Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I was in my car so I couldn't rewind it and make sure he said Brony from Heeltown but now I want to hurt something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Danny Davis midget story on Talking Shop is yet another reminder of why I love pro-wrestling so much :allears:

Also the Steve Austin "rib" too, haha. "That's a hell of a rib, Steve."

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Woah Juno email still exists?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I listened to a coworker talk to their tech support about getting an extra gig of storage for like twenty dollars or something inside six months ago and it was like travelling time.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Juno: Email for people with grandchildren who they really want to keep in touch with. And ads for diapers.

It's actually great and FREE for someone with no interest in the WWW that just wants to email and has a landline.

It makes me wonder. If I still had my .edu from 1993, what kind of poo poo would I be getting?

Do colleges/unis give kids lifetime access or anything now? Back in the day I thought YAY OFFICIAL EMAIL and didn't really think about losing it eventually. I used it to register like 50 domains, it was a giant pain in the rear end to switch them all over.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think we've been over this before and Dave keeps his Juno address active because that's the best way for people he hasn't spoken to in 20 years to contact him, since it's never changed since he first gave it out.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New SNCJ

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

we're not as popular as you guys, but I gathered some people and we played Call of Cthulhu!!

the cast:
Blankgambit
Bard Maddox
IBeforeE
StrikingYak
Writer Cath

We're more than halfway through the campaign but you can start midway.
If you liked listening to us on other podcasts (everybody but Blank) you can listen to us kill more civilians than a global death cult.

http://tindeck.com/listen/kexxd

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

someusername posted:

Do colleges/unis give kids lifetime access or anything now? Back in the day I thought YAY OFFICIAL EMAIL and didn't really think about losing it eventually. I used it to register like 50 domains, it was a giant pain in the rear end to switch them all over.

I still have a University of Texas e-mail that I can use even though I graduated from there like 8 years ago

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

we're not as popular as you guys, but I gathered some people and we played Call of Cthulhu!!

the cast:
Blankgambit
Bard Maddox
IBeforeE
StrikingYak
Writer Cath

We're more than halfway through the campaign but you can start midway.
If you liked listening to us on other podcasts (everybody but Blank) you can listen to us kill more civilians than a global death cult.

http://tindeck.com/listen/kexxd

what does this have to do with wrestling podcasts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

I still have a University of Texas e-mail that I can use even though I graduated from there like 8 years ago

Uconn stripped me of my email 3 months after I graduated.

I wonder if they ever upgraded from the 50 MB limit. (It used to be 25.)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

oatgan posted:

what does this have to do with wrestling podcasts

Hey, the first thing they said was "New Day!" surely that counts.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sanguinia posted:

Hey, the first thing they said was "New Day!" surely that counts.

new day

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

NEW DAY!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh my god this Phoenix Jones superhero derail on Observer Radio. Also Bryan filed it under Figure Four Daily if you're wondering why it's not in your podcast feed.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was in my car so I couldn't rewind it and make sure he said Brony from Heeltown but now I want to hurt something.
Not sure if this will disappoint or please people, but that was pretty clearly frequent Live Audio Wrestling caller "Baroni", who *I think* got banned from the show once it went back to terrestrial radio because 60-80% of his calls were doing bong hits into the receiver and then cussing.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Did anyone listen to after dark this week? I think the first caller was the same guy who always calls about women's wrestling.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ryan from Cumberland is no Jim from Virginia. :argh:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember when people had hope for the Ascension

Who are these people? Point them out to me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Ryan from Cumberland is no Jim from Virginia. :argh:

Though I have considered noting down times if you want to skip past both the opening plugs and Ryan's call. What's weirdest about it to me is Bryan said as he was talking about how his call-in system works that he already had someone waiting on the line. So Ryan just calls as soon as the show starts and Bryan keeps him on hold for about 10 minutes while he does the show intro.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

PTP's on a win streak! They just beat the Ascension this week.

Remember when people had hope for the Ascension

i don't remember that at all actually

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

i don't remember that at all actually

"I hope I don't have to see them on TV"

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I've been listening to WORs selectively for about a month here, and I guess this is the first one that I had heard with Lapsed Fan appended to the end of it. So, this isn't its own thing - it's just added to a WOR?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I've been listening to WORs selectively for about a month here, and I guess this is the first one that I had heard with Lapsed Fan appended to the end of it. So, this isn't its own thing - it's just added to a WOR?

It's just the part where Dave shows up on the actual Lapsed Fan Podcast tacked onto a WOR.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Bryan telling Vinny not to live in a bubble... that's like Ziggler telling the Young Bucks to slow down.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I love random Dave typos

quote:

Orton looked down at Mercury, paused, but just blew him, which the crowd laughed at.

I know this is supposed to be 'blew him off' or 'blew past him' or something, but what a disturbing mental image

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave doesn't have the scoops on Putin :(

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

It's a thing they're doing where Dave makes 30 special appearances on the Lapsed Fan show to talk about each Mania in turn, and they're allowed to rebroadcast those segments on WOR

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Thauros posted:

Dave's contact at the CIA told him to cool it with the scoops

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

It's a thing they're doing where Dave makes 30 special appearances on the Lapsed Fan show to talk about each Mania in turn, and they're allowed to rebroadcast those segments on WOR

Wish someone would edit them all into a youtube playlist.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't really blame Bryan for this but he's so much worse on NJPW review shows than Mike. Mike has so much product knowledge while Bryan just wants to compare it to WWE. It's always the same comparison.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

I don't really blame Bryan for this but he's so much worse on NJPW review shows than Mike. Mike has so much product knowledge while Bryan just wants to compare it to WWE. It's always the same comparison.

Does Bryan actually watch it now

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Someone on the Board is compiling all of the Dave Lapsed Fan segments. Would it be okay to post those links here? Lapsed Fan is a free podcast anyway.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'll allow it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

Bryan: You have a friend.
Dave: I do have a friend.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: You have a friend.
Dave: I do have a friend.

Dave's got a friend

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Rock broke the news of bin Laden's death before anyone else so him knowing Putin personally isn't much of a stretch

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Rock left wrestling to become an international spy. Bin Laden actually died by getting hit with two people's elbows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
His ashes were scattered on Jabroni Drive

• Locked thread