Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
uber's cfo just got fired to spend more time with his family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

the money a big brand spends on all social media combined is probably less than making a single TV ad so they're going to keep doing it

my favorite/unfavorite thing on twitter is when they search for people talking about them and just bust in on the conversation

i love when it's:

person: "headed back to arby's"

arbys: "great! have fun! we have teh meats!"

person: "headed back to arby's to go stomp a snitch"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

brand Twitter stole bae from weird Twitter which they stole from black Twitter

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Beast of Bourbon posted:

looking forward to the Pando story once there is one, right now they just have a link to the WSJ

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the cfo leaving unexpectedly is like the Number One Sign A Company Is hosed

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

qirex posted:

the money a big brand spends on all social media combined is probably less than making a single TV ad so they're going to keep doing it

my favorite/unfavorite thing on twitter is when they search for people talking about them and just bust in on the conversation

it can get surprisingly expensive surprisingly fast. for a company to actually have a handle on their social media presence they need somebody full-time at least, and then there's the support staff (copy, art, legal, branding, etc)

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

duTrieux. posted:

it can get surprisingly expensive surprisingly fast. for a company to actually have a handle on their social media presence they need somebody full-time at least, and then there's the support staff (copy, art, legal, branding, etc)

i actually do this stuff for a living and depending on your definition of "spends on social media" it can either be way cheaper or way more expensive.

if you just mean having some 'social media guru' spam people on twitter, sure that's cheap. the art stuff is probably sourced internally and the guru just puts it together, MAYBE gets it approved first and then sends it out.

if you're buying promoted twitter trends, and tying it in with your nationwide billboard advertising and having celebrities guest-tweet for you, then it can be way more expensive.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
airlines should charge people who need two seats for two seats not because airlines are any good (because they are not) but because of the a bloo bloo tears

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i hope it's because he knows that uber is going to get hosed in the class action drivers suit

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

rjmccall posted:

on our flight home after christmas, we had to scramble in a panic to find new seats and nearly had to get off the plane because my super-allergic wife was suddenly surrounded by two terrified dogs and a cat. she was reacting for days afterwards because being trapped fifteen feet away in a tin can with recirculating air for six hours is just mitigation at best

but hey, if an institution will let you get away with it, that pretty much signals the end of your responsibility to other humans
gently caress people abusing certain privileges/etc whatever but

http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/cabinair/facts.page

tldr; it's not recirculated air

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lol you got hosed

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i actually do this stuff for a living and depending on your definition of "spends on social media" it can either be way cheaper or way more expensive.

if you just mean having some 'social media guru' spam people on twitter, sure that's cheap. the art stuff is probably sourced internally and the guru just puts it together, MAYBE gets it approved first and then sends it out.

if you're buying promoted twitter trends, and tying it in with your nationwide billboard advertising and having celebrities guest-tweet for you, then it can be way more expensive.

at my last job I was handed the twitter password, then promptly told to get approval for anything I wanted to tweet. getting approval required submitting, in writing, what I wanted to tweet what it meant, the implications to my employer and how this aligned with our communication strategy. this was done in a standardized format, took about a page and a half, approval was usually issued the next day if I requested it after 11 am.

I tweeted one thing in two years working there

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

lol you got hosed

yup.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

vodkat posted:

tbf people saying sir outside of teachers/british empire is weird as gently caress.

I remember being in Korea and a huge army dude and his family stoping me and asking for directions. I knew where to send him but every sentence was finished with Yes Sir. Thank you Sir. So left after the lights Sir? and it weirded me the gently caress out because I was some slightly drunk scrawny british kid and he was this obviously high ranking mid thirties military guy stood next to his wife and kids and he was still talking to me like this, as if it was programmed into him and now he couldn't speak in any other way.

I had the opposite problem when I was in the service. I was afraid of saying sir too much so just never said it. and the Sir people would always be like "got a problem with calling me sir, son?" and is be like "no no it's just I'm afraid of saying it too much. " and they'd be like "that's 'Im afraid of saying it too much' SIR"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

FMguru posted:

brands saying bae is a good twitter

https://twitter.com/brandssayingbae

https://twitter.com/BrandsSayingBae/status/576018970299539456

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive been alive for a while now and ive come 2 the determination that money is basically for the lose

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smythe posted:

ive been alive for a while now and ive come 2 the determination that money is basically for the lose

stymthie

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

here's pics of BMW's new driverless car

looks really loving gaudy tbh

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Condiv posted:

thats not a bmw

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

PokeJoe posted:

thats not a bmw

right, mercedes-benz

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

id ride in it, driving is for suckers

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Condiv posted:

it just needs to lose the ricer lights, thing looks like a mid 00s gamer pc case

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
since when has a concept car not been gaudy

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Forums Terrorist posted:

it just needs to lose the ricer lights, thing looks like a mid 00s gamer pc case

lol if your case didn't have ricer lights

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
it looks like an electric razor

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
thanks marv

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzXaAsk8c4g

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Stringent posted:

lol if your case didn't have ricer lights

mine had ricer lights with fake bubbles

the one before that had a giant blinking viper logo on the front

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

wait, why is she freaking out so hard about the bates motel thing? did they give her a free motel room? has she never seen a motel room before? i can't imagine they made it look anything like in the show other than a few interesting knicknacks thrown up in the room...

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

this makes me physically ill

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Condiv posted:

wait, why is she freaking out so hard about the bates motel thing? did they give her a free motel room? has she never seen a motel room before? i can't imagine they made it look anything like in the show other than a few interesting knicknacks thrown up in the room...

it might have been the alcohol they bribed her with

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Condiv posted:

i fuckign love science

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

i fuckign love science

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
i have been to sxsw and i couldn't do most of the 'brand activations' because i had no international sim and data is ludicrously expensive outside the eu for me so they just gave me the free stuff anyway

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Metrication posted:

i have been to sxsw and i couldn't do most of the 'brand activations' because i had no international sim and data is ludicrously expensive outside the eu for me so they just gave me the free stuff anyway

go home foreigner

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I saw this pop up on twitter and I'm not sure if it was talked about here.

new startup Breeze will do weekly leases on cars for uber drivers who don't want or can't buy their own

https://www.joinbreeze.com/what_we_offer

quote:

Breeze empowers job seekers by handing them keys to cars optimized for use in today's on-demand ecosystem. No other financing option adequately addresses the needs of individuals hoping to join the on-demand workforce. We offer our members the most flexible, cost-efficient solutions so that they can start earning income and writing the next chapter of their lives.

Take home one of our fuel-efficient cars and return it anytime with just two weeks' notice.

We currently offer 2015 Toyota Priuses, which achieve up to 51 miles per gallon in the city.

You will be the registered owner of the vehicle, so it’s yours 24 / 7.

Mileage cap of 2,500 miles per month. Each mile you drive above the cap costs only 15¢.

:siren: Pricing: $250 membership fee and $195 weekly fee. :siren:

Build your credit with each weekly payment.

Return the car with 2 weeks' notice. No return fees. No questions asked.

Only $800/mo ($1050 the first month) to lease a Prius for Uber!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FCKGW posted:

I saw this pop up on twitter and I'm not sure if it was talked about here.

new startup Breeze will do weekly leases on cars for uber drivers who don't want or can't buy their own

https://www.joinbreeze.com/what_we_offer

Only $800/mo ($1050 the first month) to lease a Prius for Uber!

jesus

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

good job on asking all those people what "brand activation" is and then not explaining it

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Metrication posted:

this makes me physically ill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i just looked and hertz in the bay area is literally cheaper

• Locked thread