Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

LightWarden posted:

New expansion mechanic shown in the video: resurrection now teleports the hero home safely, so they don't get mobbed again.

Also, if the next map is Urban Renewal, then I am excited because that is also my favorite map and extremely cathartic to play.

Actually, that's just how the Agrelan res works. Unlike Krypta's.

Also, does the Masoleum spawn undead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Oh hey, ratapults are finally here, always liked them*

*hated them

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Veloxyll posted:

Also, does the Masoleum spawn undead?

Only if it gets blown up. How it works hasn't really been explained so far in the videos, so I expect they'll do that when it gets used.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If a Mausoleum gets wrecked, are the undead more powerful than what comes from a graveyard then?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Because the sewer system got broken, the only way to fix it is by destroying it.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Because the sewer system got broken, the only way to fix it is by destroying it.

It's like fixing a sinkhole by causing a cave-in. It creates a bigger but more finalized problem.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Urban Renewal (TheLastRoboKy): Youtube Polsy

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 9, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Note: I've been slacking like crazy on the voice clips because the cool collectible cards I've been using have been 404'ing on cyberlore's website for forever now, and repeated emails the the webmaster have fallen on predictably deaf ears. However, I finally remembered that the wayback machine is a thing that exists and they appear to have some copies. So I'm going to be going back over the next few days and attempting to get caught up on the bonus material.

This does remind me, however,

Nice piece of fish, do you still have your native materials for this stuff around? If so, can I get you to post a 722x955 version, in sync with the other cards? I would like to use Rockpounder's for the dwarf voice for obvious reasons. Either way, I owe you a code for the game for what you already did here, so either email me and Roboky at timewarriorslps at gmail or PM me, whichever makes you more comfortable.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
I am so glad this mission was done that way, what a glorious mess. Along with that briefing, I can definitely understand why this one would be fun to play just for the hell of it!

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Wow, that was stupidly chaotic. Considering how much the RNG can screw you, I'm not surprised that drawing ire at the wrong time would just torpedo any attempt to get this mission done.

What still makes me laugh is how the advisor is chilling around with the Great Mages whenever I play Warlock - Master of the Arcane. Dude is immortal.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Coolguye posted:

Note: I've been slacking like crazy on the voice clips because the cool collectible cards I've been using have been 404'ing on cyberlore's website for forever now, and repeated emails the the webmaster have fallen on predictably deaf ears. However, I finally remembered that the wayback machine is a thing that exists and they appear to have some copies. So I'm going to be going back over the next few days and attempting to get caught up on the bonus material.

This does remind me, however,

Nice piece of fish, do you still have your native materials for this stuff around? If so, can I get you to post a 722x955 version, in sync with the other cards? I would like to use Rockpounder's for the dwarf voice for obvious reasons. Either way, I owe you a code for the game for what you already did here, so either email me and Roboky at timewarriorslps at gmail or PM me, whichever makes you more comfortable.

I dearly wish I could help, but that image comes from google image search and is really lovely to boot. My source image has the same resolution (that is literally the biggest and best I could find), which it's why it is such a lovely 'shop - and even then I fiddled about with it for ages. I wish I could be of more assistance, because this LP is loving awesome and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Also, you don't owe me a goddamn thing, making this LP is more than enough to keep me grateful. Besides, I already have the all the Majesty everythings. If you're still going to insist though, I'd love for the first person to post - that doesn't have the game - to get one, so I'd donate it towards that if I can. Everyone should get a change to experience the utter frustration and panic this game can bring.

LokAmir
Oct 9, 2012
I don't know if it's just me but I sometimes find it hard, mostly at the start and at the end, to hear what you are saying becouse the game is to loud.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Yeah, the music is a bit too loud.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I'll ask that folks watch that a bit more going forward.

Nice piece of fish posted:

I dearly wish I could help, but that image comes from google image search and is really lovely to boot. My source image has the same resolution (that is literally the biggest and best I could find), which it's why it is such a lovely 'shop - and even then I fiddled about with it for ages. I wish I could be of more assistance, because this LP is loving awesome and I'm enjoying it a lot.
No worries - I'll use the Cyberlore one for the fronting and link your guy in the video description.

