Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
This is the most excited I've been about an anticipated GW release since Cities of Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

AbusePuppy posted:

Anyone have any thoughts/links on how to do "irradiated wasteland" sort of bases for some dudes? I like the idea of a bunch of dudes slogging through some withered and mutated grasses, pools of radioactive slime, etc, but apart from water effects + ink for the sludge I'm not sure how to convey that. I'm thinking a green/brown/yellow camo scheme will fit it best, but I'm definitely still not fixed in that respect.

I did some of that kinda stuff for my death guard.

For some bases I covered a section of the base with a thick pool of PVA. When that dried I covered the area in PVA again and repeated it until I got the thickness right. The layers won't dry perfectly evenly and you will get a nice texture. I then painted it in a bright green and gave it a couple of hits of green wash

If you wanted to glue down a small hemisphere or small stone done before doing the PVA layers you can give it a cool bubble effect.

For other models I used lava bases and painted the lava as green sludge.

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 17, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Big Willy Style posted:

Ad Mech bitches

gently caress yes. I'm so glad it's really a thing. Now how much of my 30k admech can I bring into the 40k version, unless the local TO's ban it out of spite.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Welp there goes my hobby budget for a while. AdMech? Hold on one... Sec... :homebrew:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Maybe I can save money by not having to buy AdMech units from FW.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Mango Polo posted:

My bet is that they will be distinct units for the most part. Ghost hand talked about this earlier, but the last fw models that gw took to use in the main line were the valkyrie and trygon which annoyed the fw crew. I assume because it would have killed a heap of their sales, and mechanicus is 30k is super popular

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Big Willy Style posted:

My bet is that they will be distinct units for the most part. Ghost hand talked about this earlier, but the last fw models that gw took to use in the main line were the valkyrie and trygon which annoyed the fw crew. I assume because it would have killed a heap of their sales, and mechanicus is 30k is super popular

Equally, though, I imagine any Skitarii infantry type units would work as Ad-secularis Covenant count-as.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

To what book/source would I look for the most recent Lifta Droppa rules?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I imagine there'll still be a fair amount of cross-pollenation between 40k and 30k admech, and cheaper counts-as plastics will probably be pretty common. That being said, I might see an addition to my Valhallans if this stuff is as cool as the Forgeworld stuff. I was wondering what I'd do after painting up the Thunderbolt and finishing the Stormtroopers.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Fix posted:

To what book/source would I look for the most recent Lifta Droppa rules?

afaik the most recent (rubbish) rules are in the Dredd Mob pdf - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/Dred_Mob.pdf

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Zark the Damned posted:

afaik the most recent (rubbish) rules are in the Dredd Mob pdf - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/Dred_Mob.pdf

Thankyew.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Equally, though, I imagine any Skitarii infantry type units would work as Ad-secularis Covenant count-as.

Came here to say this- I hope the Skitarii plastics look decent since the ad-secularis just don't do it for me.

It's cool that my admech now have an official 40k army though. Though as Ghost Hand suggests they are going to be very different beasts. I wonder what kind of army they will be?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hope they have many skulls

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
gently caress between this and the sisters rumours I'm going to be expanding my imperial forces big loving time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lord Twisted posted:

gently caress between this and the sisters rumours I'm going to be expanding my imperial forces big loving time.

What Sisters rumors?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Night10194 posted:

What Sisters rumors?

Same as it ever was: "plastic sisters this year, honest"

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

PantsOptional posted:

Same as it ever was: "plastic sisters this year, honest"

:netanyahupointingtoaarmoredboobplatefilledtoninetypercent:

ANY DAY NOW

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sisters will be a boxed set with Scrunts

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Big Willy Style posted:

Ad Mech bitches

Don't know if anyone said yet - that it translates to "All hail Mars!"

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Sulecrist posted:

It translates to "all hail Mars!"

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Admech could be interesting.

Also FFG announced a new 40k board game - https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/17/forbidden-stars/ - getting a Starcraft vibe with the orders.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Zark the Damned posted:

Admech could be interesting.

Also FFG announced a new 40k board game - https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/17/forbidden-stars/ - getting a Starcraft vibe with the orders.

Looks to be about as close as we'll get to a new BFG/Epic.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Ghost Hand posted:

Don't know if anyone said yet - that it translates to "All hail Mars!""Oh god my wallet."

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Slimnoid posted:

Looks to be about as close as we'll get to a new BFG/Epic.

I do like that the ships and some army figs are basically tiny versions of actual GW figs, like the babby helbrute and reaver

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Mango Polo posted:

look at this optimism

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

Welp there goes my hobby budget for a while. AdMech? Hold on one... Sec... :homebrew:

Haha you were JUST talking about needing something to paint, too.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Hell yes ad mech.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Oops. Sigh. I'm terrible at the Internet.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Admech a la harlequins? Knights as heavy support.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 18, 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want loving plastic techmarines/librarians/chaplains that aren't mono-pose

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I just want loving plastic techmarines/librarians/chaplains that aren't mono-pose

I'm hoping for the same. Or really, even techmarines in a single pose in plastic would be great if it meant not having to deal with resin.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm trying to sell an epic Ork army and an Ork BFG fleet. If anyone's interested, send me a PM.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
putting together some death korps

ugh, gently caress my life

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Played a friendly game today against Hixson's Gaydar with a lame list of Belail plus Deathwing and Friends and even though I only lost 7 to 9, I realized why I love my Blood Angels and DA is garbage league.

But they looked so good as I removed them from the board in handfuls per round.

Also if you don't think Wave Serpents aren't crazy broken, get hosed.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.

Recoome posted:

I don't really like hams anymore but I'll talk about Tyrant's Legion and stuff because it's really one of the coolest armies Forge World put out, and really can be seen as the precursor to the 30K Legion lists you see today.

Yeah this is why I'm using them, I generally enjoy elite armies (inquisition/ Knights) but this is exactly the army I thought would be :krad:

So thanks a ton for the advice it gives me a good start and a direction to head to.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Picked up an assload of bitz from a guy on one of the Facebook 40K trade groups:

separated out this box of just terrain:

most of that stuff was in this box:

which also had many sheets of plain and textured (diamond plate, etc.) styrene

also this box of mostly sprues:

and this:

Will be busy this weekend just sorting through it! Lots of orky stuff, some Chaos stuff, a bit of Imperial stuff and lots and lots of stuff that will be great for basing and scatter terrain.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hah, bottom center of the last image has a bionicle sword.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
So apparently Khorne is getting his own codex supplement. Maybe each Chaos god will eventually get a treatment?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Isn't Khorne the most popular/most supported? I like red and gold and all that, but hopefully there's something for the other gods coming too.

Captain Invictus posted:

Hah, bottom center of the last image has a bionicle sword.

Yeah there's many bitz I can't identify! I've only been able to look at a couple of the sprues but one of them has the medieval guy running away that Forge World use in their pictures - definitely have to paint him up soon, just for kicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nurgle is the most popular. Something about being filthy, diseased ridden husks that the public want to avoid just appeals to hams i guess.

• Locked thread