Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

pun pundit posted:

I am getting an error during the "connecting to the internet to see if a system transfer is possible" step of doing a system transfer. I am incapable of finding anything on the nintendo website about what may cause this error or how to go about fixing it, it's all guides and how-tos. Yes, I have internet access on both systems. Can anyone help?

Nintendo is having/going through maintenance right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Ah, thanks. How long does that usually last?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

pun pundit posted:

Ah, thanks. How long does that usually last?

No idea. Being Nintendo it could take seven months, but it's more than likely going to be back up in a few hours, if not a few minutes as it's been down for quite some time now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does decalgirl make a decal to make my new 3ds look like this?

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

forbidden lesbian posted:

When I was younger I thought that circle formed by the headmane thing and the neck was his eye, couldn't unsee it for years

Whoa... if you remove the actual beak, I can definitely see that

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So for Club Nintendo, I have 670 points and will get the platinum thing... should I just redeem Super Mario 3D Land now, or wait until they announce whatever this free gift is? Is it possible that the game could end up being the free gift or something? I'm tempted to keep going and get more coins to use the extra 70, but ehhh... effort, and I already spent enough and none of the 150-200 coin prizes are any good other than Metroid 2.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Fuzz posted:

So for Club Nintendo, I have 670 points and will get the platinum thing... should I just redeem Super Mario 3D Land now, or wait until they announce whatever this free gift is? Is it possible that the game could end up being the free gift or something? I'm tempted to keep going and get more coins to use the extra 70, but ehhh... effort, and I already spent enough and none of the 150-200 coin prizes are any good other than Metroid 2.

I'm personally waiting until the gift is announced. If it winds up being stuff that's already on the list, it saves me coins, and if not I lose nothing by waiting.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I beat Shovel Knight last night. I'm not ashamed to say the post-credits scene got me a little choked-up and misty-eyes. :3:

Is there any place I can buy the soundtrack?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

I beat Shovel Knight last night. I'm not ashamed to say the post-credits scene got me a little choked-up and misty-eyes. :3:

It's on Steam for $10.

I'm sure you could buy it straight through the official website for the game, too.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I doubt 3D Land will be a prize. I bet 3D World will be though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

noirstronaut posted:

I doubt 3D Land will be a prize. I bet 3D World will be though.

Yet another reason for me to kick myself for buying it at full price because I was bored with my shiny new machine.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Xenomrph posted:

It's up here for whatever price you want http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-original-soundtrack

There's also an arrange album http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/strike-the-earth-shovel-knight-arranged

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

virt is amazing at every track he composes and adapts. Been a fan of his since his Dwelling of Duels entries. They've all been amazing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope your 3DS gets better soon turtlicious.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope you continue to make outsider art out of it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

8-bit Miniboss posted:

virt is amazing at every track he composes and adapts. Been a fan of his since his Dwelling of Duels entries. They've all been amazing.

he is very good

double dragon neon is a great game with an even greater soundtrack http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/double-dragon-neon

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBSo4ef-8ys

Still amazing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Whoever designed the final level of Mighty Switch Force is an utter bastard. I'm having nasty Toxic Tower flashbacks :ohdear:.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Turtlicious posted:

Is super glue flammable / meltable?

Please keep destroying your 3ds in the pursuit of Art

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I got the thing from Nintendo and I did the thing. Face plate anxiety on the XL has been halved. :boom:

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles on Amazon for a whopping $1.50 in savings.

I bought this fuckin n3DS for a reason.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Buy from Best Buy and save $8.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo Korea announced a Direct for the 19th. Will the rest of us be so lucky?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Okay, forget that, Nintendo and DeNA (owners of Mobage) are holding a joint press conference in about 90 minutes. Iwata and the DeNA CEO will both be there. The end is nigh!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Okay, forget that, Nintendo and DeNA (owners of Mobage) are holding a joint press conference in about 90 minutes. Iwata and the DeNA CEO will both be there. The end is nigh!
Virtual Console 5-minute demos for every phone!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Betcha it goes the other way and they're slapping an Android version of some kind in the 3DS as a games hub app, just so people can play all their favourite phone games.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 17, 2015

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Press release is already up: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150317e.pdf

Sounds like IP for mobile games and some new cross platform membership thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, I posted it in the other thread, we managed to tag at some point.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Brilliant, what's next?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sire Oblivion posted:

Brilliant, what's next?

He should stick it in the microwave. That'll warm up the glue and make it scrape off easily :pseudo:.

Zaphod42 posted:

I wanted one of those MM new 3DS. :(

If you are very very lucky, you might see some actually hit store shelves in May. There was a second batch manufactured to accommodate the sheer influx of preorders that gets released sometime then, so just maybe a few extras might actually touch retail shelves if they aren't all immediately swallowed up.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 17, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Slides and transcript of announcement are up: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2015/150317/index.html

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
So it's over?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

So it's over?

They're doing Q&A right now.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo games on PC? I sounds like they're expanding the scope of NNID's at least.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nintendo games on PC? I sounds like they're expanding the scope of NNID's at least.

God I could only loving hope. Hell, if it's just a Virtual Console service I'd be loving happy.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So Codename: STEAM is pretty rad. I understand why some people won't like it, there are a lot of janky design decisions and I figure some people will be turned off by the enemy turn length. But good god does the game ooze charm and there are a number of really cool mechanics to restore action points that let you pull off all kinds of crazy poo poo.

Plus I really like the focus on achieving goals over 'murder everything'. It makes support and niche characters incredibly useful (pretty sure Tom Sawyer is never leaving my team) and the fact there are no levels or stats beyond what your dudes start with means there's a real puzzle-solving quality to a lot of maps and it doesn't face the normal SRPG problem of leveling your dudes and letting them steamroll.

Also the weapons get nuts pretty quickly. There are some really inventive and cool things in there.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

So how much did they actually learn from the whole WFC/Gamespy thing?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sir Unimaginative posted:

So how much did they actually learn from the whole WFC/Gamespy thing?

Enough to partner with one of Japan's biggest mobile developers and letting them handle the backend stuff.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I got the thing from Nintendo and I did the thing. Face plate anxiety on the XL has been halved. :boom:

Awesome. I did the exact same thing last week, except I swapped the bottom of my red 3DS with a black cover. I'm in love with how it looks now.

I picked up Code Name: STEAM over the weekend and it's been a blast so far. The enemy turns are needlessly long and it's hard to ignore that, but the mechanics are tight and the game is so stylish that I'm having a really hard time putting it down. It's really scratching that tactical itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone else actually understand resolution between DS mode and 3DS mode? Basically, Shantae is on the eShop, the 3DS Virtual Console. However, it can be played in DS Mode as well and I'm wondering what the differences, in visual quality, would be.