For those following along, there IS a download for the .PSD template for the trading cards if that's something someone would be interested in. https://web.archive.org/web/20120321175700/http://www.cyberlore.com/Majesty/downloads/wizcard.zip

That said, I have no image editing chops really at all, so I dunno how useful this is.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Coolguye posted:

I'll ask that folks watch that a bit more going forward.

No worries - I'll use the Cyberlore one for the fronting and link your guy in the video description.

For those following along, there IS a download for the .PSD template for the trading cards if that's something someone would be interested in. https://web.archive.org/web/20120321175700/http://www.cyberlore.com/Majesty/downloads/wizcard.zip

That said, I have no image editing chops really at all, so I dunno how useful this is.

Actually, that link has high-rez images for every hero and then some - I can toss them up here for convenience if people want to have some image editing fun. Also, maybe make a better Rockpounder template :blush:

E: I'll try to make a big-size Rockpounder, actually. He deserves as much. I'll try and get it as similar as possible.

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 8, 2015

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Oh wow, I didn't even know that setting an attack flag is what triggered the red player to start attacking. I always kind of just assumed that it happened by itself at some point. I think I've only had to restart that mission once, so I didn't really have time to figure out the mechanics of it.

What I can say is that if you start trying to take out the trash really early, it becomes even more of a clusterfuck, because you don't have the manpower to kill everything, much less destroy everything. So you're forced to pretty much just slowly chip away at whatever building is closest while hoping your heroes won't try to follow a rogue to the other side of town instead. I've found that guard towers were pretty effective at locking down your territory in this mission, though. When fully upgraded, they can sort of keep away all the cowardly elves and rogues. Kinda. Maybe...

Oh, and that message about the rebellious peasants that was laughed at in the video can be sort of dangerous actually. I'm pretty sure I recall seeing a bunch of enemy peasants getting spawned and attacking my buildings. And basically just de-construct them.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
By Warlock - Master of the Arcane, the male elves somehow... misplaced... their females. Or the other way around, I can't remember. :eng101:

So it's entirely possible that all Majesty 1 elves are male, while all Majesty 2 elves are female.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Coolguye posted:

Urban Renewal (TheLastRoboKy): Yotube Polsy

Yotube is a new thing? I'm interested. :v:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I have not seen so much red on a map since Sim Ant.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
As I said earlier, this is my favorite mission in the game because you just set up and then steamroll over your enemies. While upgrading gear will let your enemies get dangerous, you can build a Fairgrounds and then set it to a melee-only tournament so your paladins, adepts and monks can level to ridiculous heights, gaining huge dodge ratings in the process and ensuring that nothing will stop them from rolling over anything in their path. Plus when you've got adepts it means you've got Winged Feet, so your paladins can chase down anything. Any attack flag will set things off though, even if you don't put any money into it- I've occasionally misclicked my way into kicking the hornet's nest.

As to the shapeshifting potions, they basically turn your hero into one of three different monsters when consumed: Melee heroes turn into minotaurs, Ranged heroes turn into dryads, and Casters turn into medusa(s? e?). It provides a boost to their attack stat so they do more damage, plus it just looks funny.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Torrannor posted:

By Warlock - Master of the Arcane, the male elves somehow... misplaced... their females. Or the other way around, I can't remember. :eng101:

So it's entirely possible that all Majesty 1 elves are male, while all Majesty 2 elves are female.

Canonically, I believe that all of the Majesty 1 elves were male, and all of the Majesty 2 elves were female, because they had a deal where each gender would trade off when they would hang around in Ardania. Unfortunately, after Majesty 2 the female elves disappeared, possibly because they enjoyed themselves too much, or possibly because they didn't want to deal with the male elves new religion, which involved turning them into more xenophobic maniacs than they already were.

