Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

My least favorite episode is The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell and I really liked Frank's Brother and never knew it was unpopular until I read some variation of this thread.

I guess it helps that I'm a big Wire fan and seeing Cedric Daniels on Sunny was awesome for me as well as Frank's lovely wig and Shady Nasty's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think you have a typo. You typed "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell." What did you really mean?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Advice posted:

Where is Artemis, anyway?

She's the Vice President of the United States.

No, really.

Go watch Scandal, goons.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

My favorite bit in Liberty Bell is Dee's reaction to Charlie testing the gun that would later pop Brit-Cricket's head on her. She's a witch after all.

Someone pointed it out in this thread once before but Col. Cricket dropping his accent when he asks why she keeps spitting in his mouth is great, too.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i just started watching the new season and I love it

This is basically the only comedy TV series that consistently gets actual laugh out loud's from me. It's so good

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Zzulu posted:

i just started watching the new season and I love it

This is basically the only comedy TV series that consistently gets actual laugh out loud's from me. It's so good

I'd have to agree with that. I legitimately laugh my rear end off when watching this show. At times Bob's Burgers does it. Always Sunny Always Does It though.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Light is either on or off, there's no speed to light ... it was an anti science thing

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Light is either on or off, there's no speed to light ... it was an anti science thing

Hahaha gently caress me did I laugh hard at this.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Felt like watching the Liberty Bell again last night thanks to this thread. Reaffirming it indeed owns bones. Especially Mac's sleeveless shirt and wooden teeth.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Obviously personal tastes exist, but I am honestly baffled that Sunny fans could hate The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell. I laugh my rear end off from start to finish every time I watch it :shrug:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If you're not amused by fop Dennis going "YEEEEEEEEEESSSS" while mac whistles through his wooden teeth, you may have different sensibilities than me.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Reiche posted:

Obviously personal tastes exist, but I am honestly baffled that Sunny fans could hate The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell. I laugh my rear end off from start to finish every time I watch it :shrug:

Yeah, I don't really get it either. It's one of the times where going wacky actually helps and isn't annoying or hindering.

I wonder if there's a correlation with those people who always talk about how they liked Seinfeld "until Larry David left" which when you look at the episode list and its classic:forgettable ratio is a completely indefensible position.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

hemophilia posted:

If you're not amused by fop Dennis going "YEEEEEEEEEESSSS" while mac whistles through his wooden teeth, you may have different sensibilities than me.

Also the political cartoon

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My favorite thing about the Liberty Bell episode is that it really goes whole hog with the concept that they have not only been telling this insane, bullshit story to this historian, but have been kind of miming it to her as well.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I kinda agree. Seinfeld needed Larry David. Those last 1-2 seasons were kinda dumb. :shrug:

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Shadow posted:

I kinda agree. Seinfeld needed Larry David. Those last 1-2 seasons were kinda dumb. :shrug:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Mange Mite posted:

Also the political cartoon

"This appears to be a drawing of the two of you sodomizing the king while the queen is forced to witness"
"Nayeth!"

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Shadow posted:

You want a piece of me... YOU GOT IT!!!!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Always Sunny and Curb Your Enthusiasm should do a crossover episode.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Always Sunny and Curb Your Enthusiasm should do a crossover episode.

I'd love to see what larry david has to say about the bar/the gang

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I just want him to get into a heated argument with Danny Devito about some bullshit

conrack
Oct 4, 2006
Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life may have just creeped up as one of my favorite episodes, but it's so hard to keep track of an objective list at this point. I just rewound Charlie's stand-up set about 30 times and Sinbad killed the rehab bit.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

i flunked out posted:

He puts on his constipated face, "They're a bit much. OK. Ya know."

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

conrack posted:

Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life may have just creeped up as one of my favorite episodes, but it's so hard to keep track of an objective list at this point. I just rewound Charlie's stand-up set about 30 times and Sinbad killed the rehab bit.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you was hurtin, that's my bad. I'm Sinbad.... this is my house.... and YOU MY BITCH.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

conrack posted:

That loving click in Dee's throat at 0:14 gets me every time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlQAqPkOp5g

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dee owns

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Dee owns

Dee is probably my number 3 behind Charlie and Frank.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i flunked out posted:

I think Larry would have fit right into the episode where the gang gets shushed.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Snacksmaniac posted:

Dee is probably my number 3 behind Charlie and Frank.

WHAT? WHY IS SHE THIRD?!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

mojo1701a posted:

WHAT? WHY IS SHE THIRD?!

Too sassy.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

mojo1701a posted:

WHAT? WHY IS SHE THIRD?!

It's like "Worst is first".

Bird is third.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dee is also Cheryl formerly David's sister. Larry ruined her fiance's baptism.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Frank and charlie are too hard to top. Gruesome twosome.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm sorry I just have to go with Frank's official ranking from 'The Gang Dances Their Asses Off'

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

DNova posted:

You want a piece of me... YOU GOT IT!!!!

That scene was funny but the implausible storylines just got out of control those last 2 seasons. The first 6 were at least a bit more grounded. They went zany. I think David kept Seinfeld in check.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Shadow posted:

I think David kept Seinfeld in check.

I've had this conversation a million times and it usually comes back to comparing the David/Seinfeld relationship to that of Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder. One's too salty, one's too sweet, get 'em together and it's sea salt caramel :cool:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

DoombatINC posted:

I've had this conversation a million times and it usually comes back to comparing the David/Seinfeld relationship to that of Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder. One's too salty, one's too sweet, get 'em together and it's sea salt caramel :cool:

One's honey and one's vinegar?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I think Dee is the most convincing drunk of the gang, and those dry heaves in 'Erotic Life' are amazing. It's hard for me to rank the gang, because I am such a big fan of the gruesome twosome, but Dee just might be my favorite. At the same time, I really identify with Charlie...

drat, what a great show. Bummed that the newest season is nearly over.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My favorite moment of all time, from "Sweet Dee has a Heart Attack"

Charlie: Barney, get this guy a cigarette, he's freaking out.
Mac: Huh? Who?
Charlie: Barney. He's the guy who tipped me of to Pepe Silvia.
Mac: Barney?! Who the hell is Barney?
Charlie: You don't see Barn- oh poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
de bow bow