Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I also threw some of my rusty tools in the CLR bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Would it damage an aluminum block? I've heard of using it for cleaning a heatercore, but would be scared of it damaging the block.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

QuarkMartial posted:

Would it damage an aluminum block? I've heard of using it for cleaning a heatercore, but would be scared of it damaging the block.

Tons of people use it on their AR-15 rifles, which are largely aluminum.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Tons of people use it on their AR-15 rifles, which are largely aluminum.

CLR or CLP?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
What the gently caress is this piece of poo poo doing here?

Drove a jeep for the first time in drat near 7 months. It is absolute junk and I forgot how much minor annoying stuff was broken.

Can't wait for spring, it will die on video. gently caress this thing.

Thanks a ton to Ozmiander for not scrapping it a long time ago, and arranging shipment, which has been a disaster. I have a few more forester parts to collect, then it is time for a pilgrimage to upstate NY.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kastein posted:

What the gently caress is this piece of poo poo doing here?

Drove a jeep for the first time in drat near 7 months. It is absolute junk and I forgot how much minor annoying stuff was broken.

Can't wait for spring, it will die on video. gently caress this thing.

Thanks a ton to Ozmiander for not scrapping it a long time ago, and arranging shipment, which has been a disaster. I have a few more forester parts to collect, then it is time for a pilgrimage to upstate NY.

That's like thanking a someone for giving you herpes.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I would be thinking about CLP, not CLR. Brainfart.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Drove 500 miles, junkyarded two forester hatches, hung out with the crew at ACEofsnett's shop, blew up beers, and put new hatches on two foresters this weekend. Not bad.

Also lawn darted the red XJ into a snow pile abutting my property so it isn't blocking the snowed-in private road anymore. Not really a big deal to anyone, but I figured my neighbors would approve of not having to look at that eyesore, or at least having it 200' further away. My intent was to do this right when it came off the trailer, but it disagreed and beached itself the second I got to snow instead of digging in like it should have. For shame.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Junkyard trip report:

I WANT TO BELIEVE.jpg

more red metallic Forester hatches than you can shake a stick at

Finally slammed the XJ into a snowbank like it deserved. It will live there till the snow is mostly melted, then it's going into the yard and getting emptied out, partially stripped, then I'll find a way to drag it to Maine to take it flying.

Threw the new hatch on the Forester, then dissected various parts from the old one and figured out why the rear wiper didn't work.
Brushes are hosed.

That would do it...

Turns out the pivot shaft seized to the aluminum housing because the PO never ever ever used the rear wiper, so when I tried to use it, the brushes acted like carbon arc gougers not brushes. And ate the poo poo out of the commutator.

The new motor was not too happy about working either, but helping it along for a few dozen cycles by hand (you can't back-drive a worm gear, but you can help it!) cleaned everything up and it now works nicely. I expect to need to replace the motor in a couple months though.

Then I went to NY and dropped off a Forester/Ford care package with Ozmiander:

(the drat things multiply, I swear. There are now three red metallic Foresters in NEAI.)

Some silly trim panels and poo poo his was missing, a battery for the F150 since he'd been borrowing the one out of my XJ while it was in his yard, and the hatch. We spent maybe an hour dicking around with his Forester, threw some camo spray paintrust preventative coating over a few damaged spots in non-visible areas on the hatch opening, put the new hatch on, pulled all the trim off and chose the best parts from the pile, then put it all back together. Much like mine, it looks a lot better without a bunch of PO damage on the tailgate.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

God drat those SG's look better without the crossbars.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

:siren:

THINGS HAVE TAKEN AN UNEXPECTED TURN

Due to Tremek being awesome and keeping a close eye on his local CL, I have purchased a vehicle I never expected to purchase, with no rust.

Looks like I will be flying out and driving it home at some indeterminate point in the very near future.

AI goons between Colorado and Massachusetts: Friends, hoons, countrymen. Lend me your driveways

If you know what it is please don't say anything till I pick it up.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I have no idea what's going on but I am excited!

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
But how the hell are you going to commute in a m715?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
If for some reason you head through Chicago, let us know. I think there's a few of us around here.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

JFC. I can't believe. I shan't believe it.

ohh gently caress it. :flashfap::f5:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Yesssssssss

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
Please let it be a BiTurbo, please let it be a BiTurbo, please let it be a BiTurbo, please let it be a BiTurbo...

Please?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

PhotoKirk posted:

Please let it be a BiTurbo, please let it be a BiTurbo, please let it be a BiTurbo, please let it be a BiTurbo...

Please?

gently caress no, that's 14's jam. I won't subject myself to that kind of torture.

It's more like cars I, chrisgt, and 14 own presently.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

kastein posted:

gently caress no, that's 14's jam. I won't subject myself to that kind of torture.

Two of my cars are rusted out, broken in half, and not safe to drive anymore... Don't get a car like me.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's finally here! It's going to happen!!!

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think a Colorado to Massachusetts route would take you through central Illinois but if for some reason it does my garage is available for your use.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
HEMTT wrecker?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

kastein posted:

Due to Tremek being awesome and keeping a close eye on his local CL, I have purchased a vehicle I never expected to purchase, with no rust.

Looks like I will be flying out and driving it home at some indeterminate point in the very near future.

AI goons between Colorado and Massachusetts: Friends, hoons, countrymen. Lend me your driveways

:f5h::stare::fh:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm gonna second the Chicago invitation.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

kastein posted:

Land rover III in red metallic ?

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Toilet Forester/Brat? To park beside Toilet Jeep?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm gonna guess something like either an Accord/Corolla wagon or a Baja.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sandbagger SA posted:

HEMTT wrecker?

:stare: goddamn, it's a portable shop.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

kastein posted:

It's still a Jeep, right...

J truck or an SJ is my guess. (Please be an FC...)

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

ThinkFear posted:

(Please be an FC...)

This is my hope/dream right here.
Jeep FC's are loving gorgeous.
And I'd love to see Kastein rock the poo poo out of one.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry guys, he bought a turbo B18 Civic.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I heard it was a turbo RX8 that had previously been used as a drift car.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Great Beer posted:

I heard it was a turbo RX8 that had previously been used as a drift car.

Nah, he's trying to get better mpg for his commute.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Oh, my bad. After the B18 Civic suggestion I thought we were ironically suggesting terrible cars. :colbert:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Ozmiander posted:

Sorry guys, he bought a turbo B18 Civic.

:swoon:

Great Beer posted:

Oh, my bad. After the B18 Civic suggestion I thought we were ironically suggesting terrible cars. :colbert:

You shut your filthy mouth!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ThinkFear posted:

It's still a Jeep, right...

J truck or an SJ is my guess. (Please be an FC...)

Fingers crossed for a kick rear end J Truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Siochain posted:

This is my hope/dream right here.
Jeep FC's are loving gorgeous.
And I'd love to see Kastein rock the poo poo out of one.

FC with an FD rx7 engine.

:colbert: