Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Robot Hobo posted:

If anyone is going to die, all hints point to it being the Mayor. He's ancient. One of the hidden clues in the Gravity Falls book says ""THE MAYOR OF GRAVITY FALLS IS NOT LONG FOR THIS WORLD" Last time we saw him, he entered while being literally circled by vultures. His only comment when seeing the Lumberjack Ghost was "Ah, the Grim Reaper, I've been wondering when you would arrive--"

Plus, that would leave an opening for someone else to run for Mayor, which sounds like a pretty good plot thread for the show to follow. Mayor over an insane city filled with monsters, with laws written by a genuine lunatic? poo poo, somehow I expect that Lil' Gideon will get the job, despite all logic.

Not Gideon Gleeful. I don't remember where it was (possibly in the Dipper and Mabel book that Disney put out) but one of the codes said "Bud Gleeful wants to be mayor."

But yeah, I mean the mayor's definitely going to die. There's just been a lot of hints that he might not be the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

CuwiKhons posted:

Not Gideon Gleeful. I don't remember where it was (possibly in the Dipper and Mabel book that Disney put out) but one of the codes said "Bud Gleeful wants to be mayor."
Oh, I forgot about that one, good catch. That book has a code saying says "BUD GLEEFUL WANTS TO RUN FOR MAYOR." If Bud wins, he could probably get Gideon a full pardon, because that's almost certainly how the law works in Gravity Falls. Gideon free and the Gleeful family running the town? Maybe Stan (or someone else) running for Mayor to try to prevent it? Sounds like a reasonably likely plot twist.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 13, 2015

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Speaking of Gideon, I hope we get more of him soon. His voice is amazing.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Macaluso posted:

Speaking of Gideon, I hope we get more of him soon. His voice is amazing.

Seeing the voice actor for him, it's almost unbelievable to hear that voice come out of that man.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2Lxtj9wQA

the only thing that isn't him is the southern accent iirc

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I really love how unpredictable this show is. We've gotten word that a character is going to die, and no one knows if it's going to be a silly gag with the old mayor or a serious dramatic moment with major character Soos. And those are just the popular guesses.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Gideon is Flapjack and I keep imagining him wanting to go on adventures.

Man, I miss Flapjack.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

So I held off from season 2 for a little while to let it get going. God drat they really put it up a gear. I never thought I'd see something like this coming from Disney.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Check the rug. What's got Bill up in arms?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

soos is bill

it is canon

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Macaluso posted:

The following characters will not die: Stan, Dipper, Mabel, Soos, Wendy, Waddles

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Grenda's new Austrian boyfriend will be the one to die.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Thompson will die doing something heroic.

"THOMPSON! THOMPSON! THOMPSON! ...Thompson? THOMPSOOOOON!"

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Bill Cipher will turn over a new leaf, join the side of good, and sacrifice himself to save the world from his evil twin, Dill Cipher.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Command Ant posted:

Bill Cipher will turn over a new leaf, join the side of good, and sacrifice himself to save the world from his evil twin, Dill Cipher.

He leaves Gravity Falls in quite the pickle.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.

Nameless Pete posted:

Thompson will die doing something heroic.

"THOMPSON! THOMPSON! THOMPSON! ...Thompson? THOMPSOOOOON!"

I really hope this happens.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Hey kids next on Disney: Apocalyptic visions on par with any nightmarish anime!

aint gonna lie for a split second I wondered if they had the balls to do it

Congratulations!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

kefkafloyd posted:

Gideon is Flapjack and I keep imagining him wanting to go on adventures.

Man, I miss Flapjack.

Same, I really hope the guy who made Flapjack gets a chance to make another show someday.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Alan Smithee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2Lxtj9wQA

the only thing that isn't him is the southern accent iirc

How........how does someone that looks like that sound like that. This is breaking my brain :psyduck:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

RedneckwithGuns posted:

How........how does someone that looks like that sound like that. This is breaking my brain :psyduck:
He had a tragic helium accident in his childhood.

I really hope that the camera work is kind of deceptive and he's actually like 6'4" just to complete the silliness.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Same, I really hope the guy who made Flapjack gets a chance to make another show someday.

Over the Garden Wall seems to have done well so I think the odds of this are actually pretty good.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Anidav posted:

I've been thinking how ace it would be if the show just ended and cut to black after the main cast wipeout animations.

Like the show just ends with Stan being wrong and killing everyone.

