Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
Anyone able to help me figure out some odd behavior with Paper by 53 app and the Pencil stylus?

I'm left handed, trying to draw, and maybe every 20-30 seconds or so it seems like maybe the palm rejection doesn't work properly and seems to be multi-touching me out of the Paper app back to the home screen. I'm working on an iPad Air 2.

Is there some setting somewhere that I can tweak to let the device know I'm left-handed (if that's the problem)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
The problem is that the pencil stylus is junk and I'm sorry that you paid a lot of money for it.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
Fortunately I didn't pay for it, but I did figure out the issue: multitasking gestures were on.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

slomomofo posted:

There's also an hdmi adapter for the iPad so you could just skip the Windows laptop completely, unless there's some esoteric reason everything has to go through it.

Yeah, being able to draw on the mirrored window with a SMARTBoard is a big plus. I would just use my MBA and QuickTime but the SMARTBoard is a piece of poo poo and won't work with my laptop at all (the projector is alright, though). So I can just project the iPad without a new dongle if I need to.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
You a student teacher? Burn your smart board to the ground and just use a document camera. You'll be happier for it.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

PFlats posted:

You a student teacher? Burn your smart board to the ground and just use a document camera. You'll be happier for it.

Yeah, student teacher, and that's not an option here. I actually use SMART Ink pretty regularly for literacy tasks and source analysis, it's fine because it just lets me draw on the internet.

I've opened SMART Notebook like, once. What a piece of loving poo poo software. I hear math teachers love it but I need that janky garbage like I need less whiteboard space (oh wait).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MacID for iOS or OSX Free

http://slickdeals.net/f/7732697-macid-for-ios-free-reg-3-99

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It's not terrible, but I'd only use it for the auto-lock feature to tell the truth, unlocking the computer can be just as cumbersome as entering a password. But I don't think it's quite ready to pull out of the oven just yet.

At one point when I was testing it last night, something got all messed up with it and I ended up having to hardboot to recover. Currently I don't have the OS X part running.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Thanks for the review. I've been using Knock for a while and I like it a lot but it's always cool to see new stuff in the space.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Blinkz0rz posted:

Thanks for the review. I've been using Knock for a while and I like it a lot but it's always cool to see new stuff in the space.

Knock just feels cool to use.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Anybody know of an app that can export the call logs? I've found a bunch but they all require local backups, I can't seem to find any that can do it from the phone. I'd like to get a CSV of my call history. Is that even possible?

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

ephori posted:

Anybody know of an app that can export the call logs? I've found a bunch but they all require local backups, I can't seem to find any that can do it from the phone. I'd like to get a CSV of my call history. Is that even possible?

You can't do this in an appstore app, there's no (legit) API offered to access this. Might be a jailbroken one to do it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Never lied before in my life

http://twitter.com/LauncherIOS/status/578203149606871042

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

What's the story on this? Did Apple pull them?

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

trilljester posted:

What's the story on this? Did Apple pull them?

Apple originally pulled it after like a week and apparently finally decided it was okay and let it back in.

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.

ephori posted:

PhoneView or IExplorer

I use PhoneView constantly to keep a permanent rolling external accessible log of voicemails, call logs, and text messages.

Does other poo poo too.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Anyone know if there's a dedicated thread for ios games/gaming, or is this the place for it?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Croc Monster posted:

Anyone know if there's a dedicated thread for ios games/gaming, or is this the place for it?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659022

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Awesome, thanks!

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Croc Monster posted:

Awesome, thanks!

It's linked in the second sentence of the OP -- I thought you might want to know that.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
I am not a clever man.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Croc Monster posted:

I am not a clever man.

:argh:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Anyone else getting weird spam pop ups in the imgur app?

I'm talking like actual iOS notification style popups.

E: pocketgur

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Anyone else getting weird spam pop ups in the imgur app?

I'm talking like actual iOS notification style popups.

E: pocketgur

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you're using that over the official imgur app?

LoSesMC
Feb 13, 2009

Aww man the update is showing in the App Store but taunting me with not being able to actually download it yet.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you're using that over the official imgur app?

Honestly I have no idea. I think maybe I just clicked on the first imgur app I saw way back when? I'm not an avid user, just when I'm bored on the train so it's always done the job. Now that I know there's an official one I'll probably end up switching to that. Thanks!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I really like imgupr for uploading to imgur

even gives you BB code links to paste here

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I use upit because I am smart

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
swiftkey or swype? I've been using swype so far

Kheldarn posted:

actually uploading images to imgur is an still an "upcoming feature" of the app

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

HOW loving USELESS IS THAT?!?

Why even bother, sticking with upit, or Awful App which will upload to imgur automatically from camera roll/photo library with a long-press, this feature is not present in the Android app, FYI.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

A Yolo Wizard posted:

swiftkey or swype? I've been using swype so far

I gave up on both earlier this week. Keyboard not appearing when in Messages is loving terrible. Maybe another time.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
The keyboard not appearing bug is annoying but can't you swipe up when it happens?

Maybe I'm thinking of the scrolling bug.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Kheldarn posted:

A Yolo Wizard posted:

This and I'm kinda mad that I updated to the new version from the oooooooold version which let you upload stuff fine, and in bulk to boot. Its biggest problem was that it kept forgetting your login and you'd have to enter your details again.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

noirstronaut posted:

I use upit because I am smart
Upit 4 life. So good.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Why not just use the Imgur mobile site? Less app bloat.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

eltoozero posted:

Why even bother, sticking with upit, or Awful App which will upload to imgur automatically from camera roll/photo library with a long-press, this feature is not present in the Android app, FYI.

That's awesome. I was just looking for a way to easily upload camera photos, ideally from the Photos app, but I pretty much only upload images for use on here, so this is even better I guess.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
PDF Expert is half off right now. Does it handle syncing any differently than Goodreader? If I make an annotation in Goodreader is has to sync the entire file again. Any chance PDF Expert does only the annotations? It sort of sucks having to reupload/download an entire 20mb file because of one highlight.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

eltoozero posted:

Not sure how I never noticed this. Thanks

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Cam someone help me with a problem? I use the apple Podcast app, and it's fine, but if I've been listening to a podcast and pause it, the Bluetooth handshake in my car makes the podcast play. I don't always or even usually have BT source active in my car, so the podcast could be playing for minutes or hours without me knowing it and it's a pain in the rear end to find where I left off.

Is this a problem with the App, my car stereo, or is that how it's supposed to work and I just have to be anal about turning off Bluetooth/STOPPING not pausing the app, stuff like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

BigFactory posted:

Cam someone help me with a problem? I use the apple Podcast app, and it's fine, but if I've been listening to a podcast and pause it, the Bluetooth handshake in my car makes the podcast play. I don't always or even usually have BT source active in my car, so the podcast could be playing for minutes or hours without me knowing it and it's a pain in the rear end to find where I left off.

Is this a problem with the App, my car stereo, or is that how it's supposed to work and I just have to be anal about turning off Bluetooth/STOPPING not pausing the app, stuff like that?

That's really weird and sounds like a problem with your car. Mine pauses whatever was playing through BT when I'm not on the BT source. I'm using the stock deck on a 2010 Mazda.