Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Adult Sword Owner posted:

IIRC only if you are movement.

So, if you're playing X-23 then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Did melee pull out ahead?

Jedit posted:

So, if you're playing X-23 then.

I didn't realize Bleed used movement every 2 seconds, my bad :(

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
On suggestion from the group I decided to see what would happen if I took to begging in Social for free goods
Verdict: Pubs get very angry very fast

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cool that they are giving Sue something but I probably don't care enough at this point to complain in the TC forums to make sure they get it right. Especially since they are trying to half rear end it out the door so quick

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Nodoze posted:

Cool that they are giving Sue something but I probably don't care enough at this point to complain in the TC forums to make sure they get it right. Especially since they are trying to half rear end it out the door so quick

Cross your fingers and hope to Gaz that they misplace a zero and give her a massive stupidly huge boost, while rushing to half rear end it.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The only thing that Bucky needs to be perfect is to add the movie hydraulic sound effect to all his arm powers.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Telex posted:

i only use Drax for squishy heroes to be able to solo bosses that otherwise pound my poo poo on a squishy character while leveling.

Throw all the def/tenacity gear on him you get and he can take a pretty decent amount of abuse.

You realize those def/tenacity buffs are for the player character, right? The percentile stuff is the only thing that applies to the team-up. So the only thing you should really care about for keeping those summons alive is having a health regen that is close to 1.0% on the biometrics enhancer.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is there any rhyme or reason to the St. Paddy's buffs? I feel like 3/4 of the time I get MODOK and that's kind of irritating.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

quote:

Frosty Greetings,

We are hosting an Iceman-themed screenshot contest this week!

HOW IT WORKS

Post your Iceman in-game screenshots in the dedicated thread:(https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/181868/iceman-screenshot-contest-submissions?new=1).

Our artists and developers will pick their 5 favorite screenshots.

Those top 5 screenshots will be posted and open for 48 hours for votes from forum readers.

The winner will be announced Monday, March 23rd.

The screenshots can be anything you can conceive and create. You can explore his "Amazing Friends" history, use powers to create something beautiful, leverage the various zones in the game, add captions if you wish, or anything else, as long as it's primarily an in-game screenshot that we could proudly publish on a website or Facebook page.

Each person may submit up to two (2) screenshots for consideration, each with their own post in the dedicated thread.

Deadline for submissions is noon Pacific time on Thursday, March 19th.

PRIZES

5th place:

The next Iceman costume.

4th place:

The next Iceman costume.
Cosmic Penta Boost.

3rd place:

The next Iceman costume to be released.
Cosmic Penta Boost.
Regular costume of your choice.

2nd place:

The next Iceman costume to be released.
Cosmic Penta Boost.
Any regular costume of your choice.
Any Enhanced costume of your choice.

1st place:

Every Iceman costume released for the next 3 years.
FIVE Cosmic Penta Boosts.
Any regular costume of your choice.
Any Enhanced costume of your choice.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So, those artifacts that give +15-20% damage to ranged attacks if you're at point blank range, are they bugged? Is that extra damage calculated in some way that makes those effects useless? I figure there has to be a good reason why nobody ever uses them, even though that seems on paper to be a really strong effect.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I will submit a picture of the flying iceman. B. D. rake even says they look a like.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kainser posted:

every Iceman costume for 3 years

Grats on your four costumes

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

ponzicar posted:

So, those artifacts that give +15-20% damage to ranged attacks if you're at point blank range, are they bugged? Is that extra damage calculated in some way that makes those effects useless? I figure there has to be a good reason why nobody ever uses them, even though that seems on paper to be a really strong effect.

They come out to a max of 800 dr, which is pretty easy to beat, and require a ranged character to be in and stay in melee range, usually not an easy feat when you're not using a melee attack to stick to your target. They don't work with DoTs since those are always considered to be at max range because :gaz:. Because of that it was fun to use 3 of story reward ones that give that bonus at max range on mental Emma (nothing but DoTs) back in the day before better artis were released. And the bonus doesn't always work with every ability you'd think it would work on.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 16, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I didn't realize Bleed used movement every 2 seconds, my bad :(
I dont even use a movement power every 2 seconds on my movement build.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I wonder if that any Enhanced costume includes Symbiote Spidey

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

malhavok posted:

The only thing that Bucky needs to be perfect is to add the movie hydraulic sound effect to all his arm powers.

