Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

KennyMan666 posted:

^ Source is a news item about it on another gaming page I go to (which in in Swedish). They don't link to any source, but they haven't done that when writing about previous CC DLC either and it's never been wrong.

Awesome. Wasn't questioning its validity or anything, just curious as to where this info comes from in the first place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Saoshyant posted:

Was the XL completely new and unused? Did you do a straight system transfer without doing anything on the XL system including formatting, linking it earlier with a NNID (even if the same one as the one you would get after the transfer), or selecting a different country during the setup phase?

Oh! Yeah, I did get it used.

I ordered it a few weeks ago and let it do a slow delivery so I had forgotten. It was just packaged up in a Mario Kart 7 "Pre-installed" box and I got excited I was getting a game I didn't expect.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Agrias120 posted:

The glacial load times of the DLC menus is probably the worst part. If they loaded quicker it would be fine, but somehow they take longer than game levels to load and it turns the entire process into a huge undertaking.

Thank god for the New 3DS having faster load times and online speeds. It's still pretty bad due to not having the option to buy multiple songs at once, but it's not as mindnumbingly awful as before, you can actually buy up to three songs a minute!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

Awesome. Wasn't questioning its validity or anything, just curious as to where this info comes from in the first place!

NOE puts it on their PR, I just stopped listing it because I figured all the Theatrhythm people knew what was coming already... which was generally true until they restarted the DLC program out of nowhere.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Uhhh, finally got my smash bros soundtrack in the mail for buying the WiiU and 3DS versions.

Its pretty cool, but all the tracklists encoded on the disc are in german. :911:

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Uhhh, finally got my smash bros soundtrack in the mail for buying the WiiU and 3DS versions.

Its pretty cool, but all the tracklists encoded on the disc are in german. :911:

Same thing happened with mine, though the second disc didn't have any track listings encoded at all, just track 1, track 2, etc.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Medium Cool posted:

Same thing happened with mine, though the second disc didn't have any track listings encoded at all, just track 1, track 2, etc.

Nice, Nintendo. :effort:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
George Bush Nintendo of America doesn't care about black people Americans.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Download the english metadata in iTunes then?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

My soundtrack loaded in iTunes with the proper English and stuff right away :confused:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I got English tracklists from cddb or whatever

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

KennyMan666 posted:

Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion (BMS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

No joke the best song on the smash bros soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwKvxrlJB-M

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I manually entered all the track names when ripping my Smash CD. Even if I could find the proper track data in English, I'm super spergy about getting the formatting right according to the booklet. (Only capping the's and a's in song titles if the same is true in the official insert.) I just ignored entering data about specific artists and composers for each track, because that's definitely a new mess to untangle if I want to get it right.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

No joke the best song on the smash bros soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwKvxrlJB-M

loving hands down. Not even a contest.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

How the hell are some of you getting perfectly fine CDs with proper track listings, then some are getting them in German, and then some are getting no track listings at all? They're all the same CDs, right?

Full disclosure, I don't know how it works because I only bought Smash for my Wii U and not for my 3DS so I couldn't participate in that CN giveaway. Were the CDs shipped from different places or something?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Lobster posted:

How the hell are some of you getting perfectly fine CDs with proper track listings, then some are getting them in German, and then some are getting no track listings at all? They're all the same CDs, right?

Full disclosure, I don't know how it works because I only bought Smash for my Wii U and not for my 3DS so I couldn't participate in that CN giveaway. Were the CDs shipped from different places or something?

I think the German ones are coming from Nintendo of Europe, which I believe is located in Germany.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Its a two disc set. The first disc is german, the second disc is blank.

Some people have fancy itunes which automatically looks up internet databases for tracklistings based on song lengths, etc. Those come out proper because it isn't using any disc data for the song titles.

:eng101: Everybody got the same discs.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think the German ones are coming from Nintendo of Europe, which I believe is located in Germany.

Nope, Nintendo of USA sent out a 2 disc set with 1 encoded in German, the other with no track encoding at all. Its not a huuuuuuge problem but its kinda lame considering this is a kinda rare and fancy album.

