Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

lol this ones actually pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

(funny)

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Barnyard Protein posted:

lol this ones actually pretty good

who has a mouse with a curly cord tho

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

haha what the gently caress this dude's google+ header is surprisingly edgy https://plus.google.com/+Danscartoons/posts

dan's cartoons for your professional computer and heroin jokes

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9vw7SYf61s

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

haha what the gently caress this dude's google+ header is surprisingly edgy https://plus.google.com/+Danscartoons/posts

dan's cartoons for your professional computer and heroin jokes

dont inkshame

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmgALMafoBc

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:

BLT Clobbers posted:

the show is insufferable apart from all the really funny bits

Pretty much. The good bits are Jane Krakowski, and the landlord lady....

The main girl isn't funny. All she does is make cutsie faces and she is also the daughter of a billionaire IRL so I just can never really respect her.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Chorrax posted:

and she is also the daughter of a billionaire IRL so I just can never really respect her.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

I'm incredibly critical of old money celebrities/artists because I'm bitter.

I like Taylor Swift tho, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

wasn't there a thing about her paying for her own education and intentionally avoiding using any kind of contacts through her family

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

mars attacks owned

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple
http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/17/8230631/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-brand

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Chorrax posted:

I'm incredibly critical of old money celebrities/artists because I'm bitter.

I like Taylor Swift tho, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus

both of those people seem to have their head screwed on straight and aren't complete assholes to everybody and everything, so that helps

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

taylor swift owns

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

wasn't there a thing about her paying for her own education and intentionally avoiding using any kind of contacts through her family

pretty sure it's impossible to pay for school anymore by working yourself at college costing $20k-$40k a year, so she's either full of poo poo or her family helped her get into a position that helped her make more money than a normal person in that situation would, either way, gently caress them, eat the rich

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

BLT Clobbers posted:

the show is insufferable apart from all the really funny bits

Some flourishes of funny dialogue wasted on a terrible premise.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

I think it's more that ellie kemper plays a character that is struggling to live when in reality she never once had to worry about affording rent for a lovely nyc basement apartment.

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

duTrieux. posted:

taylor swift owns

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Apocadall posted:

pretty sure it's impossible to pay for school anymore by working yourself at college costing $20k-$40k a year, so she's either full of poo poo or her family helped her get into a position that helped her make more money than a normal person in that situation would, either way, gently caress them, eat the rich

this is correct, stagnation of wages and increasing tuition costs mean that most people literally can't work a part-time jkob to fund college the way that boomers could.

of course, the boomers refuse to acknowledge this.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

She had acting lessons from Jon Hamm and studied theater at Princeton

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Apocadall posted:

she didn't go to college recently

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

I'm not saying I dislike her for those reasons, only that I'm very critical of her because I know lots of people that have to work 3 service industry jobs to support themselves while they try to break into a career in comedic acting

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

lol @ defending old money ever
never get tired of the 'rags to riches' stories of old money's kids

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

duTrieux. posted:

this is correct, stagnation of wages and increasing tuition costs mean that most people literally can't work a part-time jkob to fund college the way that boomers could.

boomers paid for college by working four hours at weekends, then spent 40 years telling their kids how hard it was

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Anderson Cooper owns too, despite being a Vanderbilt

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

sweet video, the ball looks weird when it's bouncing but maybe he should have chosen another song

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sweevo posted:

boomers paid for college by working four hours at weekends, then spent 40 years telling their kids how hard it was

lol, remember romney?

"when we were in college we were poor! why, mitt had to sell some of his stocks to make ends meet!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux. posted:

lol, remember romney?

"when we were in college we were poor! why, mitt had to sell some of his stocks to make ends meet!"

holy christ, that one still infuriates me. they talk about living in an apartment like it's a camping trip

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i was kind of sad when he decided not to run again, that would have been great fun

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

duTrieux. posted:

lol, remember romney?

Also 47% of americans are lazy and itbhas nothing to do with corporate raiders like mitt gutting companies that would employ them

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Panty Saluter posted:

Also 47% of americans are lazy
its me, I'm the lazy

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2h8ujX6T0A

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Panty Saluter posted:

Also 47% of americans are lazy and itbhas nothing to do with corporate raiders like mitt gutting companies that would employ them

btw that stat includes people like students, the elderly, military, etc.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
i dress in regular clothes, mere rags to riches

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

btw that stat includes people like students, the elderly, military, etc.

but in peoples heads its unemployed benefits claiming drug addicts who run a fagin like empire with their seventeen kids

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

my dad's college was $400/semester lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all of the tuition increases have gone to administration too, so no matter how much money you throw at it the only thing it does is bloat the system instead of lowering tuition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

There are still a few state schools in mediocre locations that are affordable. Less so as time goes on, and not that college isn't becoming less affordable particularly for poorer students, but there are still some options that don't send you into absurd debt.

• Locked thread