Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

New Leaf posted:

Holy poo poo, I really want the DBZ announcer in Xenoverse now.

Edit: Also, just get another set of earrings and fuse Chi-Chi and Bulma. Problem solved.

Or the same earrings, nothing says they can only fuse one pair of people ever. In fact Vegito just running around Potara fusing with everyone for a power boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Onmi posted:

Or the same earrings, nothing says they can only fuse one pair of people ever. In fact Vegito just running around Potara fusing with everyone for a power boost.

The earrings Vegito is fused from are the earrings the Old Kai used to fuse with the Witch, so yeah, they can be re-used. They were just broken inside Buu.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
A power-mad Vegito gets ahold of the earings, forcefully fuses with the entire universe. Name becomes unpronouncible.

Buu remains insanely jealous.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

VanSandman posted:

A power-mad Vegito gets ahold of the earings, forcefully fuses with the entire universe. Name becomes unpronouncible.

Buu remains insanely jealous.

Then he gets hold of Trunk's time machine and starts fusing with other Vegitos.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Buu snags the earring as Goku throws it to Gohan and tries it on in a moment of idle curiosity.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

Buu snags the earring as Goku throws it to Gohan and tries it on in a moment of idle curiosity.
turns into a human

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Actually, that does make me wonder: what happens when two people with opposite goals fuse? Goku and Vegeta both wanted to defeat Janemba/Buu, so even if their attitudes about it were a little different they could come together into a coherent person. Same with Goten and Trunks.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Endorph posted:

Actually, that does make me wonder: what happens when two people with opposite goals fuse? Goku and Vegeta both wanted to defeat Janemba/Buu, so even if their attitudes about it were a little different they could come together into a coherent person. Same with Goten and Trunks.

Superior personality wins out?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'Stop hitting yourself' gets taken literally.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Probably just mashes their experiences and reasonings together and whatever makes the most sense as a result wins out.

Let's take Buu and Goku as the example I guess.

Buu wants to destroy the universe because he's bored or basically because it's fun. Goku wants to protect the world because he lives there and cares about a lot of people and wants to fight stronger opponents (which won't exist if everyone is dead and the planet blows up). Their goals aren't in direct opposition

You just end up with Bokuu who's kind of a dick like Buu but cares about people like Goku. Fights people because he's bored and maybe cares less about collateral damage. But doesn't destroy planets or anything because he's still looking for a bigger, better challenge and is willing to wait around for it.

Unfortunately their combined hunger means starvation for everyone else on the planet. RIP human race

It's not about goals, it's really more about motivations and what makes those motivations relevant to those characters. I guess. That's how I'd handle it at least. You can make some weird fusions work that way.

Goku and Frieza would probably be a compassionate but iron-fisted intergalactic tyrant. Vegeta and Frieza would be a one man genocide machine.

you can tell i wrote dbz fanfiction in middle school cant you

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 17, 2015

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Should have forced Buu to potara fuse with Ginyu Frog.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Perfect Cell + Satan = Somehow, Perfect+.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Aurain posted:

Perfect Cell + Satan = Somehow, Perfect+.

Mister Perfect.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I never got the impression that the fusion characters had separate personalities -- I figure that the fusion characters are essentially what would happen if those two characters had a baby that retained all of their memories heh...but it's true, all of you are basically "fusions" of your parents, genetically speaking. So just as genetics are a huge component of one's personality, the behavior of the fused character would be at the whim of however the personality shook out.

I saw an interview with Sabat and Schemmel where they discussed doing the fusion voices. He said for Vegetto (Why spell it Vegito, you don't spell it Vegita? Eh.) Vegeta has the dominant voice and Schemmel does a Goku with a semi-British affectation (and Schemmel does it in the video, I'll have to dig it up.) For Gogeta, Goku has the dominant voice and Sabat does Yamcha. Heh heh heh.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Edit: Also, just get another set of earrings and fuse Chi-Chi and Bulma. Problem solved.
Probably not enough around.
Look man, Kais don't just grow on tre- oh wait they actually do...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

HGH posted:

Probably not enough around.
Look man, Kais don't just grow on tre- oh wait they actually do...

At one point Kibito Clothes Beams Supreme Kai clothes onto Gohan complete with earrings, so I doubt running out is a real issue for them.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Forget teaching the Spirit Bomb or whatever, I'm pretty sure the Clothes Beam is the DBZ power I'd get the most use out of.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Dr. Miracle posted:

Mister Perfect.