Somebody at NoA just forgot to check. :v:

Edit: Nintendo of Europe probably made the discs and just sent them to NoA, yeah.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 17, 2015

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Thank you Zaphod42! What you said makes sense.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I want Theaterhythm so bad. If I get it I fear I'll blow tons of money on tracks, I'll pass out of fear of a crack like addiction.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Don't worry, you'll give up out of frustration after like five tracks.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Watrick posted:

I want Theaterhythm so bad. If I get it I fear I'll blow tons of money on tracks, I'll pass out of fear of a crack like addiction.

At this point I've spent more on DLC than I have on the game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The Machine posted:

That is pretty hosed up, given the cost of the game.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Nintendo is doing a thing with DeNA a big ol mobile company. Is it time to overreact?
Yes

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The Machine posted:

Yyyyyyep, same thing here.

Rehab for CC addiction when

But yeah. Curtain Call is my first or second most played 3DS game, and my second favourite 3DS game (ALBW is first, before you ask). I would be pretty fine with them releasing new songs forever.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Junkie Disease posted:

Nintendo is doing a thing with DeNA a big ol mobile company. Is it time to overreact?
Yes

Apparently this is part of their replacement for Club Nintendo, though no-one knows exactly how its going to work yet. Iwata was talking about it giving discounts on other games so maybe kind of a combination of classic Club Nintendo and the Wii U Digital Deluxe program?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

njsykora posted:

Apparently this is part of their replacement for Club Nintendo, though no-one knows exactly how its going to work yet. Iwata was talking about it giving discounts on other games so maybe kind of a combination of classic Club Nintendo and the Wii U Digital Deluxe program?

It'll probably function the same overall, but work differently along the backend. I imagine codes will be killed off entirely, but I don't know how they'd combat the hypothetical borrowing of games unless games have a unique identifier in them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Junkie Disease posted:

Yes

I'm crying.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
This will be approx. as successful as Playstation Mobile and the Zune

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a two disc set. The first disc is german, the second disc is blank.

Some people have fancy itunes which automatically looks up internet databases for tracklistings based on song lengths, etc. Those come out proper because it isn't using any disc data for the song titles.

:eng101: Everybody got the same discs.

Nope, Nintendo of USA sent out a 2 disc set with 1 encoded in German, the other with no track encoding at all. Its not a huuuuuuge problem but its kinda lame considering this is a kinda rare and fancy album.

Somebody at NoA just forgot to check. :v:

Edit: Nintendo of Europe probably made the discs and just sent them to NoA, yeah.
Jesus, it's nothing to do with where the discs are manufactured or sent from. You're all just using lovely software to look up the track info.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Jesus, it's nothing to do with where the discs are manufactured or sent from. You're all just using lovely software to look up the track info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-Text

Sorry but you're entirely wrong :eng101:

Why would I bother using this CD with my computer when I can just download the album or look it up on youtube? CDs are for places like cars that don't have fancy software or internet connections. And that's why CD-text exists.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 17, 2015

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
It will be Uplay but with Nintendo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I want Nintendo achievements so I can start going for 1ups/power stars/shine sprites/whatever the Nintendo equivalent of platinum trophies would be called

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

No joke the best song on the smash bros soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ZOEHZfhPU

fixed

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Help Im Alive posted:

I want Nintendo achievements so I can start going for 1ups/power stars/shine sprites/whatever the Nintendo equivalent of platinum trophies would be called

Trophiis

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

So they announced it today, but how close do you think they are to actually releasing a mobile game? Did they wait until the last possible moment to make it public (so, one will appear by the end of the month) or do you guys think it will be a while?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Lobster posted:

So they announced it today, but how close do you think they are to actually releasing a mobile game? Did they wait until the last possible moment to make it public (so, one will appear by the end of the month) or do you guys think it will be a while?

What worth do you think my or anyone else here's speculation could contain?

It could be out by the end of the day, it could be vaporware that never releases, or somewhere in between.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Lobster posted:

Neogaf said one japanese reporter that covered the conference said the first games would be out this fall.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Lobster posted:

They already released a mobile game last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Neogaf said one japanese reporter that covered the conference said the first games would be out this fall.

And we'll most likely hear about it during E3.