I feel his melee should be almost as strong as Cap's because he's a freaking super soldier too. And it should play his "screech" theme from the movie whenever you switch to him.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I dont even use a movement power every 2 seconds on my movement build.

I hit Rending Leap at least once every 2 seconds. Is there a different movement build? This is what I'm using

http://marvelheroes.info/builds/gen/x-23/pw:939:940:946:947:948:949:950:952:953:955:956:957:958_pt:20:1:1:20:1:20:20:1:20:1:20:20:20

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Rending Leap's animation is way too long, I can't imagine it's a dps gain to hit it every 2 seconds. I think most max sperg builds 1 pt Twirling to proc signet and hit it as little as possible. You can still get away with Wasp though.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/157465/x-23-mix-build-33s-ttk-friday13-2-update/p1

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I hit Rending Leap at least once every 2 seconds. Is there a different movement build? This is what I'm using

http://marvelheroes.info/builds/gen/x-23/pw:939:940:946:947:948:949:950:952:953:955:956:957:958_pt:20:1:1:20:1:20:20:1:20:1:20:20:20
I max Capoeira over Heart of the Beast and use that as my primary spender - I Leap to get three stacks up and then use it or Twirl to maintain Midtown Signet while I kick people in the face. I always felt like 2 seconds was just a brutally small window if your main attack isn't movement and you're not TTK sperging.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mayostard posted:

I wonder if that any Enhanced costume includes Symbiote Spidey

I've always wondered if this costume does the Shocker interaction properly or not.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Shakenbaker posted:

I've always wondered if this costume does the Shocker interaction properly or not.

It better, that's the voice actor at his finest!!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I am submitting this.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I am submitting this.

Put an animated bulge slider there too

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

I am submitting this.

Congrats on your first place win.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The teamup revamp has now been delayed to the end of April :allears:

e; he said that it should be coming this month literally yesterday

Kainser fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 17, 2015

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kainser posted:

The teamup revamp has now been delayed to the end of April :allears:

e; he said that it should be coming this month literally yesterday

I blame Susan Storm :doom:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Shakenbaker posted:

I blame Susan Storm :doom:
"RIIIICHAAAAAAAARDS' wife :doom:"

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

she should just follow hulk's advice imo

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

I am submitting this.

Wiener wiener cock fruit dinner

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I max Capoeira over Heart of the Beast and use that as my primary spender - I Leap to get three stacks up and then use it or Twirl to maintain Midtown Signet while I kick people in the face. I always felt like 2 seconds was just a brutally small window if your main attack isn't movement and you're not TTK sperging.

Is this still viable as a leveling build? Would you mind posting your endgame build? I just got her and was kind of underwhelmed, felt like I was doing something wrong.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Mayostard posted:

Is Venom better melee or ranged?

They are close enough damage wise that either one is fine. Follow your heart.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
I support Ortolan's initiative to say 'X for total recall' for 3 chest juggs.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Did they give all teh starter heroes to people or did I just forget I bought them last time I played?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ramadu posted:

Did they give all teh starter heroes to people or did I just forget I bought them last time I played?

iirc you can play all the starter heroes to level 20 for free.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

RatHat posted:

Oh that must be what this uncap button does! Also one of you nerds get online and invite me to the supergroup, none of the like 15 people in the op have been on all day :argh:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

RatHat posted:

Thought it was 10? Did they up it?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
It's level 10.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Been Prestiging Thing and man I kind of miss Story Mode. Just playing in a new area now and then is such a breath of fresh air from Midtown/ICP/Terminals again and again and again. I would literally pay money for a game mode where you could get Red Terminal XP just from playing Storymode, because I would do that all day.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Strange Matter posted:

Been Prestiging Thing and man I kind of miss Story Mode. Just playing in a new area now and then is such a breath of fresh air from Midtown/ICP/Terminals again and again and again. I would literally pay money for a game mode where you could get Red Terminal XP just from playing Storymode, because I would do that all day.

I really wish they would normalize the legendary xp, rerolling constantly to get a terminal lq is stupid, and normalizing it would provide a lot more variety while leveling/grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Anybody pulled the high SWGN for SWGN++ trade recently? I have a 615 DR/426 CR SWGN and I want to unload it for a low roll and some other junk, just don't know exactly how much other junk to try to pick up.

• Locked thread