Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Haerc posted:

Is this still viable as a leveling build? Would you mind posting your endgame build? I just got her and was kind of underwhelmed, felt like I was doing something wrong.
It still viable, but they've flattened the wrath generation since then so it's your choice as to what basic you take. Cleaving Claws does less paper damage, but it gives you access to bleed-based bonuses before Rending Leap at 32, and Lethal Claws doesn't pull ahead until you get your first movement power at 18.

My current endgame build is very close. I'm kind of stuck because I really want to build around a Capoeira spender but I also like having the bleed on Rending Leap for clearing trash - if it weren't for RL I'd swap my stance and cooldowns all over to bleeds.

She's kind of a cut-rate Wolverine without Rending Leap, so if you're not at that level yet or haven't taken it I can imagine why you're underwhelmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008

Haerc posted:

Is this still viable as a leveling build? Would you mind posting your endgame build? I just got her and was kind of underwhelmed, felt like I was doing something wrong.

Ghostlight posted:

She's kind of a cut-rate Wolverine without Rending Leap, so if you're not at that level yet or haven't taken it I can imagine why you're underwhelmed.

This was my experience too. Once I got rending leap her gameplay became so much more fluid.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Unstable Molecules stack up to 99 on TC now. :siren:

Gambit talk: which is overall more fun/smoother to play, melee or ranged? I couldn't care less about raids, if it makes a difference. Power Cosmic/Doop runeword can be procured, which I imagine would probably push his melee build ahead?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

MMAgCh posted:

finally

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MMAgCh posted:

Yay, four more slots in my stash tab back

I took Gambit to red 60 awhile ago and I liked melee a lot better. Something like this: http://marvelheroes.info/builds/gen...0:18:1:1:1:1:20 Will give you a ton of AoE (in Holo-Sim, throw out a few sweepers and Grand Slam as needed and nothing ever gets near you), a decent amount of movement (if you hit Good Times Roll while you're midair in Bo Vault, you land into a roll seamlessly), Ragin' into 52 Pickup is an absolute boss-melter even with melee or phys levelling gear.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

MMAgCh posted:

Noice.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
It blows my mind that there even was an unstable cap - I certainly never reached it

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yay, four more slots in my stash tab back

I only reroll some boss artifacts and boss uniques and I only have 1 stack and some change. Like I don't reroll goks or toms or mag shirts just easy poo poo like zola or expensive poo poo like lizard / swgn. you have a ton or I am to picky in the my rolls.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Ajax posted:

It blows my mind that there even was an unstable cap - I certainly never reached it

Seriously. With rerolling artifacts and raid uniques, unstables are pretty much the only thing besides heroes I spend my splinters on because I'm always starved for them.

Not to mention grinding costumes eats 3 of em.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 17, 2015

trem
Sep 17, 2009

MMAgCh posted:

Gambit talk: which is overall more fun/smoother to play, melee or ranged? I couldn't care less about raids, if it makes a difference. Power Cosmic/Doop runeword can be procured, which I imagine would probably push his melee build ahead?

I use power cosmic/doop on ranged gumbo too, since bo vault triggers the phys part of it. Bo vault in, drop house of cards and then roll out, and try to stay close enough that house of cards will hit when you use it again. Repeat the bo vault every 10 seconds to keep the power cosmic boost running.

As for smoothness/fun to play, I like them both about the same and usually switch between them every few days. The way I run it, the only difference between the two builds is maxing Bo Beatdown or Dead Man's Hand.

The only gear I change are his slots 1 and 5: staff/inficio for melee, jennings/lucky deck for ranged. You could use the inficio for ranged if you want the cdr and bdr over the attack speed and points to the ranged tree. Artifacts stay the same (GoK, Zigg, ESP, Adv Meta) but I'd probably use a lizard's formula instead of the meta if I had one.

Melee/hybrid feels a little more tanky, but ranged does more damage because I have DMH and 52pu capped. I also haven't redone omegas for ranged, because I use street sweep often enough to proc any 'on melee hit' things and I swap between them often enough that I don't feel like wasting retcons.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Ajax posted:

I did.

Then I crafted a few twi frags.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Leper Residue posted:

Seriously. With rerolling artifacts and raid uniques, unstables are pretty much the only thing besides heroes I spend my splinters on because I'm always starved for them.

Not to mention grinding costumes eats 3 of em.

Only two. Three costumes, two Molecules.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Jedit posted:

Only two. Three costumes, two Molecules.

whatever, it still eats em. I have no idea how people could possibly get to 99 of the freaking things.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I get like three or four a week from ICP and I use them for almost nothing because I have very few boss artifacts/uniques. They'll still be taking up two bank slots after this change.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Look at this poor guy, not rerolling his Hulkbuster Psychic Package, SWGN, GOK, Zola, a Circlet, or his fraglite or claws.

