Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love hearing crowd reactions to things like that so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
drat, I'm not even mad at the spoilers in the trailer; I'm just mad hyped. This show can't come back soon enough.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

I love that the audience reaction was almost exactly the same as my own at that final part.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Krad posted:

Ugh, more Hong Kong flashbacks. They look as dull as ever.

I thought all the flashback clips were stuff we'd seen before?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ville Valo posted:

Green Arrow (among others) is getting a costume redesign in the comics soon... but Green Lantern's looking more like TV Arrow than anything.

Green Arrow starring Jax Teller. "Just trying to keep this Justice League whole, bro."

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Green Arrow starring Jax Teller. "Just trying to keep this Justice League whole, bro."

I'd watch this so hard

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-Dhppltos
HD version

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

:vince:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So hype. Let's hope the last bit of the season redeems the whole thing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Valeyard posted:

I'd watch this so hard

Ron Perlman can even reprise his role as Ollie's stepdad, Deathstroke.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So hype. Let's hope the last bit of the season redeems the whole thing.

Yeah him becoming considered to be a villain by Ray and the police is going to be cool as hell.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Ron Perlman can even reprise his role as Ollie's stepdad, Deathstroke.

You know Ron Perlman turning up in the actual show is something that probably will happen at some point

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I just realized the place Ra's hangs out resembles the temple that holds the Holy Grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade I wonder if that was intentional

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Bad Moon posted:

I just realized the place Ra's hangs out resembles the temple that holds the Holy Grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade I wonder if that was intentional

The exterior shots for that location (in Indiana Jones) are real; it's the facade of Petra, in southern Jordan.

You're probably right that Arrow is referencing that site, at least obliquely.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

zoux posted:

Yeah him becoming considered to be a villain by Ray and the police is going to be cool as hell.

I've been down on this season, but the sizzle reel looks like things are going to come together nicely. It felt like they've just been treading water and we're at least being promised some new major plot points.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

zoux posted:

From the trailer it looks like Ollie or his doppelganger starts killing mooks, so lance's reaction seems to be appropriate. Get hype!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Valeyard posted:

You know Ron Perlman turning up in the actual show is something that probably will happen at some point

I know, and I can only hope it's as Randall Savage.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well...

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/flash-arrow-spinoff-villain-dc-comic-character-1201453825/

Although while that is vague I guess Savage has been used a fair bit in the animated stuff

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
There is a prophecy. The man who doesn't perish at the elbow drop of the Macho Man will become the Macho Man.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Diggle it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am going to be disappointed if the season doesn't end with Ollie saying gently caress it, I'll be Ras.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I am going to be disappointed if the season doesn't end with Ollie saying gently caress it, I'll be Ras.

In the next Flash vs Arrow, they won't just be sparring.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
"but to do that, I can't be the killer I once was... I'll have to be the best killer that ever lived gently caress yeah assassins"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

From the trailer it looks like Ollie or his doppelganger starts killing mooks, so lance's reaction seems to be appropriate. Get hype!

Yeah, something has to majorly change for Lance to get to the "son of a bitch" phase, so you know some heavy poo poo is going to happen

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

By this point I want Oliver to become Ra's Al Ghul just to give me a reason to care about him. He's not likable, he's not sympathetic, he constantly makes horrible decisions that bite him in the rear end yet he never learns from it, he keeps acting like he was superior to everyone else, and now he risked his life entirely because of a petty grudge despite his whole "I won't fail the city" speech to everyone when Brick attacked.

But hey, seems Lance's finally learning who the Arrow is, and is not happy. I'm okay with that.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

zoux posted:

Yeah, something has to majorly change for Lance to get to the "son of a bitch" phase, so you know some heavy poo poo is going to happen

Like Sara dying and Laurel becoming the Black Canary?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Lance must be pretty pissed at Oliver as well, since he was complicit in hiding Sara's death.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Guggenheim says that episode 16 will adress the Lazarus pits

And Heatwave will also be a cast member of the Arrow/Flash spínoff

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Magic and the supernatural, eh? I could get behind that. Bring on Zatanna or something, that would be fun. I've gotta say, I really like the trend these comic shows are setting of having a separate program to run during the midseason break, it's really cool.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Man no spoiler warnings or nothing. Ruthless thread.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

King of Solomon posted:

Magic and the supernatural, eh? I could get behind that. Bring on Zatanna or something, that would be fun. I've gotta say, I really like the trend these comic shows are setting of having a separate program to run during the midseason break, it's really cool.

Guggenheim has said before he wants Vixen, both the character and the show, to represent the magical side of comics in the CW verse (with Flash being science and Arrow being street). It's one of the things that makes me pretty sure she is going to show up in live action as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Street is really drawing the short straw.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I dont know posted:

Guggenheim has said before he wants Vixen, both the character and the show, to represent the magical side of comics in the CW verse (with Flash being science and Arrow being street). It's one of the things that makes me pretty sure she is going to show up in live action as well.

The thing I drew from the quote in the article is that Guggenheim wants to have magic and the supernatural in Arrow proper, not in another spinoff.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

King of Solomon posted:

The thing I drew from the quote in the article is that Guggenheim wants to have magic and the supernatural in Arrow proper, not in another spinoff.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58392

Here is the interview I was thinking of, and the particular quite.

Guggenheim posted:

And Vixen's such a great character. First of all, she represents magic, which is an area that we haven't explored on either of the two shows just yet. One thing we're always saying is, "'Flash' is very different from 'Arrow,' 'Arrow' is very different from 'Flash.'" If "Arrow" is crime and "The Flash" is science, "Vixen" has a big magic component.

My take away was that magic in Arrow will be like superpower. There is limited superpowers on Arrow, even though that is what Flash is all about. They intent to introduce magic into Arrow and establish, "yes it as part of the world", but at the same time it will only have a limited presence from time to time. In contrast, Magic and magical elements will be a much larger focus in Vixen. Though your right in that it sounds like Guggenheim also wants magic and the occult to have a bigger presence in Arrow relative to superpowers.

I think if they want to introduce magic start with acknowledging how bullshit Oliver's cure anything herbs have been.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I dont know posted:

I think if they want to introduce magic start with acknowledging how bullshit Oliver's cure anything herbs have been.

"Hey guys, we know it's bullshit but FATE HAS INTERVENED."

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 17, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I dont know posted:

That's basically how the Trinity is with WW being the magic side even if not to the extent of Constantine, Zatanna or Dr Fate. Arrow being street though means his problems are much more grounded with grittier results.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bad Moon posted:

"Hey guys, we know it's bullshit but FATE HAS INTERVENED."

gently caress fate.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
If Dr. Fate shows up I'll be fine with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
If this season is supposed to be magic and the supernatural, the next one should be aliens. Tie the Supergirl show into the Arrowverse, damnit. :colbert:

• Locked thread