Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I'm a body mod artist, if i want it taken out i'll just take it out, i've plenty of sharp implements and a decade's worth of experience to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Well, better a self inflicted tracker than one forcibly implanted by aliens

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

dpack_1 posted:

I live in London and haven't owned a car in 9 years, but this year I've got my eyes set on a 19 year old Skyline that i'm going to drive solely to tear up country lanes and take over to mainland europe for road trips. It will be fun.

If you've not, check out OPJP on facebook, they import cars and their prices are cheap as hell considering the minters they get in. They can take care of everything for you including any little repairs, MOT, adjusting speedos and adding mods before it gets shipped if you so desire. I'm eyeing up R32s and R34s and they're affordable and it's going to make me do something stupid(ly awesome)

https://www.facebook.com/OPJPN?fref=ts

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

88h88 posted:

If you've not, check out OPJP on facebook, they import cars and their prices are cheap as hell considering the minters they get in. They can take care of everything for you including any little repairs, MOT, adjusting speedos and adding mods before it gets shipped if you so desire. I'm eyeing up R32s and R34s and they're affordable and it's going to make me do something stupid(ly awesome)

You got me interested, so I took a look and lost my breakfast:

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

88h88 posted:

https://www.facebook.com/OPJPN?fref=ts

After driving these things for so long, I'm really not wanting to go back to the US and not be able to import them.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

spog posted:

You got me interested, so I took a look and lost my breakfast:

No accounting for taste is there? Haha.

NovaLion posted:

After driving these things for so long, I'm really not wanting to go back to the US and not be able to import them.

Where are you?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Wont be til late summer that i will be in a position to buy a car but will follow that page as a clean import is exactly what im after. Thanks.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

dpack_1 posted:

The only argument for wanting a manual car should be the same singular argument people should have for wanting a gun.

It's fun.

That's it. None of this 'connected to the car', 'makes me a better driver', 'i enjoy antiquated mechanics cos i'm a hipster' bollocks.

I live in London and haven't owned a car in 9 years, but this year I've got my eyes set on a 19 year old Skyline that i'm going to drive solely to tear up country lanes and take over to mainland europe for road trips. It will be fun.

Recently bought:

RFID syringes as part of my most recent wholesale order for my studio. Gonna join the transhuman revolution and stick one of these in my hand so i can use Tasker on my phone in order to have it automatically unlock if i pick it up with the hand with that chip stuck in. And then gonna look at getting an RFID door lock for my bedroom in my shared house cos i'm a big nerd.

the mark of the beast

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Jumping on the ~wearable tech~ bandwagon.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

overdesigned posted:

Jumping on the ~wearable tech~ bandwagon.

DCRainmaker said the HR on those is spotty, I'd be interested to hear your experience.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dpack_1 posted:

Wont be til late summer that i will be in a position to buy a car but will follow that page as a clean import is exactly what im after. Thanks.

They'll also import anything you like car-wise if you can find it yourself on an auction site in Japan. If you wanted something daft and particular they'll get it for you. A friend wanted a Tokyo taxi roof light and they nabbed one for him. Very helpful bunch of chaps and genuinely love cars.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

dpack_1 posted:

Recently bought:

RFID syringes as part of my most recent wholesale order for my studio. Gonna join the transhuman revolution and stick one of these in my hand so i can use Tasker on my phone in order to have it automatically unlock if i pick it up with the hand with that chip stuck in. And then gonna look at getting an RFID door lock for my bedroom in my shared house cos i'm a big nerd.

This is really really interesting. Other than just magically unlocking things, what other potential uses might you see for it?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

They can be used as a car immobilizer / mobilizer, you can set it up as a password for all your login details on a PC, i'm sure you could 'potentially' use it to clone NFC enabled bank cards but i'm pretty sure there'd be a legal grey area there.

Most people just use them as a kinda gimmicky business card though.

I might just make mine a url link to goatse and / or rickroll (I wont do this because i'm not 14 years old)

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

amenenema posted:

DCRainmaker said the HR on those is spotty, I'd be interested to hear your experience.

I have the Charge HR (one step down), and I'm kinda inclined to agree. I don't really have any emperical evidence to back it up, but it's more that I'll be looking at my heartrate at some point, and just go "...really?"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

dpack_1 posted:

They can be used as a car immobilizer / mobilizer, you can set it up as a password for all your login details on a PC, i'm sure you could 'potentially' use it to clone NFC enabled bank cards but i'm pretty sure there'd be a legal grey area there.

Most people just use them as a kinda gimmicky business card though.

I might just make mine a url link to goatse and / or rickroll (I wont do this because i'm not 14 years old)

poo poo, I'd love to get one hooked up to my bank account, and use it like a tap debit card. Never worry about losing your wallet again! Freak people out!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm 99% certain you could never get it to work as an NFC bank card or anything similar.

For one, those kinds of NFC devices are secured/encrypted. You can't just read the details on them from any device, you need the one they are paired to.

Secondly, the frequencies are different anyway. NFC phones have a small range of NFC chip frequencies they operate at, and most NFC frequencies for things like bank cards, secure building access, etc... are outside that range.

At my last job, I wish I could have cloned secure access cards. I was a contractor and worked in almost two dozen different hospitals, most of which used a card access, and I hated having to keep track of them all, and God help you if you forget yours, 'cause then the ladies in the OR give you dirty looks every time they have to let you in. If I could have them all cloned on my phone, that'd made life much simpler.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

I always wanted one of these but 2 things have always stopped me.

1: fear of kicking the skull/jaw area and shredding my feet on bear teeth.

2: No real area for a rug, plus I own a cat.

