Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Venom Snake posted:

There is probably some super massive NSA server under a mountain that has the entire internet on it. So the aliens can find it 10,000 years from now and marvel at humanities simultaneous greatest and worst achievement.

"This one mans stretched anus is everywhere in this primitive data storage device"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “I’m looking forward to McConnell shoving his fist up Obama’s rear end. Although, he will, no doubt, like it.” ~ Jim Dornan, national field director of the Ben Carson Presidential exploratory committee.

Which one?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “I’m looking forward to McConnell shoving his fist up Obama’s rear end. Although, he will, no doubt, like it.” ~ Jim Dornan, national field director of the Ben Carson Presidential exploratory committee.

Did they recruit this guy off of freep or what?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Venom Snake posted:

The Carson campaign is so much funnier than the Cain one. Carson is actually legit serious and it's magical.

Legit serious in what sense? He isn't a loving clown like say Trump or Cain but he shouldn't be taken any more seriously as say Santorum as either a candidate or a person that you can rely on to not to say incredibly dumb and offensive poo poo if you give him enough rope.`

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Three Olives posted:

Legit serious in what sense? He isn't a loving clown like say Trump or Cain but he shouldn't be taken any more seriously as say Santorum as either a candidate or a person that you can rely on to not to say incredibly dumb and offensive poo poo if you give him enough rope.`

Carson is very popular amongst the base and will probably be a serious contender, in the sense he (attempts to) act serious but is a total joke.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

Carson is very popular amongst the base and will probably be a serious contender, in the sense he (attempts to) act serious but is a total joke.

No he isn't, he's their black doctor friend that says Obama and Obamacare sucks. Obviously he is a gifted neurosurgeon but he has repeatedly show that that skill doesn't translate into anything involving serious public or global policy, not even involving medicine and he will be thrown under the bus the second he gets in front of enough microphones not wielded by conservatives sucking him off for being a black Obama hating doctor to say some more stupid poo poo and reveal that he will gladly open his mouth and talk on length about things he has no loving clue about.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Joementum posted:

I know I'm repeating myself but

:captainpop:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Carson might seem like a joke candidate, but I'll have everyone know that I've seen two separate Carson 2016 bumper stickers so he's a strong contender in the Republican primary.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

site posted:

Do they literally have stuff vaulted off and protected to last centuries? I always imagined it was just a big rear end library lol

Library of Congress and National Archives holdings includes duplicates of all sorts of stuff across most major cities and metro areas, as well as dedicated high value storage in places like the various old emergency government headquarters locations. This goes especially for their digitization projects and web archiving poo poo, because it's easy as hell to have massively redundant data storage.

Like yeah, the LOC copyright holdings for random books only have a few or even one physical copy in DC, but everything else would be fine.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

lmao

Nintendo Kid posted:

Library of Congress and National Archives holdings includes duplicates of all sorts of stuff across most major cities and metro areas, as well as dedicated high value storage in places like the various old emergency government headquarters locations. This goes especially for their digitization projects and web archiving poo poo, because it's easy as hell to have massively redundant data storage.

Like yeah, the LOC copyright holdings for random books only have a few or even one physical copy in DC, but everything else would be fine.
Oh wow, I'm impressed any part of government is that forward-thinking. That's pretty cool! Thanks :)

site fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 18, 2015

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Carson might seem like a joke candidate, but I'll have everyone know that I've seen two separate Carson 2016 bumper stickers so he's a strong contender in the Republican primary.

Is it on record yet whether or not he knows the name of the President of Uzbeki-beki-stan-stan?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Joementum posted:

Ffffft, that droopy heap of curds couldn't shove his fist in a wool mitten without degloving himself like a boiled tomato.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile, in the Iowa legislature today, Rep. Ross Paustian, age 59, attends the debate on teacher collective bargaining.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

Meanwhile, in the Iowa legislature today, Rep. Ross Paustian, age 59, attends the debate on teacher collective bargaining.

:bravo:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Joementum posted:

HE ISN'T EVEN 60! :kratos:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Everblight posted:

There's one legislator who prepares for the battles he has yet to fight, instead of the ones he has already fought and lost. I salute him.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

All that means is it's going to be another loving circus, Carson has show time after time that he has no political experience and half the time he opens his mouth he says something stupid. Sure, he will probably be a contender but Newt Gingrich was a contender too, it doesn't mean he has to be treated like anything more than another circus side show.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Everblight posted:

He's doing it for the ladies.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Three Olives posted:

All that means is it's going to be another loving circus, Carson has show time after time that he has no political experience and half the time he opens his mouth he says something stupid. Sure, he will probably be a contender but Newt Gingrich was a contender too, it doesn't mean he has to be treated like anything more than another circus side show.

If you're going to post polls from that election, at least post the best thing that's ever come of them.

:nws: http://mepler.com/Grand-Old-Party :nws:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Three Olives posted:

All that means is it's going to be another loving circus
It's depressing that this is the thing I look forward to most in 2016.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Joementum posted:

I'd always suspected that McConnell would be into fisting...

Nintendo Kid posted:

Wow, for once a Fishmech :spergin: post that actually provides interesting info.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Of course Santorum's line is brown.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Carson is like the GOPs 4th or 5th token, their base doesn't want a one of them as MVP.

