Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

Dave's got a friend

this is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"He's really smart, and.....and evil!" is still the funniest thing I have ever heard

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

"He's really smart, and.....and evil!" is still the funniest thing I have ever heard

The White House later put out a press release saying this, but didn't credit Dave :mad:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

The White House later put out a press release saying this, but didn't credit Dave :mad:

God drat newz sites

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Today's MLW podcast revealed that Mr. Saint Laurent watches Girls, which is yet another reason to reflexively dislike him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: You have a friend.
Dave: I do have a friend.

I was standing at an ATM and could not stop giggling when I read this and thought about it again.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

From the latest retro observer, more fun hindsight:

quote:

"Michaels took one incredible bump early taking a backdrop over the top rope and cracking his lower back on the casket as he went over. He was really lucky he wasn't hurt on that one"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
hahahaha

I can't wait to read that, that show stank like hell. (edit, dave enjoyed it but admitted the crowd was dead)

edit: I love dave's clarity.

"Well, I'm thinking Tyson is the referee, Tyson does the correct thing as ref and also something happens that makes Tyson a face"

edit 2:

quote:

The finish of the show where Undertaker was burned came off as more of a special effect than bringing out any sympathetic emotion for Undertaker, although part of that was because many in the live audience could see Undertaker sneak out of side door of the coffin before the fire spot.

:allears:

quote:

The feeling after the camp is that Morley and Copeland are going to be major stars and get a huge push once they debut on television. They're internally called the two "blue chippers." The guys from the camp worked a Massachusetts Wrestling Alliance show on 1/10 in Plaistow, NH. Kurrgan vs. Shawn Stasiak was said to have been bad. Kurrgan looked bad, Stasiak was said to have had some problems but showed potential. Tiger Ali Singh showed good heel charisma in a pre-match interview although Mark Henry was two steps slow in everything they tried in their match. Steve Blackman looked impressive against Matt Bloom (who has worked on New England indies for Kowalski as The Mongolian), who moved well for his size and had good power moves

quote:

Rocky Maivia showed once again he's a genuine top star and given his level of experience and age, has the potential to be everything that was predicted of him when he started. Of the entire roster, he's the one most likely to turn the big three into the big four.

quote:

Maivia beat Johnson in 2:44 of a terrible match when Henry interfered, leading to Maivia using the uranage for the finish.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 17, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Austin's latest podcast apparently has him discussing the basics of ring psychology, and if it is at anything at all like his breakdown of the match with Rock at Wrestlemania 17 I'm sure it's going to be absolutely fascinating.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Austin is not sure if we've been to the moon. Unfortunately, the psychology thing is also just one question, its a question and answer show.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 17, 2015

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Timestamp?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

121:40 for supernatural question and moon talk.
30:15 for psychology. Pretty basic though, not really like his match commentary.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v55uCe2AdCg

Happy 3:17.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave dropping some more of his insider political knowledge on the Observer, maybe Rock IS his source on Putin!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Dave dropping some more of his insider political knowledge on the Observer, maybe Rock IS his source on Putin!

Look, I'm not saying Putin is an rear end in a top hat or anything, but after my source spoke to Putin he said Putin could "take his social skills, turn them sideways and stick it up his CANDY rear end". Y'know.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dave Meltzer posted:

"He's got friends in high places. Real high places. Like the highest of places"

Barack and Rock Connection

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I still think Dave's source on Putin is Putin himself, because of course it would be.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

I still think Dave's source on Putin is Putin himself, because of course it would be.

"I am very smart... AND EVIL!"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gonzo McFee posted:

It is what it is

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Putin is just working Dave, kayfabe is alive and well in Russia.

It would be awesome if Putin knew about Rusev and actually sent him a trophy along with a letter that strongly suggested he not lose to Cena at Wrestlemania.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Being evil, well, you know, *cough* that's just Putin's mentality

*smoke alarm beeps in the background*

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

81sidewinder posted:

Being evil, well, you know, *cough* that's just Putin's mentality

*smoke alarm beeps in the background*

Goddamnit I got beaten to this joke.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dave's continued burials of Raw are the best.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave's continued burials of Raw are the best.

When they were talking about the Battle Royal it really sounded like a TNA critique.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OctoberCountry posted:

Barack and Rock Connection

There's always that kinda bullshit story about Obama called The Rock to let him know that Osama Bin Laden was dead. What a weird phone call if real.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I imagine next to the red phone in the Presidents office there's an even bigger phone next to it that goes directly to The Rock.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

The best part of that Rock in Russia pic is him standing on the Cena shirt and hat.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

coconono posted:

There's always that kinda bullshit story about Obama called The Rock to let him know that Osama Bin Laden was dead. What a weird phone call if real.

I always just assumed Rock had a buddy high up in the military that told him before the rest of us but I hope it was Obama and I hope he was the first person Obama called

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Sometimes when I have sick gossip I'll think about which one of my friends wants to hear it first. I imagine this is the same kind of dynamic but with Barack Obama, The Rock and the death of Osama Bin Laden

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Man, sometimes it comes across how jaded Bryan and Dave are. That Rusev/Cena segment was awesome. The bad acting of the fake lawyer was fine because everyone knew he was supposed to be fake and was irrelevant. Cena and Rusev were so great though. They turned a "what" chant into a "USA" chant which is a pretty darn telling thing about how into the segment the crowd got. I'm not a huge Cena fan but he was great in this segment.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

PaybackJack posted:

Man, sometimes it comes across how jaded Bryan and Dave are. That Rusev/Cena segment was awesome. The bad acting of the fake lawyer was fine because everyone knew he was supposed to be fake and was irrelevant. Cena and Rusev were so great though. They turned a "what" chant into a "USA" chant which is a pretty darn telling thing about how into the segment the crowd got. I'm not a huge Cena fan but he was great in this segment.

I thought Cena and Rusev were both great but they effectively rendered Rusev's agreement to the match last week non-binding and then had him willfully sign the contract this week for no real reason. Didn't make any sense.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

PaybackJack posted:

I didn't think they were that hard on the segment? But maybe I'm misremembering. They just said the lawyer guy sucked which is true. He was funny because he sucked so bad, but it didn't help the build to the PPV to have a horrible actor out there causing Vince to have a meltdown and make the announcers bury the segment.

Other than that they said it was still an easy enough angle that it succeeded despite the lawyer.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Spermgod posted:

I thought Cena and Rusev were both great but they effectively rendered Rusev's agreement to the match last week non-binding and then had him willfully sign the contract this week for no real reason. Didn't make any sense.

Rusev never agreed to the match though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brony from Heel Town sounds exactly like someone who would call himself Brony

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Muddy Burphy posted:

Rusev never agreed to the match though.

Good point, it actually makes even less sense than I thought

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rusev is not some stupid American who wiggles out of a fight on technicalities.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Rusev shoulda signed a match with Ryder over the last week.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I think it's fine because Rusev clearly wants to beat up and make a fool out of John Cena given his actions last week and prior

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
RUSEV had every intention of of signing, but wanted to talk poo poo and make Cena squirm first. Not sure why it was so hard to follow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Going back but the latest Talkin Shop with Rob Conway is a great episode. The Goldberg stories had me dying.

"If I forget, call me hitting you with the Jackhammer"

"Sure Bill, just in case you forget your finish"

• Locked thread