Just curious, but what does something like that normally set someone back?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Aristophanes posted:

please tell me more about your life :allears:

If taxidermy is in bad condition, often the component parts are worth more as a sum than the "complete" piece. This is especially true for anything with claws, or rugs where the head can be removed but the body of the rug has decayed. That said, in some states, you can sell a bear rug but not bear claws, so you can also lose all the value of a taxidermy item by disassembling it. This does not apply for especially rare specimens, those you absolutely do not break down. (If you've inherited a tiger rug for example, for god's sakes do not do anything to it at all ever.) But bears are common in taxidermy. I have more bears than I know what to do with. I bought this bear to split up however many claws it had among some teaching boxes.

I was expecting this, but a bear:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I always wanted one of these but 2 things have always stopped me.

1: fear of kicking the skull/jaw area and shredding my feet on bear teeth.

2: No real area for a rug, plus I own a cat.

Just curious, but what does something like that normally set someone back?

1: Unless the rug is extremely old, it won't have the original teeth in it. Even if the rug is very old, sometimes they're plaster instead.

3. Eh, a couple grand for casuals. Usually between $2-8K. It really depends on the size and quality of the rug. I'd never pay that much personally.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

It's about that time that my old helmet gets retired. I might buy one in just a flat black too if I like this helmet enough. For $150-200 why not

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I watched a bunch of youtube videos of the original Doom and Quake on a nostalgia trip, and realized that I never played either of these games. From what I understand, the general consensus is that they're "Pretty good I guess", so I ordered some used copies for $5 shipped each.

SgtScruffy has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Mar 17, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm 99% certain you could never get it to work as an NFC bank card or anything similar.

For one, those kinds of NFC devices are secured/encrypted. You can't just read the details on them from any device, you need the one they are paired to.

Secondly, the frequencies are different anyway. NFC phones have a small range of NFC chip frequencies they operate at, and most NFC frequencies for things like bank cards, secure building access, etc... are outside that range.

What? No. NFC phone chips are used almost exclusively for emulating bank cards.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

SgtScruffy posted:

I watched a bunch of youtube videos of the original Doom and Quake on a nostalgia trip, and realized that I never played either of these games. From what I understand, the general consensus is that they're "Pretty good I guess", so I ordered some used copies for $5 shipped each.

I never made it far through Quake 4, the choppy framerate annoyed me too much. I really enjoyed Rage though but like everyone else said, just as it was getting good it ends... There's some DLC which I've downloaded but never finished. It plays superbly though and pissing about with different ammo types in the handgun in particular is great. Oh and the shotgun is loving amazing as expected. :allears:

Olympic Mathlete has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Mar 17, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

SgtScruffy posted:

Rage has the best gunplay I've played in a game. It's rad as hell. Too bad theres a bunch of other crap in there, but at least John Goodman is in it

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

New boot day! I was somewhat apprehensive purchasing a non-hiking company brand, but these are super comfortable and grippy and the construction seems as good as with my Salomons.

Casu Marzu has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Mar 17, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Rage has the best gunplay I've played in a game. It's rad as hell. Too bad theres a bunch of other crap in there, but at least John Goodman is in it

I don't know why but when I hear John Goodman I think Tom Arnold.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't know why but when I hear John Goodman I think Tom Arnold.

because they were both on Roseanne?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Casu Marzu posted:

New boot day! I was somewhat apprehensive purchasing a non-hiking company brand, but these are super comfortable and grippy and the construction seems as good as with my Salomons.

Waterproof? What model? They look lightweight, are they?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

because they were both on Roseanne?

Hopefully not at the same time :barf:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hopefully not at the same time :barf:

George Clooney was there too.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Waterproof? What model? They look lightweight, are they?

Yeah they're waterproof and pretty lightweight. At least coming from my super heavy leather workboots. Click the pic and it will take you to Amazon.

Casu Marzu has a new favorite as of 23:59 on Mar 17, 2015

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

He's in it for less time than Liam Neeson is in Fallout 3.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

big mean giraffe posted:

What? No. NFC phone chips are used almost exclusively for emulating bank cards.

Yes, when you enter in the card details into Google Wallet/Apple Pay, you can use it an an NFC terminal.

But you can't read a bank card's info and then "write" that to some random RFID chip you implant in your hand.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

amenenema posted:

My wife and I both have the Charge HR, and for what it's worth we donated blood today and our fitbits were within 2 BPM of the Red Cross people. I keep meaning to test it against my dedicated heart rate strap while running but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

1: Unless the rug is extremely old, it won't have the original teeth in it. Even if the rug is very old, sometimes they're plaster instead.

3. Eh, a couple grand for casuals. Usually between $2-8K. It really depends on the size and quality of the rug. I'd never pay that much personally.

Are the fake teeth less apt to rip apart my foot?

Also, not worried about the cat sleeping on it, more worried he's gonna try to either gently caress it or poo poo on it. He's got some territory issues.

Might go for a fake one though. Cheaper than I had imagined for a real one but still out of the budget.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

So, gun, bike, or car part?

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

kannonfodder posted:

So, gun, bike, or car part?

Its a flashlight for a gun, for tacticLOL purposes. He likes to play pretend that he's spec ops, and may even fantasize about finally getting to kill a home invader.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

goku chewbacca posted:

Its a flashlight for a gun, for tacticLOL purposes. He likes to play pretend that he's spec ops, and may even fantasize about finally getting to kill a home invader.

:911:

Content:

Stuff to tinker with

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

It's about that time that my old helmet gets retired. I might buy one in just a flat black too if I like this helmet enough. For $150-200 why not

I've got this helmet in black. It's really well ventilated and comfortable. The only problem I've had with it is the little red plastic button on the end of the chinstrap broke off after a couple months of daily use. So no real complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

88h88 posted:

No accounting for taste is there? Haha.

Where are you?

Currently, Japan.