Not that this helped the mental balance of the male elves...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the gender of all ardanian elves is elf

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

like on their tax forms it's like

Name: ELLWYN THE DEBAUCHED

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Coolguye posted:

like on their tax forms it's like

Name: ELLWYN THE DEBAUCHED

Still love that name.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I'd like to see the tax form for a Warrior of Discord. Or a wizard. Poor tax collectors must be drinking themselves to sleep every night trying to figure those out.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

YeOldeButchere posted:

I'd like to see the tax form for a Warrior of Discord.

It would likely be nailed to the castle walls by an axe. Along with the tax collector.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I can't rewatch it since I'm at work right now, but if we're talking elf names, I'm pretty sure I saw one named something like Ticklelaugh get slaughtered in the last video.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 9, 2015

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
The easy way to finish this mission is Guardhouses. Elves and Rogues are horribly scared of arrows, so with a perimeter of guardhouses those 2 races are no longer a threat. If the goblins managed to tear down one though, then there's a flood of ever-growing angry elves and rogues pouring in.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Well that explains why I couldn't beat this mission last time I tried. I didn't realize they were allied at the start, so I assumed I had to start thinning their numbers right away. So the first thing I'd do was place reward flags on enemy buildings so the red rogues would attack their own stuff. And of course I'd be completely overwhelmed before I got my town up and running no matter what else I did.

Great mission. It looks a lot more fun when you know what to do.

By the way, do you know when you'll show the extra mission (Wrath of Krolm)?

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It would likely be nailed to the castle walls by an axe. Along with the tax collector.

Nah, I figure it's just that their tax forms are filled out by the collectors.
Like, they wait until the warriors are gone, then wander in and take some stuff out of the piles of gold, deciding it's a nice compromise between keeping their jobs and keeping their lives.

Orv
May 4, 2011

NotInventedHere posted:

By the way, do you know when you'll show the extra mission (Wrath of Krolm)?

The way we've got it set up right now it'll be the last or one of the last.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yeah, it'll be near the end. It should be prior to the final two, but it'll be near the end.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

YeOldeButchere posted:

I'd like to see the tax form for a Warrior of Discord. Or a wizard. Poor tax collectors must be drinking themselves to sleep every night trying to figure those out.
KROLM PAY TAXES IN BLOOD :black101:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Shei-kun posted:

KROLM PAY TAXES IN BLOOD :black101:

They bring a pint from each monster they kill on tax day, it's marked down as community service.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Alright, here:

As well as I can do, knowing very little about image editing.

E: Cleaned it up a bit.

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 11, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

You are a champ, dude. I am gonna compile a bunch of this stuff tonight.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Clash of the Empires (TheLastRoboKy): Brotube Brolsy

More stuff soon, I am ultra sick right now (which is why this is a lot later than I would've liked).

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
An interesting mission, but oh god gently caress the next one. Orv, if I knew where you lived, I'd be mailing you some of my vodka. You're a brave and foolish man for going through that level.

I think it's my least favorite northern expansion mission.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

OK, you lot, I was gonna be a little more crafty about this, but it's out there now (he posted about it on Episode 1 of our LP, and also the Steam Community forum), so I might as well post it.

Part of the reason we've been so quiet is because I've been talking to George Ladoux - AKA, Lord Venn Fairweather, the Royal Advisor. Turns out he is one of the chillest dudes in existence, and he's interested in commentating the home stretch of episodes with us. He's also going to fill in a particular gap that fans of this game might be aware of, that never got filled in the game itself. I'm sure someone will guess what I mean, but I'll let you speculate a bit for the fun.

The next few episodes are going to come fairly rapid fire - one every couple of days - so we can get the backlog that we built up during the quiet period and get to the episodes where we'll be on with the guy we've been saying is the heart of this game as soon as possible.

I hope this pumps you guys up because I am loving stoked about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Coolguye posted:

I hope this pumps you guys up because I am loving stoked about this.
Hell yeah, it does!
He's been already a great sport in a few Battletech-related LPs, so I'm looking forward to what he has to say here.

• Locked thread