Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

all of the tuition increases have gone to administration too, so no matter how much money you throw at it the only thing it does is bloat the system instead of lowering tuition

i remember when i went to college, tuition was actually less than half the total cost. everything else was some kind of fee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

prefect posted:

i remember when i went to college, tuition was actually less than half the total cost. everything else was some kind of fee

Ticketmaster University

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
I had my full tuition covered but I still had to pay like $1200 per semester in "Student Fees" and then like 10k for "Room and Board" per year.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

I wish I had some foresight re: living on campus. i didn't think about living off campus because i didnt have a car, but with that 10k per year I could have gotten my own 1br apartment off campus and a decent car. oooops.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

College was fun excuse to live extravagantly on borrowed money, though. Kind of funny how parents encourage their kids to do it.

By extravagantly I just mean drinking, smoking, and having anonymous casual sex.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

yosmeet classic

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh man that's brilliant, Limmy is great

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
The Joy Of Tech

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

lol owned

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
correct use of a 3D printer

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

atomicthumbs posted:

excellent job, fur is a bitch to get right.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNc7zeXyz7o

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

interesting that you got the rabbit to hold still for long enough for the cage to be printed around it

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
bunnies don't always hop

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

same tho i was exempt from those due to pell grants

thx LSU for tryin to do an end run around state school tuition reqs

tuition there has literally doubled since i graduated in 2007 lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

I'm either the blue hat, the wonky painting or the caricature idk

pram
Jun 10, 2001
well I'm the big fat dorks. all of them

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm the hair-level grease stain on the wall

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I'm the black reebok sneakers.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tuition there has literally doubled since i graduated in 2007 lol

same but 2003 and quintupled

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kenny Logins posted:

i just finished ep 11 (the bike one) and although it's not "awful" exactly i can see where you're coming from

maybe it's just me but really dumb courtroom scenes are tired as hell. the north american justice system is actually broken and laughable without having to make it completely looney tunes

yeah we just finished the courtoom episode. i laughed, and didn't hate it, but it wasn't great

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i watched the first episode and i was done

its really bad

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

How do you want me to pay: grass, gas, or rear end? Cuz I got one of those.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Shaggar posted:

all of the tuition increases have gone to administration too, so no matter how much money you throw at it the only thing it does is bloat the system instead of lowering tuition

the total cost per credit to educate students has been flat when adjusted for inflation for decades. states lower funding and tuition jumps up proportionally because you can't just magically expect budgets to deflate overnight. college and universities used to employ armies of unskilled clerical staff to handle admissions and all the other internal bureaucracy stuff. computers came in an automated that mass of people out of a job and in their place are a bunch of computers and IT people who are classified as "administration" making somewhat more individually than the army of grunts were making before them, and the difference gets sucked up in hardware/energy costs and the disproportionally inflated salaries of middle/upper management. everyone should take issue with the last bit but higher ed isn't an idiot money burning factory that you keep making it out to be and the internal waste of higher ed, government, and private sector are all in line with each other when you look at organizations of comparable scale

BangersInMyKnickers fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 17, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the total cost per credit to educate students has been flat when adjusted for inflation for decades. states lower funding and tuition jumps up proportionally because you can't just magically expect budgets to deflate overnight. college and universities used to employ armies of unskilled clerical staff to handle admissions and all the other internal bureaucracy stuff. computers came in an automated that mass of people out of a job and in their place are a bunch of computers and IT people who are classified as "administration" making somewhat more than the army of grunts were making before them, and the difference gets sucked up in hardware/energy costs and the disproportionally inflated salaries of middle/upper management. everyone should take issue with the last bit but higher ed isn't an idiot money burning factory that you keep making it out to be and the internal waste of higher ed, government, and private sector are all in line with each other when you look at organizations of comparable scale

Hmm. maybe we should suck them off.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

this is pretty great :unsmith:

Bobby Gillespie took some of the Jesus and Mary Chain sound with him when he left

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

sportsball coaches and teams (not the players though!!) getting millions of dollars from poors and the govt

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the total cost per credit to educate students has been flat when adjusted for inflation for decades. states lower funding and tuition jumps up proportionally because you can't just magically expect budgets to deflate overnight. college and universities used to employ armies of unskilled clerical staff to handle admissions and all the other internal bureaucracy stuff. computers came in an automated that mass of people out of a job and in their place are a bunch of computers and IT people who are classified as "administration" making somewhat more individually than the army of grunts were making before them, and the difference gets sucked up in hardware/energy costs and the disproportionally inflated salaries of middle/upper management. everyone should take issue with the last bit but higher ed isn't an idiot money burning factory that you keep making it out to be and the internal waste of higher ed, government, and private sector are all in line with each other when you look at organizations of comparable scale

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

The president of my university was pulling in 300k and I don't think I ever remember him doing anything except giving a speech at graduation where his main idea was "The job market sucks right now, so even though most of you will remain underemployed you can atleast be proud of the fact that you earned a degree."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i crushed the poo poo outta the dean's hand when he handed me my paper at commencement

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

midwest schools are better than that. california/UC system is its own special weird deal and isn't exactly the best example to be pulling

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

axolotl farmer posted:

this is pretty great :unsmith:

Bobby Gillespie took some of the Jesus and Mary Chain sound with him when he left

i got to see primal scream down in dallas in like '99? xtrminator tour or whatever

kevin shields was playing guitar and he was terrible lol, fat hairy goon facing the drummer just fiddling with some really expensive rackmount delay boxes the whole show

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Chorrax posted:

The president of my university was pulling in 300k and I don't think I ever remember him doing anything except giving a speech at graduation where his main idea was "The job market sucks right now, so even though most of you will remain underemployed you can atleast be proud of the fact that you earned a degree."

the president is the guy who talks to all of the big donors when a frat on campus rapes and alcohol-poisonings its way to the front page. he pulls down big money for a reason.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the president is the guy who talks to all of the big donors when a frat on campus rapes and alcohol-poisonings its way to the front page. he pulls down big money for a reason.

We didn't have any frats, and we were also ranked like the 2nd safest campus in the USA. Talking like 4,000 students.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

He had also been a finance lawyer that was disbarred, but had the connections to get a sinecure position with the state university system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

My college experience was decent though. I wish more money went to faculty and less to administrators because many of my professors were brilliant and very committed.

• Locked thread