Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If you had to replace:

Adc, Coach, Top, Support Top again and then Jungle, maybe the problem si with the only remaining player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

If you had to replace:

Adc, Coach, Top, Support Top again and then Jungle, maybe the problem si with the only remaining player?

It's probably time for Froggen to realise that having his own team so to speak isn't working out. And if wants to remain relevant he needs to join another team and just be a member of that team. He'll still be an upgrade for most western team that doesn't rely on their midlaner for most of their shotcalling.
As it is it's looking unlikely they'll even make playoffs and looking like a very real chance of ending up in a relegation match. Maybe that'll be the eye opener he or the team needs.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Froggen on C9.

Just think about it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Badfinger posted:

Froggen on C9.

Just think about it.

Lemon to coach, Hai to support, Froggen to mid. Meh. Has he even looked good enough recently to compete with the likes of Bjerg? It also doesn't fix/explain the problem of Balls also looking like garbage recently.

Edit: I legit wouldn't be surprised if C9 doesn't see roster swaps without a) somebody (Meteos or Sneaky) changing teams or b) somebody retiring though. Which is unfortunate because they need to do something to remain competitive.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Alex Ich to Top, Froggen to Mid, Balls to Coach, Lemon to General Manager, Hai to Analyst, Altec to Support.

:boom:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yes, in most of their losses Froggen still looked good and I would love to see him on C9. The problem is then they would lose their shotcaller, so good luck with that happening.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

henkman posted:

Yes, in most of their losses Froggen still looked good and I would love to see him on C9. The problem is then they would lose their shotcaller, so good luck with that happening.

Yeah this is the issue and why I'd say C9 is one of the teams in the west where Froggen wouldn't be an upgrade, at least not in the short-mid term.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

hahahahahahahaha this will solve none of their problems

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Okay whew. I got worried about Dexter but it looks like he's only coming in as a sub.

Just like Tabbz is coming back as a sub.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Hai's "shotcalling" had him using his Frozen Tomb on Janna twice and Maokai once in their last three team fights at IEM; would it really that big of a loss?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That doesn't have as much to do with his job as shotcaller and more to do with him being an idiot.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Okay whew. I got worried about Dexter but it looks like he's only coming in as a sub.

Yeah, I think the point is to show that no-one on El is irreplaceable (apart from Froggen, Peace Be Upon Him). Also Elements changed their logo on twitter, it still doesn't look great imo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hypocrisy posted:

http://www.summoners-inn.de/de/news/26439-elements,-tsm-and-sk-gaming-wanted-tabzz,-elements-got-him

Elements is officially the best source for comedy in the LCS right now.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why the hell would Tabbz even want to be a sub for them?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Freaksaus posted:

Why the hell would Tabbz even want to be a sub for them?

because its quite clear that the getting is good for subs on EL right now. high chance of play time! If your choice is SK TSM or EL, you'd pick EL every time. SK isn't dropping FORGIVEN, he is their best player. TSM isn't dropping Wildturtle, he has too good a smile & is their primary initiator.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
You're not kidding - Turtle has the best smile in the game. Second place goes to Imp's "made Piglet cry" smile.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Jonny Angel posted:

You're not kidding - Turtle has the best smile in the game. Second place goes to Imp's "made Piglet cry" smile.

its that drat canadian healthcare system!!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny Angel posted:

Love this cutie

Anyone mind avving me with his face with the text underneath saying "You saw piglet cry right?"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Savage Cracker posted:

Yeah this is the issue and why I'd say C9 is one of the teams in the west where Froggen wouldn't be an upgrade, at least not in the short-mid term.

Can we even say Faker would be an upgrade? I say no, but Hai does need to be replaced.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Can we even say Faker would be an upgrade? I say no, but Hai does need to be replaced.

If you could get Faker on your team you'd just force everyone else to learn Korean. (To be fair I don't know who actually shotcalls on SKT since Mandu retired)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Can someone explain to me how Lucian had a 100% winrate at IEM? I love Lucian but after the last round of nerfs it feels like anything you'd want him for you'd just pick Graves or Corki for, and those two did terrible at IEM. I don't get it. :riot:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Savage Cracker posted:

If you could get Faker on your team you'd just force everyone else to learn Korean. (To be fair I don't know who actually shotcalls on SKT since Mandu retired)
Bengi, apparently, and Easyhoon does some when he plays. Can you make a comparison to Froggen and Piglet? They're both really great players who are just making GBS threads the bed because they don't know how to play with a team anymore.

Monathin posted:

Can someone explain to me how Lucian had a 100% winrate at IEM? I love Lucian but after the last round of nerfs it feels like anything you'd want him for you'd just pick Graves or Corki for, and those two did terrible at IEM. I don't get it. :riot:
Forgiven played in and stomped and then it was a target ban against him. It's a very Forgiven-type champion because he's a lane bully that has good mobility and Forgiven already has amazing positioning. It was also a focus in the TSM/YoE Wolves game too for...Some reason. That's still only 6 games the whole tournament he was involved in, and twice it was banned.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 17, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The answer to Corki is apparently to pick a tank or two that he can't kill after his Triforce power spike falls off and then outlast the midgame. Graves was only played by people who got eliminated early, it's not Graves' fault.

Sivir was the star Marksman at IEM. Lucian is still a very safe carry who can rush down towers faster than a Graves and I think he was used for fast-pushing when he was picked.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Monathin posted:

Lucian's fine once he gets out of lane. The nerf to him mostly effected his lane bullying with lightslinger procs, which isn't a big deal if you do 2v1 fastpush with him and once he gets ie/crit/bt he's a really good adc with great mobility.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

GE is the only team that has had a consistent roster for years, and part of the reason they play so well is their friendship. It's basically impossible for them to replace anyone on the roster and have the same sort of chemistry, so it looks like they just won't be competing on the international stage until they can find an even bigger earring for their mid laner.