Also does the Library of Congress/National Archives have a account for when the Great Paywall goes up? What kind of paper work was done asking for a $10 account + plat?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "The one thing that puzzled me, the New York Times had a story about how he redecorated his office to look like 'Downton Abbey,' but all I saw were pictures of like Ulysses S. Grant. It's obviously sort of disjunctive in my mind. There were all these pictures of Republican presidents. I don't know what they were doing in 'Downton Abbey.' I suppose you could say, from a certain angle, Herbert Hoover does look a little bit like Maggie Smith depending on the light, but nobody could have been Ulysses S. Grant." ~ Barney Frank, on Aaron Schock's decorating skills.

For reference:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Seems pretty spurious. How many yard signs have you seen?

I've actually seen both a home made Ted Cruz bumper sticker and, as far as I can tell, a completely unrelated Ted Cruz yard sign.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "The one thing that puzzled me, the New York Times had a story about how he redecorated his office to look like 'Downton Abbey,' but all I saw were pictures of like Ulysses S. Grant. It's obviously sort of disjunctive in my mind. There were all these pictures of Republican presidents. I don't know what they were doing in 'Downton Abbey.' I suppose you could say, from a certain angle, Herbert Hoover does look a little bit like Maggie Smith depending on the light, but nobody could have been Ulysses S. Grant." ~ Barney Frank, on Aaron Schock's decorating skills.

For reference:

He's not wrong.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

quote:

Donald Trump will launch a presidential exploratory committee Wednesday, the eve of the business mogul’s return to New Hampshire.

A senior adviser tells the New Hampshire Union Leader that Trump will not be renewing his contract with NBC for the reality television “Apprentice” series.

Combined with staff hires, Trump’s announcement that he will form an exploratory committee for the first time is a sign the billionaire is seriously considering running for the Republican nomination.

Trump’s statement on forming the exploratory committee hints at the razzle-dazzle to come for a turbo-charged personality known for skewering the political establishment.
He refers to politicians who are “all talk and no action,” his tremendous business success, and how he is “the only one who can make America truly great again!”

Job creation, improving manufacturing, border security, rebuilding infrastructure, strengthening the military and local control of education are some of Trump’s priorities, according to his forthcoming announcement.

Trump has flirted with running for President before, but his moves ahead of 2016 are far more concrete.

He has a team of political advisers based in New York and he has hired staff in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Senior political adviser Corey Lewandowski, who is a Granite Stater, was hired in February.

Lewandowski cited Trump’s vision and leadership and called him a problem-solver.

According to Lewandowski, “Apprentice” producer Mark Burnett personally called Trump to offer another season of the “Apprentice” but Trump turned him down.
“Nobody in the history of television has turned down a renewal,” Lewandowski said in a phone interview with the Union Leader. “But Mr. Trump can do that.”

Trump visits New Hampshire on Thursday to meet with a group of local veterans and business owners. He is scheduled to speak to the media before a 5:30 p.m. reception at the home of state Rep. Steve Stepanek, R-Amherst.

Trump is also one of the confirmed possible presidential hopefuls to speak at the New Hampshire Republican Party’s “First in the Nation” Republican Leadership Summit being held in Nashua on April 17-18.

:allears:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

The White House is removing a federal regulation that subjects its Office of Administration to the Freedom of Information Act

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This just means they got tired of typing out "Executive privilege, bitches" every time a request came in. The White House has always claimed FOIA doesn't apply to those records and has always gotten away with it.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

hobbesmaster posted:

This just means they got tired of typing out "Executive privilege, bitches" every time a request came in. The White House has always claimed FOIA doesn't apply to those records and has always gotten away with it.

I figured that's what it amounted to. I'm expecting the right wing to freak the gently caress out about it, and then exploit the gently caress out of it once they (eventually) get elected

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

blunt for century posted:

I figured that's what it amounted to. I'm expecting the right wing to freak the gently caress out about it, and then exploit the gently caress out of it once they (eventually) get elected

They will do that with anything and everything.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah. :smith:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

FAUXTON posted:

I think that's pretty much the story of any perceived expansion of executive power and the party currently not holding the presidency though.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Good Citizen posted:

I think that's pretty much the story of any perceived expansion of executive power and the party currently not holding the presidency though.

Just like the GOP's reaction to the filibuster thing

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is there any hope to this year?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Grouchio posted:

Is there any hope to this year?

Depends on who you like in sports. Cubs fans, for instance, see the world through a hope lens that no other human being can possibly fathom.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So Netenyahu looks to be remaining PM of Israel. But not through coalition building and the winning left failing to assemble one like expected; it appears his going far-right in the last week managed to pull a 9% swing for Likud, pulling in supporters from the smaller right parties and working for GOTV. He will have a bigger majority this go-round than last time

Which would not, strictly speaking, be American news, except for the fact that as part of that he officially and specifically renounced the 2 state solution and said he would not allow that while he was PM. Which is flat contrary to American diplomatic aims for 41 years. So that will make for some interesting times ahead there.

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 18, 2015

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Gyges posted:

Cubs fans, for instance, see the world through a hope lens that no other human being can possibly fathom.

Its the only reason I get out of bed in the morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiErDCyKwiU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
e: not chat thread

• Locked thread