Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

Okay but what if I have Infinite Reflection on Jushi Apprentice, then manifest a double faced card?

You have a colorless 2/2 manifest creature that is a copy of Jushi Apprentice face down. The copy effect applies in layer 1, before any of the effects that define its color, power/toughness, face down status, and text (the manifest text). You can turn it over into a Jushi Apprentice by paying 1U.

Once you turn it over it can't be turned face down again and can't be transformed but can be flipped.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm thinking of hitting up the DTK prerelease. I haven't done limited since, uh, Invasion? And I wasn't really good at it back then. I've read about BREAD and all that, but I'm looking at the DTK and FRF lists and not doing great at picking out the good/bad cards. Anyone have some pointers for me?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Aranan posted:

I'm thinking of hitting up the DTK prerelease. I haven't done limited since, uh, Invasion? And I wasn't really good at it back then. I've read about BREAD and all that, but I'm looking at the DTK and FRF lists and not doing great at picking out the good/bad cards. Anyone have some pointers for me?

The Limited Resources podcast is always great for set reviews and they are always tailored to limited and not constructed. I am behind on my podcasts so I don't know if they have done DTK yet or not.

These podcasts are LONG so I find them really good for the gym or when I am doing chores.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
LSV's doing a color-by-color breakdown of DTK for Limited on CFB; so far there's White and Blue with the rest to follow this week.

He did the same thing for FRF, and the Gold/Colorless article has links to the rest.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Has the part two of the "Broods"/Tarkir overview been posted? Ojutai and Silumgar were neat, but they are literally the least interesting dragons to me at this point...

Probably because they're blue.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

The Limited Resources podcast is always great for set reviews and they are always tailored to limited and not constructed. I am behind on my podcasts so I don't know if they have done DTK yet or not.

These podcasts are LONG so I find them really good for the gym or when I am doing chores.

Dragons set review should be out on Thursday. Well, uncommons and commons at least. Rares and Mythics will be the week after.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

redstormpopcorn posted:

LSV's doing a color-by-color breakdown of DTK for Limited on CFB; so far there's White and Blue with the rest to follow this week.

He did the same thing for FRF, and the Gold/Colorless article has links to the rest.

LSV's been doing these set reviews since what, Shards of Alara? The trick is to know when he's making a joke about his weird obsession with making Goblinslide work.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Gensuki posted:

Has the part two of the "Broods"/Tarkir overview been posted? Ojutai and Silumgar were neat, but they are literally the least interesting dragons to me at this point...

Probably because they're blue.

The planeswalkers guide? It should be out tomorrow morning. Maro is mondays, the flavor articles come out wed, and development is Fridays. And those are the only things I read on the mothership.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

odiv posted:

Kind of annoying that the double faced cards came about only after almost everyone was using sleeves.

I don't get what you're saying. One of the reasons that Wizards allowed themselves to print DFCs was that most people use sleeves. If everyone uses sleeves, then some of the issues with DFCs are mitigated.

Applebees fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 18, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I got to say, after making a morph Animar deck for Tiny Leaders, I can actually say I'm excited for megamorph. In that format, it's perfectly costed to be useful and interesting without being needlessly powerful or underwhelming.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
What CMC 3 Morphs in RUG are worth playing?

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Rimusutera posted:

What CMC 3 Morphs in RUG are worth playing?

Worth playing in limited? All of them, basically. The red common ones are not so great but still playable.

In constructed? I think none, but I'm not really sure.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
He's asking about the Animar deck, where you can cast morphs for free after you get 3 counters going.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Isnt the only morphs available in TL Proteus Machine and Zoetic Cavern? Or am I not searching properly?

Or is :thejoke:?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Bugsy posted:

Isnt the only morphs available in TL Proteus Machine and Zoetic Cavern? Or am I not searching properly?

You seem to only be searching colorless cards. There are forty-six legal morphs that can be used in a RUG Tiny Leader deck, not counting the new ones from DTK.

e: Okay slightly fewer than 46 because my search also hits things like Backslide and Hydromorph Guardian, but close enough.

Lottery of Babylon fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 18, 2015

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Bugsy posted:

Given that you seem to have missed all the cards that cost some amount of coloured mana, I'm going to go with "not searching properly".