I would like to point out that C9 has had the same roster since they showed up on the scene.

And I think that C9 are trying to transition Meteos into more of a shotcalling role when Hai goes on tilt (he said as much during a post game interview). I think that Hai could pretty easily find work as a coach, and be pretty good at that if his attitude adjusts a bit (and he moves away from being a bit of a troll). Balls needs somebody to work with him a bit to tighten up his game, as he's really streaky (same with Meteos). Sneaky is just flat out terrifying to lay against, even when they're behind. And lemon... is lemon.

Right now one of the problems (for Hai) is that midlane is very much a focus of the game. I feel like when it was more of a farm lane rather than assassin central, he does better because he can play safer.

Honestly I think one of the most terrifying teams to play against would be Dyrus, Sneaky, Kikis, Aphromoo and Power Of Evil.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol wtf Kikis is garbage

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

TSM plays Lucian and if you notice after Lane phase Turtle will go Top or Mid & wave clear with his ult & push towers, which Graves would be worse at. The dash is also up more reliably on Lucian which is useful for escaping Jarvan ult if he ever got caught. TSM does the same thing they do with Lucian with Sivir except with better wave clear thanks to the ricochet/Q. She just loses the escapability, but luckily Turtle is a god at spell shielding so it makes up for it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Hai seems like he'd be a decent support. He was really terrifying when people like Lulu were meta mid laners and he was the first guy to break out Soraka mid, but his non-Zed assassin play isn't good enough to compete with the current NA mid talent and most supportive mids are out of the meta these days. Lemon, however, is pretty decent, and either of them would make decent analysts or coaches (not necessarily for C9 though, given that historically we've seen players be bad coaches for people they played with. See: Dig Scarra).

C9 is also in a bind given that there isn't exactly a huge variety of mid/top talent available, is there? I guess Alex Ich could be a thing, and they have both foreign talent slots to use.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah I don't know why kikis and power of evil would be your top picks for their respective positions if you're trying to build a western superteam

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think role swapping people is almost always a bad idea and is the truest mark of desperation that identifies a totally failing team. The swapped person won't have the skills or competitive experience to excel in the other role, and they will only be playing against other people who have spent years and years doing that role. The only person I can think of pulling it off successfully is Aphromoo and it took him a really long time to put it all together. Most teams wouldn't have had that patience.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lightning Knight posted:

Hai seems like he'd be a decent support. He was really terrifying when people like Lulu were meta mid laners and he was the first guy to break out Soraka mid, but his non-Zed assassin play isn't good enough to compete with the current NA mid talent and most supportive mids are out of the meta these days. Lemon, however, is pretty decent, and either of them would make decent analysts or coaches (not necessarily for C9 though, given that historically we've seen players be bad coaches for people they played with. See: Dig Scarra).

C9 is also in a bind given that there isn't exactly a huge variety of mid/top talent available, is there? I guess Alex Ich could be a thing, and they have both foreign talent slots to use.

Top's a wasteland, but mid? Mid has talent to spare, both national and imported.

EDIT: Altec also looked good on Leona recently, Libertine. I'm not sure the roleswaps are always bad, tbqh. ADC to Support seems to work.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The Zuna Jungle

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Libertine posted:

I think role swapping people is almost always a bad idea and is the truest mark of desperation that identifies a totally failing team. The swapped person won't have the skills or competitive experience to excel in the other role, and they will only be playing against other people who have spent years and years doing that role. The only person I can think of pulling it off successfully is Aphromoo and it took him a really long time to put it all together. Most teams wouldn't have had that patience.

I think that it can be possible, honestly. Pro Player isn't just because you're skilled, usually it's a mindset, and that can be changed to deal with a different lane pretty easily, honestly. It may take longer than half a split to get them to be best in their role, but after a split or so they should be performing at a level equal to the others of their role.

EDIT: Altec has looked good on leona, but looking good on one champ does not mean much. We need to see him play other stuff before we know.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Transient People posted:

Top's a wasteland, but mid? Mid has talent to spare, both national and imported.

Who is available as competent mid-lane talent either in NA or willing to move to another country (no small undertaking for a bunch of kids who may or may not speak English)?

Edit: Other than Alex Ich, who is the first and only person who comes to mind for me.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Wasn't there the C9 Incarnation rumor since everyone expects his ban to be lifted and apparently he was talking to Charlie?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

Off the top of my head Yellowstar and Impact have been success stories as well. But yeah I agree roleswaps are generally poor, even when you ignore the ones made by CLG.

edit: And you could say moving Insec to toplane was succesful too because it allowed Kakao to take his place :v:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

henkman posted:

Yeah I don't know why kikis and power of evil would be your top picks for their respective positions if you're trying to build a western superteam

Kikis is because he's got a rediculously large champion pool and he's perfectly willing to experiment. Not everything works out but it's afforded UoL quite a bit of flexibility. And PoE is just a beast. Not the best, but certainly fairly capable.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Tabbz would be perfect in tsm, playmaking 2nd carry who knows how to gently caress poo poo up

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

Tabbz would be perfect in tsm, playmaking 2nd carry who knows how to gently caress poo poo up

TSM Piglet. Both his coach and support would be able to tell him not to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

IXIX posted:

Wasn't there the C9 Incarnation rumor since everyone expects his ban to be lifted and apparently he was talking to Charlie?

This would basically be the perfect person to get: someone who's completely dominant in soloqueue but who will be doing zero shot-calling. Then you let Meteos/Lemon/whoever be the caller.

• Locked thread