Good for you buddy, good for you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/181969/goodbye-the-punishmans-pockets

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Too many people have been told that anyone can do a green raid :( All these drat pubs have zero clue about any of the fights and they keep starting them too early. They don't pick up buffs to hit a twin, they don't swap bosses, they will never kill the first archer but will happily get 20% of his health away with all the prisoners dead. You'll see them in monolith being followed by a fire giant for half the fight and in the wrong sisters arena.

They will never listen to what you say about the fight, they will not say that they are a noob and need guidance. They will most likely not even know how to open the party chat.

And don't ever inspect them if you want to maintain your sanity.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What's this pertain to?

New item dropping on Tc with no stats. Would this item be something a certain character may have a link to?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

What's this pertain to?

New item dropping on Tc with no stats. Would this item be something a certain character may have a link to?

wesley snipes?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Hannibal King is a Blade character.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ghostlight posted:

Hannibal King is a Blade character.

Who is played by Ryan Reynolds in a movie, who also is deadpool. So this is a deadpool slot1

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Prel posted:

Anybody pulled the high SWGN for SWGN++ trade recently? I have a 615 DR/426 CR SWGN and I want to unload it for a low roll and some other junk, just don't know exactly how much other junk to try to pick up.

this is what i got for my perf one

the swgn he traded me had 617 dr so it was only 3 worse

lamo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Green Lantern confirmed as surprise hero.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That design is his gun from the movie almost exactly

The only comic appearances I can find of it are in a comic packaged with Blade Trinity's DVD release

Kind of an interesting thing to pull from, but Spidey's got a webshooter based on the ASM2 movie ones too so I guess those are free reign.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mmmm surprise blade release!????!?

I smell Silver Surfer all over again. Halloween may have come early.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

also it is now mandatory for all Groot Force members to follow the official Tippy Toe twitter account

https://twitter.com/yoitstippytoe

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I tell us what, if you can throw some nut facts in there ever so often I will definitely follow.

I'm still trying to get learned on nuts.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Eiffel On You posted:

I tell us what, if you can throw some nut facts in there ever so often I will definitely follow.

I'm still trying to get learned on nuts.

man its not my account, this is run by marvel

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'm on the case. Operation: Nut Facts by Marvel

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jusupov posted:

Too many people have been told that anyone can do a green raid :( All these drat pubs have zero clue about any of the fights and they keep starting them too early. They don't pick up buffs to hit a twin, they don't swap bosses, they will never kill the first archer but will happily get 20% of his health away with all the prisoners dead. You'll see them in monolith being followed by a fire giant for half the fight and in the wrong sisters arena.

They will never listen to what you say about the fight, they will not say that they are a noob and need guidance. They will most likely not even know how to open the party chat.

And don't ever inspect them if you want to maintain your sanity.

In particular, pubs don't seem to understand monolith at all. They take the buff and don't go to the pillar; they kite unlit giants around in circles forever. I actually hit enrage in a green Mono pug (we won like 1 seconds into enrage, but still)

Maybe it's just most noticeable in mono because it's easy to see when people are kiting giants in a circle for 6 minutes without lighting them, but still. Greens are still basically impossible to fail but a pub green takes about twice as long as a "let's carry deathplague through a raid" green

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If you always keep in mind the world is getting dumber and idioter by the year, you'll bring your expectations down to realize your victory is actually worth being proud of.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Soothing Vapors posted:

In particular, pubs don't seem to understand monolith at all. They take the buff and don't go to the pillar; they kite unlit giants around in circles forever. I actually hit enrage in a green Mono pug (we won like 1 seconds into enrage, but still)

Counterpoint: I've seen Groot Force dudes burn down giants.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Adult Sword Owner posted:

IT WAS ONE TIME

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The one time in a week that I manage to be online with enough groots who want to raid we have enough dps to do 100% of monos health in the last minute. And these players get him to enrage without fail

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I definitely killed a few giants during my first green. Never again, thankfully.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gibby Did 9/11

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Man, I should reroll my swiggin for a swiggin++, what are the stats to go for that will get max fleecing from a pubbie?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Epic High Five posted:

Man, I should reroll my swiggin for a swiggin++, what are the stats to go for that will get max fleecing from a pubbie?

500 defense

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I will admit, I have no idea what you're supposed to do except go hit the monolith when you have the buff. I have probably attempted to kill the giants. I may or may not have been successful.

I've done two greens and so far nobody's explained anything OR yelled at me for anything (I think) so uh, if someone wants to give the Official Goon Squad Strategy I'd love to not gently caress up any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Telex posted:

I will admit, I have no idea what you're supposed to do except go hit the monolith when you have the buff. I have probably attempted to kill the giants. I may or may not have been successful.

I've done two greens and so far nobody's explained anything OR yelled at me for anything (I think) so uh, if someone wants to give the Official Goon Squad Strategy I'd love to not gently caress up any more.

If a giant becomes your friend, run through some fire. He will get a blue hula hoop. Take him to the monolith and try to blow him up as close to it but as far from you as possible because that's literally the only way to die.

• Locked thread