Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CPL593H posted:

Yes, this is another thing. People are actively fighting against this and countless other laws that would expand the rights of workers.

This is pretty much the consequence of every major growth sector of the American economy being aggressively anti-organized labor in its ideology and unions being continuously strangled in fields where they used to make a difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

Yes, this is another thing. People are actively fighting against this and countless other laws that would expand the rights of workers.

If it makes you feel better, a decent chunk of support for these measures comes from people who want corporations to be able to do whatever they want, up to and including marketing lead based paint as an after school snack to kindergartners, not out of any active hatred of gay people (though there's a number of people for whom that's the reason too).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

America doesn't sound very nice.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's not, but we have great ethnic food.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Skwirl posted:

If it makes you feel better, a decent chunk of support for these measures comes from people who want corporations to be able to do whatever they want, up to and including marketing lead based paint as an after school snack to kindergartners, not out of any active hatred of gay people (though there's a number of people for whom that's the reason too).

No, I know that. And my second post was speaking generally because the condition of employment in this country is pretty loving deplorable regardless of who you are.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If I say "Kill America" will I get fired from America

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

^^^^I know you're joking, but you should be more careful about poo poo like this.

FreudianSlippers posted:

It may not be nice but we have freedoms.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

CPL593H posted:

Jesus Christ.

What are you talking about? Tons of states have Right To Work laws! :v:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

CPL593H posted:

Freedom to die in the gutter. :911:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FreudianSlippers posted:

Having been to your country, it's way nicer.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

What are you talking about? Tons of states have Right To Work laws! :v:

I like how people twist around positive words to mean terrible things. Kind of like all those hate groups that use the word "family" in the name.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Literally The Worst posted:

If I say "Kill America" will I get fired from America

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

wyoming posted:

Freedom to die in the gutter. :911:

Would you rather have Obama take all are guns and make Sharia law happen?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

^^^^I know you're joking, but you should be more careful about poo poo like this.

The other guys were more specific I'm talking about te concept of America, America sucks, fire me from America so I can go to Canada.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The other guys were more specific I'm talking about te concept of America, America sucks, fire me from America so I can go to Canada.

Apply for refugee status.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

Apply for refugee status.

It's like unemployment, I can't do it while i have a job

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Fill your ear holes with some real poo poo tonight instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSHMKizsgg
:rock:

Chappie 2 better take place in American and star Death Grips.

EDIT: Django Unchained would have probably been a lot better if Lennie James starred.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 17, 2015

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

CelticPredator posted:

Schindler's List is a really great movie. But it's a movie that if I start, I have to finish no matter what, or I'm loving destroyed all day. The ending scene where he says "If I just didn't buy so much, I could've saved more people!" is one of my favorite cinematic moments. It's inspiriting, heartbreaking, and just so perfectly preformed.

That Spielberg is a master I tells ya.

It's one of those movies where I always have to go into the bathroom afterwards and just cry for a bit (see also: Wit).

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Friedpundit posted:

I basically turned in this big ol' gently caress You to the school. The teacher gave me an A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's one of those movies where I always have to go into the bathroom afterwards and just cry for a bit (see also: Wit).

First time I saw this was in school. I didn't cry persay, but I did the room leave after it ended to dry my eyes a bit. Hit me pretty hard.

The kids complained that it was in Black and White for the first half of it though. Said it hurt their eyes. Well, good. I hope it did.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Death Grips are the loving best.

I listened to Kendrick's new album twice today and I really like it but find it overall a bit unfocused and rambling, even though the sheer breadth of things it's influenced by is so wide that it's super-interesting and warrants several playthroughs.

It reminds me of a Flying Lotus version of the feeling I got from Cartoons and Cereal, where everything feels dreamlike, as if it's a random collage of memories and inspired feelings which attempts to make concrete concepts of institutionalized racism and the black rights movement through vignettes and songs.

It's much less focused than the last two Kendrick outputs and it reminds me of the Overly Dedicated series while being a juxtaposed simultaneously raw but more concerted effort.

I have to give Dangelo's latest another couple spins to really ingest it, as the influences come from the same place.

At times it feels like a play of Aaron McGruder concepts as played out through Boondocks and Black Jesus.

It's got the same feel where it'll be hard to separate and grade songs on their individual merit like Maad City because was, while it's telling a looser story but everything fits too well together.

I've had a hard time making playlists with songs from Maad City because it doesn't work as well out of the context of the rest of the album and To Pimp A Butterfly feels the same way.

Jigoku fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 17, 2015

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

The problem isn't the place, it's great to move to another place and startover, blank slate and all that poo poo, but don't mistake the problem originator being the place you're in right now.

GonSmithe posted:

Jesus Christ I just checked this again after making that post on the train, both of you stop or you're going to be my first probations.
narc

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Wait, it's been several days and there still hasn't been a probation under the new management? This isn't the dystopian future I was promised.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CelticPredator posted:

Schindler's List is a really great movie. But it's a movie that if I start, I have to finish no matter what, or I'm loving destroyed all day. The ending scene where he says "If I just didn't buy so much, I could've saved more people!" is one of my favorite cinematic moments. It's inspiriting, heartbreaking, and just so perfectly preformed.

I prefer Señor Spielbergo, his cheaper non-unionised Mexican equivalent.

And yes! When is the reign of terror beginning? Or are you letting a thousand flowers bloom first?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 200 days!
Stage one of the mod life cycle is typically benevolent neglect. They don't break until much later.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I just commited a felony on my new workplace's bathroom.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Honest Thief posted:

I just commited a felony on my new workplace's bathroom.

On or in?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've spent the last te hours cycling between rational, furious, and borderline suicidal. I hate my life. Everything I touch turns to poo poo.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

CelticPredator posted:

Just thinking about that scene gets to me. It's such a small little change-up to the common movie theme "there's more to life than money," but now it's all about how human lives were worth actual money. It's so good.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

difficult to tell

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I've spent the last te hours cycling between rational, furious, and borderline suicidal. I hate my life. Everything I touch turns to poo poo.

Cause you lost a lovely corporate job? They exist in droves, go find another lovely one until you find something you don't hate every day.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Commit a felony on your old workplace's bathroom.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Grendels Dad posted:

and/or in

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Commit a felony above your old company's bathroom.

edit: like in the tiles of the drop-ceiling.

edit2: not a loving camera, just take a dump up there

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I like how people twist around positive words to mean terrible things. Kind of like all those hate groups that use the word "family" in the name.

I've always chuckled at the "Patriot Act". It's about as unpatriotic as it gets.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

MacheteZombie posted:

I've always chuckled at the "Patriot Act". It's about as unpatriotic as it gets.

I believe the term is Doublespeak.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Been there. It sucks. You're all right and you'll be all right, though. Promise.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grendels Dad posted:

If I still had my badge I totally would

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

One time I got fired for losing my poo poo after a guy who threatened to rape my sister showed up at the convenience store I was working at. I guess it's similar to threatening to murder someone to your boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lurdiak posted:

One time I got fired for losing my poo poo after a guy who threatened to rape my sister showed up at the convenience store I was working at. I guess it's similar to threatening to murder someone to your boss?
:stare: Well in your case you were defending your people from some deranged motherfucker, so it's not exactly the same.

• Locked thread