Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

That is a loving crime. I would 100% watch people doing triple flip spin things at 7AM on a saturday on BTN.

Trampoline is so much more baller than water polo or golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DJExile posted:

That is a loving crime. I would 100% watch people doing triple flip spin things at 7AM on a saturday on BTN.

I'd appreciate Big Ten trampoline in the middle of the night when I get home from things. It'd be great. I'd watch it.

It could be the Big Ten's water polo.

I also want a MICHIGAN: TRAMPOLINE CHAMPS '69 retro-style t-shirt.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa invented the trampoline; you're welcome, y'all.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

All of our titles are real, posers :smugdog:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

MourningView posted:

Iowa invented the trampoline; you're welcome, y'all.

Move over Penn State, it looks like we have a new champion of child endangerment.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Someone invented the trampoline? I just figured they always existed, like chairs or doors or the wheel

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kittenmittons posted:

Move over Penn State, it looks like we have a new champion of child endangerment.

pansy rear end who puts a net around his trampoline spotted.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Everyone knows that equestrian is the only sport that matters.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

MourningView posted:

Pansy rear end who was never allowed to have a trampoline would be more accurate.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I really want to get this trampoline thing going, it'd be a natural rivalry between Michigan and Iowa. Plus, you could do both men's and women's trampoline, making it Title IX compliant.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Speaking of sports that our school of choice wins titles in, I'm making my annual attempt to get other people to care about college wrestling. Ya'll should go check out the NCAA Wrestling Championships thread over in the punchsport pagoda so I don't get lonely in there.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I used to go to summer camp in the Cheaha mountains of Alabama. They had nice rectangular trampolines built into the ground there. I used to love jumping on them & thought they were awesome until a camp-mate had his calf torn open on one of the springs and I got to see what calf muscles look like in real life. Yep.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

kittenmittons posted:

A rhythmic jumping noise.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Thoguh posted:

Speaking of sports that our school of choice wins titles in, I'm making my annual attempt to get other people to care about college wrestling. Ya'll should go check out the NCAA Wrestling Championships thread over in the punchsport pagoda so I don't get lonely in there.

You're going to lose to the school that gave us noted boring mma fighters Tyron Woodley and Ben Askren

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I used to go to summer camp in the Cheaha mountains of Alabama. They had nice rectangular trampolines built into the ground there. I used to love jumping on them & thought they were awesome until a camp-mate had his calf torn open on one of the springs and I got to see what calf muscles look like in real life. Yep.

Another example of how the Big Ten is gonna dominate the SEC in competitive trampoline/slamball.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Groucho Marxist posted:

You're going to lose to the school that gave us noted boring mma fighters Tyron Woodley and Ben Askren

A distinct possibility.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

Speaking of sports that our school of choice wins titles in

check your verb tense there, loser

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Another example of how the Big Ten is gonna dominate the SEC in competitive trampoline/slamball.

I miss you summer saturday morning ESPN2 slamball :smith:

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I played trampoline dodge ball on Friday and would love to have it be a college sport.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Watch AFV for ten minutes to find out why a trampoline puts you on the fast-track to medical bankruptcy.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

Watch AFV for ten minutes to find out why a trampoline puts you on the fast-track to medical bankruptcy.

This is the thinking of a uncoordinated coward.

I will allow nets around it only if they are used to stage elaborate cage matches with your friends that eventually involve doing the Macho Man Elbow on one of them from the top.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

This is the thinking of a uncoordinated coward.

I will allow nets around it only if they are used to stage elaborate cage matches with your friends that eventually involve doing the Macho Man Elbow on one of them from the top.

I love trampolines. The only time they spook me is in those SkyZone places where you can land half on a hard surface, half on the trampoline. Mostly because that guy had a gnarly open tib-fib fracture during that show about the trampoline basketball league (slamball, maybe?).

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I recently went into a Sam's Club as an adult for the first time recently and I was shocked at how cheap a trampoline is

LeeMajors posted:

I love trampolines. The only time they spook me is in those SkyZone places where you can land half on a hard surface, half on the trampoline. Mostly because that guy had a gnarly open tib-fib fracture during that show about the trampoline basketball league (slamball, maybe?).

It is slamball which much like Icarus flew too close to the sun

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
NCAA Slamball :unsmigghh:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Didn't TNN (now Spike) used to show Slamball and a monster truck show back-to-back? Maybe even with roller derby and ECW? I swear they had a block of insane sports programming for a while there when they rebranded from country music.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

NCAA Slamball :unsmigghh:

I basically need this combined with AND1 somehow.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Ehud posted:

how we supposed to play ourselves :confused:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05h49R4QX9U

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If you had a trampoline and didn't let Hulkamania run wild on your friends you were doing childhood wrong. Somewhere there exists video of me and a few of my cousins elaborately wrestling on our various neighborhood trampolines.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The scary part of trampolines wasn't falling off them, but rather it was getting your fingers snapped off in the springs if they got stuck in there, which is why someone invented the really lame elastic trampoline which only gave you like half the bounce of a good ol' fashioned one.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

If you had a trampoline and didn't let Hulkamania run wild on your friends you were doing childhood wrong. Somewhere there exists video of me and a few of my cousins elaborately wrestling on our various neighborhood trampolines.

We'd would just go up to the hay loft, which was probably more dangerous because one side was a 20 or 30 foot drop into a tractor or something.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
If anyone's not doing anything, the NCAA's appeal of the O'Bannon case is going on right now.

You can watch it live at: http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/media/view_video.php?pk_vid=0000007373

Or if you don't want to watch some CSPAN-level arguing, you can follow https://twitter.com/JonSolomonCBS on twitter, he's live-tweeting the bigger/more important points.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If we're talking about National Title Winning Teams You've Never Heard Of, let me just submit to you the majesty of Baylor Equestrian. Bears on Horses, bitch.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 17, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Denver University has 29 national championships.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Spiritus Nox posted:

If we're talking about National Title Winning Teams You've Never Heard Of, let me just submit to you the majesty of Baylor Equestrian. Bears on Horses, bitch.

I'd be pretty intimidated.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Emron posted:

All of our titles are real, posers :smugdog:

The sports that the claimed titles fall under are real, yes.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Jeremor posted:

Everyone knows that equestrian is the only sport that matters.

Beating you assholes in equestrian is like 90 percent as good as beating you at football.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Are you saying Piggly Wiggly isn't a real thing?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
3 football players for Morgan State were stabbed in a fight at a dining hall today. Yep.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The best part about owning a trampoline was double bouncing your friends and then giving them a little shove so that their momentum carried them off the trampoline entirely while they frantically tried to fight the laws of physics. Also covering them with dishwashing detergent and aiming a sprinkler at them while you bounce. Also also that one stupid friend that jumped off the roof onto the trampoline and ended up with broken bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NippleFloss posted:

Also covering them with dishwashing detergent and aiming a sprinkler at them while you bounce. Also also that one stupid friend that jumped off the roof onto the trampoline and ended up with broken bones.

A family friend visiting us for the summer was doing this and fractured his pelvic bone. We all laughed at him and said quit being a baby when he was crying. Then we picked him up and moved him inside and poo poo-talked him some more. Good times.

• Locked thread