Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

:zaeed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

:aaa:

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

Luigi Thirty posted:

some might call this an rear end defect

better send in miranda

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Deacon of Delicious posted:

better send in miranda

jesus finally

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

haha wow

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

lmao

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

heyooo

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

Luigi Thirty posted:

jesus finally

:tipshat:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

close thread

roybot9000
Aug 27, 2003

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

:vince:

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

im gay

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
close htread

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

uh oh, someone made a post that somehow found its way to the top of the shitpile and it caught a hint of light

everyone fellate it quick, before it escapes

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

:drat:

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

noice

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
real talk though microsoft should have put the blue titty lady on the phone in a loving business suit

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

:wow:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ahmeni posted:

real talk though microsoft should have put the blue titty lady on the phone in a loving business suit

with toes

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

:confused: I dont get i- :vince:

close thrad

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
confirmed, windows 10 will have two browsers.

quote:

Microsoft's marketing chief Chris Capossela revealed that the company is currently working on a new name and brand. "We’re now researching what the new brand, or the new name, for our browser should be in Windows 10," said Capossela. "We’ll continue to have Internet Explorer, but we’ll also have a new browser called Project Spartan, which is codenamed Project Spartan. We have to name the thing."

Internet Explorer will still exist in some versions of Windows 10 mainly for enterprise compatibility, but the new Project Spartan will be named separately and will be the primary way for Windows 10 users to access the web. Microsoft has tried, unsuccessfully, to shake off the negative image of Internet Explorer over the past several years with a series of amusing campaigns mocking Internet Explorer 6. The ads didn't improve the situation, and Microsoft's former Internet Explorer chief left the company in December, signalling a new era for the browser.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I hope you web janitors enjoy having another incompatible rendering engine to test against

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

The Management posted:

I hope you web janitors enjoy having another incompatible rendering engine to test against

If IE rendering is embedded in to spartan for sites I assign to run in enterprise mode then I don't care. seems like the sanest way to approach it and isn't disruptive to the configs already in place

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

MS will probably gently caress it up and force users to run two separate browsers depending on the content they are hitting

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Management posted:

confirmed, windows 10 will have two browsers.

they're going to call it sparatan because they have no imaginations or branding sense.

either that or "windows webview" or maybe "webdows" or how about "Internet Investigator"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the concept is good - break out all the backwards compatibility poo poo only enterprise uses into a separate browser so you don't have to saddle the consumer with five different compatibility layers and an array of fuckup features designed solely to make your browser behave like one from ten years ago. then they can break compatibility with everything ie-related since the new browser isn't "ie"

theyre gonna gently caress it up though. some jackass manager is going to demand they put a bunch of compatibility stuff I'm spartan too "just in case" and it's all downhill from there

pram
Jun 10, 2001
uhh it's just going to be trident with a dumb metro skin (doesn't this already exist)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I think the real question is whether or not Microsoft will still make using IE on the Xbox something you have to pay for.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pram posted:

uhh it's just going to be trident with a dumb metro skin (doesn't this already exist)
yeah i'm pretty sure metro ie exists already

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I thought Spartan was more the garbage web collaboration social crap they're tacking onto it

e: it's the same engine as IE11. ie11 also includes trident for compatibility mode

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

shaggar is gay??

rude

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

spartan vs rockmelt in a lovely dead end badly named browser faceoff to the death

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

I thought Spartan was more the garbage web collaboration social crap they're tacking onto it

e: it's the same engine as IE11. ie11 also includes trident for compatibility mode

the new engine is still trident

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Shaggar posted:

the new engine is still trident

uh Microsoft says it is EdgeHTML, a loving tribute to Trident

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its still trident, it just doesn't have quirks mode or compat support.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Shaggar posted:

its still trident, it just doesn't have quirks mode or compat support.

but if it switches to trident for quirks mode or compat support what have they really done

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

anthonypants posted:

yeah i'm pretty sure metro ie exists already

so windows ecks will have 3 browsers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

so windows ecks will have 3 browsers?