Now I really want people to start editing shows to do things like this and uploading it to torrent sites under the same name as the official eps.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Soos is gonna die and resurrect three days latter.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Megaspel posted:

Now I really want people to start editing shows to do things like this and uploading it to torrent sites under the same name as the official eps.

Also requesting a fan edit where Stan's hot air balloon really does eat that little boy and his mother.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Alan Smithee posted:

soos is bill

it is canon

He teleported in Dreamscrapers with the question mark symbol so there maybe some truth to that? Man he's going to reek havoc when he returns..

Is it true that they asked David Lynch to be the voice of Bill which he turned down or was that just a rumor?

Edit: Nope he actually turned the role down

Alex Hirsch's Twitter posted:

No coincidence! We originally went to David Lynch to voice Bill. When he turned us down, I just did a bad impression of him haha

The Cosby Mysteries fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 15, 2015

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If Waddles dies we riot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

He teleported in Dreamscrapers with the question mark symbol so there maybe some truth to that? Man he's going to reek havoc when he returns..

Is it true that they asked David Lynch to be the voice of Bill which he turned down or was that just a rumor?

didn't know that. sounds more like Dennis Hopper on nitrous really

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

CobiWann posted:

If Waddles dies we riot.

What did the secret agents do with Waddles after they secured him? Is he still in the Shack or is next episode going to be a rescue mission to get him back?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

CobiWann posted:

If Waddles dies we riot.

It's always about Waddles. Nobody cares about Gompers the goat...

... Until we learn that he's the one who dies.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Another bit of info that might support 3 brothers: The symbols. The fez symbol, the 6-fingered hand, and the pair of glasses. All were thought to point to either the Author or Grunkle Stan.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Could the glasses be McGucket's symbol? He used to wear them when he was sane, and no one else who wears them comes to mind.

Command Ant posted:

It's always about Waddles. Nobody cares about Gompers the goat...

I hope the fact that Waddles is more popular doesn't drive a wedge in their marriage.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

What did the secret agents do with Waddles after they secured him? Is he still in the Shack or is next episode going to be a rescue mission to get him back?
The character dying is actually Waddles being made into bacon as agent Trigger's revenge.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

What the heck? David Lynch was willing to do voice acting work for The Cleveland Show, but not Gravity Falls?

I will never understand that guy.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

It's David Lynch. He considers it a personal failure if you can tell what the hell he's thinking.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

What the heck? David Lynch was willing to do voice acting work for The Cleveland Show, but not Gravity Falls?

Its easy.

He didn't want His name associated with a good show.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gravity Fals: "The obvious Twin Peaks references and use of dreamscapes? Are you pandering to me you tryhard?" :smug:

Cleveland Show: "The outdated post-racial humor? The surreal one note side characters whose purpose they serve is unknownable? How does this show exist I must be a part of it!"

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Could the glasses be McGucket's symbol? He used to wear them when he was sane, and no one else who wears them comes to mind.

McGucket's glasses were tiny circles, and the ones on the wheel look like the ones that Stanely was wearing

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

CuwiKhons posted:

But yeah, I mean the mayor's definitely going to die. There's just been a lot of hints that he might not be the only one.

Every single non-main character, at the hands of a Lovecraftian entity. And then the universe gets reset thanks to the efforts of the Mystery Shack crew, such that that entity never existed and as a result the world is a better place, and only Dipper, Mabel, Soos, maybe Wendy, and maybe one or both Stans remember how it was before.
Oh wait no that's been done before. poo poo.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

curiousTerminal posted:

McGucket's glasses were tiny circles, and the ones on the wheel look like the ones that Stanely was wearing

Yeah, those are definitely Stanley's glasses, but nothing on this show is done without a reason, there has to be some reason why the glasses and the hand are seperate. Every significant character gets one symbol on the wheel no more no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sex Robot posted:

Yeah, those are definitely Stanley's glasses, but nothing on this show is done without a reason, there has to be some reason why the glasses and the hand are seperate. Every significant character gets one symbol on the wheel no more no less.

Either McGucket is one of the two, or we haven't been introduced to the character yet (either a complete unknown or the Stans are triplets). I can't imagine what else the symbol could possibly be for.

I'm dying to know why each character is so significant to Bill. I mean most are easy to come to some conclusion, but what possible use would Bill have for Robbie and (assuming the theory is true) Pacifica? I can see Pacifica getting wrapped up in the adventures with Mabel and Dipper now, but Robbie is now completely pacified and out of the way.

• Locked thread