted:

Are you joking or do you actually find it weird that she didn't like being turned into a porcupine, and is reacting differently than she would if it happened to someone else?

Are you some sort of alien trying to figure out how humans work?

Plus she says the "quills" leave her in constant pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

howe_sam posted:

Plus she says the "quills" leave her in constant pain.

Yeah, the cosmic irony of the biggest Inhuman Kool-aid drinker drawing an insanely short straw is super great. Giving her a poo poo power-set when she clearly expected something transcendent is one of the strongest decisions they've made, dramatically.

If Raina had the critical distance to accept being a hosed up spike monster right out of the gate, it'd ring incredibly false to me.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
She also said her insides feel like gravel, which means that the thorns aren't only on the outside. :gonk:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Xealot posted:

Yeah, the cosmic irony of the biggest Inhuman Kool-aid drinker drawing an insanely short straw is super great. Giving her a poo poo power-set when she clearly expected something transcendent is one of the strongest decisions they've made, dramatically.

If Raina had the critical distance to accept being a hosed up spike monster right out of the gate, it'd ring incredibly false to me.

The best part was when she complained to Cal and he responded with, "well, you did always like flowers. :)" That really made me laugh out loud.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Are you joking or do you actually find it weird that she didn't like being turned into a porcupine, and is reacting differently than she would if it happened to someone else?

Are you some sort of alien trying to figure out how humans work?

Hello I am an alien please explain to me what happens when a woman and man goes into a hotel room and close the door?

Phylodox posted:

She also said her insides feel like gravel, which means that the thorns aren't only on the outside. :gonk:

Yeah she alluded to hurting with every step and some bad chaffing issues from the quills right?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Xealot posted:

I imagine the reason she's in so much pain is because she doesn't know how to control her powers and there will probably be a subplot where Reader teaches her to control her quills/thorns.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah she alluded to hurting with every step and some bad chaffing issues from the quills right?

I don't think it was chafing so much as stabbing herself every time she moved.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Teek posted:

I keep waiting for Revenge to get cancelled and for Emily VanCamp to move over to Shield. Seems like an easy transition, and I would think the producers would want to snap her up.
That's still not cancelled?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Teek posted:

I keep waiting for Revenge to get cancelled and for Emily VanCamp to move over to Shield. Seems like an easy transition, and I would think the producers would want to snap her up.

Yes please, also grab Madeleine Stowe as well and put her in a villainous role, good god her and Emily are just amazing in Revenge.
Probably the only consistently good things left on it... maybe Nolan too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Lycus posted:

That's still not cancelled?

Nope. It's ratings have been cratering season after season. Not sure why ABC is keeping it going, this seems like it should be the last season for it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Questions about tonight's episode:

- How much of a bro will Fitz be?
- Will the power use = slow-mo streak continue for Skye Mary Sue "Daisy Johnson" Zabo-Poots?
- How much poo poo will the Mua'dad gently caress up with his Frankenstein Parade?
- Will Mack a/o Bobbi be successful in their caper? Will Bobbi end up last-minute switching sides back to SHIELD?
- How angry is Hunter going to be when he wakes up?
- How will Simmons cope with Mary Sue Skye "Daisy" Johnson-Zabo Poots' newfound alien lineage?
- Is Ward more or less dead than the dog? Will either return to the show anytime soon?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

OB_Juan posted:

Skye Mary Sue "Daisy Johnson" Zabo-Poots

MOST OF THAT ISN'T HER NAME!!!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This is the story of two 'fathers'

Phil Coulson

and

Cal Zabo

These are the Coulsons...

and these are the Zabos....

OB_Juan posted:

Questions about tonight's episode:

- Will the power use = slow-mo streak continue for Skye Mary Sue "Daisy Johnson" Zabo-Poots?
- How much poo poo will the Mua'dad gently caress up with his Frankenstein Parade?
- Will Mack a/o Bobbi be successful in their caper? Will Bobbi end up last-minute switching sides back to SHIELD?
- How angry is Hunter going to be when he wakes up?
- How will Simmons cope with Mary Sue Skye "Daisy" Johnson-Zabo Poots' newfound alien lineage?
- Is Ward more or less dead than the dog? Will either return to the show anytime soon?

Confused? You won't be after this episode of...S.H.I.E.L.D!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Bobbi and Mack aren't working with Ward.

Poor, misunderstood, Ward.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh man oh man I got to watch my wife's reaction to Grant's heel turn just now :allears:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This is the story of two 'fathers'
Confused? You won't be after this episode of...S.H.I.E.L.D!

Amazing.

Jamesman posted:

Bobbi and Mack aren't working with Ward.

No, that would be terrible.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I can't wait for Shield Dad vs. Muad'Dad tonight.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

OB_Juan posted:

Amazing.

I saw OB_Juan's questions and was inspired.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

OB_Juan posted:

No, that would be terrible.

If by terrible you mean great, then yes. You just gotta put the pieces together man. It totally makes sense.

God, I wish AoS was on a half-hour earlier. This Repeat After Me show is unbearable garbage.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jamesman posted:

If by terrible you mean great, then yes. You just gotta put the pieces together man. It totally makes sense.

God, I wish AoS was on a half-hour earlier. This Repeat After Me show is unbearable garbage.
Nah I like it not competing with The Flash

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

Nah I like it not competing with The Flash

Yea i like going from Flash to AoS.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Yea i like going from Flash to AoS.

AoS would lose out if it came to that, so I'm glad its not an issue.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Maclachlan is sooooo good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Toodles!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

AoS would lose out if it came to that, so I'm glad its not an issue.
Especially after that episode :stare:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
:lol: door to door salesman

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

that seems unhygienic lady

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Maclachlan is sooooo good.

Yeah every scene he is in is a great one.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Going to be hard to top tonight's Flash.

What's the deal with Adriana's finger tips? Razors?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Deakul posted:

Going to be hard to top tonight's Flash.

What's the deal with Adriana's finger tips? Razors?

Looked like Xacto blades.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Looked like Xacto blades.

Bolted into her fingers? :gonk:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hunter totally got Rick James'd.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I agree Hunter. I agree. :(

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

howe_sam posted:

Bolted into her fingers? :gonk:

Yeah, seems useless and more of a hindrance than anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Deakul posted:

Yeah, seems useless and more of a hindrance than anything.

They're probably made of Vibranium or something exotic.

This guy is totally May's Ex.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Cal in a beat rear end Winnebago :allears:

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Hi! *throat slash*

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
It's the Inhuman Winnebago of EVIL!!!!!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

howe_sam posted:

Cal in a beat rear end Winnebago :allears:

Calvin Zabo's Winnebago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
At long last, straight up supervillains!

• Locked thread