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Bugsy posted:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+[morph]&cmc=+%3C=[3]&color=+![W]+![B]

This is what you want, I think.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Damnit, I put mc<=3 not CMC<=3. :saddowns:.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

whydirt posted:

He's asking about the Animar deck, where you can cast morphs for free after you get 3 counters going.

Don't play Morphing Time Animar even though it's called Morphing Time. Playing a Morph doesn't draw a card or generate mana. Cards and mana mean you get to play more things and make Animar huger, which is much more important in the long run than One Elemental's Weird Trick (Cartel Aristocrats hate him!).

That said, utility morphs are still useful. Willbender and Ainok Survivalist can be flipped face up to protect Animar while also still giving a counter when played facedown. The problem comes when the morphs don't do much of anything besides cost 3 and are played at the exclusion of things like Sakura-Tribe Elder or Man-o-War or Trinket Mage, who provide sweet, sweet advantage.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Just play all the XG, XGG, XGGG and XRG Hydras you can find. That's the Animar Tiny Leaders deck.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

But Morphing Time Animar sounds fantastic.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Lottery of Babylon posted:

You seem to only be searching colorless cards. There are forty-six legal morphs that can be used in a RUG Tiny Leader deck, not counting the new ones from DTK.

e: Okay slightly fewer than 46 because my search also hits things like Backslide and Hydromorph Guardian, but close enough.

Just a small quibble but a couple of those aren't actually morph creatures, just cards with morph in their name (Like Terramorphic Expanse).

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
just fyi, Knights of new Alara are loving hilarious in triple reborn.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ramos posted:

I got to say, after making a morph Animar deck for Tiny Leaders, I can actually say I'm excited for megamorph. In that format, it's perfectly costed to be useful and interesting without being needlessly powerful or underwhelming.

Tell me you run Dream Chisel. :allears: (and that new DTK enchantment that can flip itself face down).

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Ahaha Vintage Super League just had the most ridiculous match. LSV just totally luck sacked Eric Froelich. Games two and three Eric couldn't mulligan to Bazaar on dredge to save his life.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Were there ever any cool decks that used Quicken?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

goferchan posted:

Were there ever any cool decks that used Quicken?

I mean, "cool is subjective," but Ivan Floch's PT winning Sphinx's Revelation deck with no win conditions in it had Quicken in it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Quickened Verdicts was really dumb, guys.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Usually on divination or the gently caress you instant Verdict because only scuba wrath on their own turn.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

:getin:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Modern 8-Rack is not a fun deck to lose to or really play against at all.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

How do you win?

HOW DO YOU WIN???

IVAAAAAN!

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

You're a horrible horrible person.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I had to look up Learn from the Past :stare:. Anticipate really is the best thing ever to happen to standard isn't it? Looking forward to another 2 years of people griping about control :D.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

ShadeofBlue posted:

I had to look up Learn from the Past :stare:. Anticipate really is the best thing ever to happen to standard isn't it? Looking forward to another 2 years of people griping about control :D.

Anticipate is really, really good IMO (though understandably people would prefer Impulse). Control probably doesn't like it as much as Tempo/Combo decks, though.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

ShadeofBlue posted:

18 Months is how long a set stays legal in the new Standard Rotation. :goonsay:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Cernunnos posted:

18 Months is how long a set stays legal in the new Standard Rotation. :goonsay:

That seems perfectly fine, actually, I wouldn't mind [The Dumb Degenerate Card In The Set] having a life expectancy of a year and a half.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

I have a feeling this won't work quite as well as eventually being able to Sphinx your whole deck every turn.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
What are the other 5 lands? Temples and what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

bhsman posted:

Anticipate is really, really good IMO (though understandably people would prefer Impulse). Control probably doesn't like it as much as Tempo/Combo decks, though.

Anticipate being good doesn't fix control not being that good, unfortunately. If it fueled Delve for Dig Through Time....

In other news, I lost to a guy with 2 cards left in his deck, me with an Ashiok out and he cast Rally the Ancestors, X=4 with 3 Purphoros, 4 Siege Rhino and about 6 other critters in his graveyard. gently caress.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 18, 2015

• Locked thread