Perfect Satan. :black101:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Why is it that no matter how much clothing gets destroyed, pants always survive? Do they concentrate their Ki in that one spot to protect their vital areas and the pants survive as a side effect?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Xibanya posted:

For Gogeta, Goku has the dominant voice and Sabat does Yamcha.

I guess Vegito really is stronger then. :v:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

Why is it that no matter how much clothing gets destroyed, pants always survive? Do they concentrate their Ki in that one spot to protect their vital areas and the pants survive as a side effect?

And what's up with the Hulk??!?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Mraagvpeine posted:

If it makes you feel better, there are several instances in Dragonball where Goku's pants do not survive.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
All this fusion talk has made me rewatch Fusion Reborn.

If theres anyone in this thread who hasn't seen Fusion reborn, go see fusion reborn. its such a fun dragon ball z movie, like they took the best parts of Dragon Ball's wacky humour with the sometimes somber tone of dragon ball z's bigger fights. :allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also Janemba has one of the best fighting styles in DBZ.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah Janemba is a super cool villain just because of how neat he fights. I'd watch an entire arc about him.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
A great part of Fusion Reborn is that Gogeta doesn't even kill the hapless dumb intern that turned into Janemba. He purifies all the evil and saves the dude and sends him on his way.

Which is kind of funny but I guess Gogeta just has some weird 'purifying' power because he does it against Omega Shenron's Negative Energy Power Ball too.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I want to think its some kind of variant spirit bomb technique.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

If you watched any Bruce Lee movie you would understand that martial artists power up not by going blond, but by taking off their shirt.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Can anyone learn to shape shift if the go to Southern Transformation Kindergarten?

Can Puar or Oolong shift into a Saiyan and then achieve Super Saiyan?

Why does Future Trunks say the Androids will arrive on an island South-West of South City? There's obviously a city with modern people there. Why doesn't this city have an actual name?

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Little Mac posted:

Can anyone learn to shape shift if the go to Southern Transformation Kindergarten?

Can Puar or Oolong shift into a Saiyan and then achieve Super Saiyan?

Why does Future Trunks say the Androids will arrive on an island South-West of South City? There's obviously a city with modern people there. Why doesn't this city have an actual name?

Yes
No
Toriyama

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The bit in abridged where south city is to the west of north city is probably my favorite joke in it.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Little Mac posted:

Not if they get expelled for being a creepy panty snatcher.

quote:

Can Puar or Oolong shift into a Saiyan

They can turn into Goku, so yes. You could say it's just cosmetic, but they can clearly take on the internal characteristics of whatever they're shapeshifting into (see Oolong turning into motor vehicles) if they actually bother to do a good job, so I'll give them a total pass on this one.

quote:

and then achieve Super Saiyan?

Puar and Oolong's power levels are too low, but that's an interesting idea. I guess we'll have to throw them into the ROSAT so they can train for science!

quote:

Trunks is squeamish about Sex Workers.

Actually it appears that Dragonball-World is actually not at all densely populated - there appear to be just a handful major cities total and everyone else lives in cute themed villages (like Russia-themed, Cowboys and Indians themed, etc.) It's actually dangerous to go wandering around far from a human population center unless you're Goku. Dragonball World is probably the same size as ours (in order to have the same gravity) but I wouldn't be surprised if there were only about 500 million inhabitants.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

Yeah Janemba is a super cool villain just because of how neat he fights. I'd watch an entire arc about him.

Goku's SS3 fight against Janemba was really tight too. It actually made SS3 seem really powerful. I had always thought little of SS3 until this fight (mostly because I sort of felt it was just flash in DBZ).

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

The bit in abridged where south city is to the west of north city is probably my favorite joke in it.

East City Westerners rule!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

A Steampunk Gent posted:

East City Westerners rule!

They're nothing against the West City Eastmans!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

YggiDee posted:

Forget teaching the Spirit Bomb or whatever, I'm pretty sure the Clothes Beam is the DBZ power I'd get the most use out of.

That would even work against someone like Frieza! Just Clothes Beam something over his head. He can't sense ki, then you could gut-punch him until he pukes.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Or cover him in clothes until he suffoca-... Oh. :smith:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Could you turn someone into a Candy that melts easily in heat?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't really get the love for Fusion Reborn. Janemba is kind of a boring villain, and Gogeta is barely in it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Couldn't Buu have magically turned any object into pudding and saved us an apocalypse?

• Locked thread