Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

This is The Pokemon Company/Game Freak. Nintendo has very little involvement here aside from being lifelong exclusives outside of mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Nintendo outright owns the Pokémon Company.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

less laughter posted:

The own The Pokemon Company the same way Google owns YouTube. They exist as separate factions.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

less laughter posted:

The Pokemon Company is co-owned by Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The whole franchise is kinda weird in how many companies are chiefly involved with it at once.

Also, the eShop is set to join the IARC, which will mean less waiting times for worldwide classifications.

edit: Someone on neogaf actually did a writeup on the whole pokemon thing recently, if you want to go more in-depth.

edit2: Very timely, looks like we're getting yet another Pokemon Rumble game. One of the mobile games, perhaps?

Champeenship fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 17, 2015

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

"Pokemon Rumble World" is listed as multiplatform so it being one of the first games for this announcement makes sense. It could be Wii U/3DS or it could be a mobile game that is also available on PC. They are obviously going to launch with their IP that sell the most, and that's Mario and Pokemon.

And elf help book, I was just making conversation. I care because I'm genuinely excited about this move and I was wondering what people here thought about when it was likely to happen. Given the comments, I'm inclined to agree that we probably won't see more until E3, though that's still a bit of a ways off so there could possibly be a Nintendo Direct in the meantime that launches the first game.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Pretty much all games are listed as multiplatform on the ACB, so that doesn't actually mean anything. It's stupidly costly to get rated, so better to get rated once than potentially have to get rerated later down the line.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
whens the Vita Pokemon game?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The Lobster posted:

"Pokemon Rumble World" is listed as multiplatform so it being one of the first games for this announcement makes sense. It could be Wii U/3DS or it could be a mobile game that is also available on PC. They are obviously going to launch with their IP that sell the most, and that's Mario and Pokemon.

And elf help book, I was just making conversation. I care because I'm genuinely excited about this move and I was wondering what people here thought about when it was likely to happen. Given the comments, I'm inclined to agree that we probably won't see more until E3, though that's still a bit of a ways off so there could possibly be a Nintendo Direct in the meantime that launches the first game.

Pokemon Rumble is a series so it could totally be a multi platform game given its name.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No one has ever liked Pokemon Rumble

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Champeenship posted:

Pretty much all games are listed as multiplatform on the ACB, so that doesn't actually mean anything. It's stupidly costly to get rated, so better to get rated once than potentially have to get rerated later down the line.

I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing!

greatn posted:

No one has ever liked Pokemon Rumble

I like Pokemon Rumble.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Every single game dena puts out is some reskinned grindy gatcha trash game with a popular license and people are apparently stupid enough to keep spending money on them.

Dark days ahead indeed...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
JP eShop update: Wii U is getting Sin & Punishment 2 next week, as well as both versions of Megaman Battle Network 4.

I can't post the preview videos right now but the 3DS eShop got a bunch of new themes today, including two new Sega hardware themes (Dreamcast and SG-1000) a bunch of Ace Attorney themes and a Blazblue theme.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

JP eShop update: Wii U is getting Sin & Punishment 2 next week, as well as both versions of Megaman Battle Network 4.

Ohh boy. Didn't Blue Moon have some serious loving glitch in the Woodman scenario.

And I want console themes here in the US. We probably wouldn't get the amazing looking Mega Drive or JP Saturn ones but I want something at least.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan has a few more Club Nintendo rewards, too:

Brick Block / Fire Flower / Bob-omb rubber drink coasters (90x90x4mm) - 150 Points each, available late April
Nikki 3DS Menu Theme - 10 Points, available late April
Badge Center 5-play ticker - 20 Points, available late April
Club Nintendo 2016 Calendar - 70 Points, available May
Super Mario Decorating Tape 3-Pack - 200 Points, available May
Donkey Kong / Rosalina / Splatoon hand towels - 120 Points each, available May

They also posted the track listing to the 2-disc Nintendo Sound Selection OST - it's not a compilation or repackaging as some people thought; it's actually a collection of ending tunes and staff role themes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I really wonder if they got the WoodMan scenario working on Blue Moon for Wii U.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Brick Block / Fire Flower / Bob-omb rubber drink coasters (90x90x4mm) - 150 Points each, available late April

They also posted the track listing to the 2-disc Nintendo Sound Selection OST - it's not a compilation or repackaging as some people thought; it's actually a collection of ending tunes and staff role themes.

I straight up hate Japan now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't post the preview videos right now but the 3DS eShop got a bunch of new themes today, including two new Sega hardware themes (Dreamcast and SG-1000) a bunch of Ace Attorney themes and a Blazblue theme.

Whoa wait what, a Dreamcast theme????

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want Rosalina to dry my hands.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Nikki a real person

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I don't need a Dreamcast theme, I still have two working VMUs.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The Dreamcast theme has the disc grind sound lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

The Dreamcast theme has the disc grind sound lol

are you making GBS threads me, I need this now

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

MinibarMatchman posted:

It even has the lovely fan noise

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

From the 3DS thread:

Champeenship posted:

Edit: And now they've posted the recording process on twitter.

https://twitter.com/okunari/status/578011777096511488

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bonus points for using a Dreamcast that belonged to a heavy smoker.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this is priceless, I hope NA gets this crazy poo poo

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Bonus points for using a Dreamcast that belonged to a heavy smoker.

It's Japan. Everyone is a heavy smoker.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Here's the video from Sega's Youtube channel

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!

I'm going to buy this and the loving Master system one the second they're out in North America.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They have six hardware themes (Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, Mark III, Master System, SG-1000) plus a game center theme, a Space Harrier theme and a Fantasy Zone theme. Some of them are so JP-specific that I doubt we'll get them over here, at least not individually. It's also kinda odd that they went so hard on the 8-bit stuff.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Surprised no one has mentioned the high pitched beep of a VMU with a dead battery. Memories :allears:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
How do I get the free tracks in Theatrhythm? Or did Squenix put the SpotPass Announcement up before actually putting the free tracks up?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They'll go live in around 12 hours.

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
What do people think are the chances of them adding new items to the Stars Catalogue on Club Nintendo (UK)? I have enough for the Mario hat but that's stupid and I want something else. But I don't want to forego the opportunity to get the hat over nothing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

saltyslug posted:

What do people think are the chances of them adding new items to the Stars Catalogue on Club Nintendo (UK)? I have enough for the Mario hat but that's stupid and I want something else. But I don't want to forego the opportunity to get the hat over nothing.
Probably very slim, although who knows. They did add a Link Between Worlds soundtrack not too long ago, and I think something else recently too? I was able to unload 4500 stars on the LBW soundtrack at least, but I still have a ton left with nothing to spend them on really. I might just get some Wii points cards and buy something with them on the Wii VC which I can then upgrade on the WiiU VC. I wish we got games like NA and JP did.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

If anyone does have stars they don't really know what to do with, I'd probably be kind of interested in buying a 300 Wii points code from someone since I'm sitting on 700 points and want to empty my Shop Channel points on a N64 game before I system transfer.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

KennyMan666 posted:

If anyone does have stars they don't really know what to do with, I'd probably be kind of interested in buying a 300 Wii points code from someone since I'm sitting on 700 points and want to empty my Shop Channel points on a N64 game before I system transfer.
When you system transfer, it will also transfer the balance on your Wii Shop account. You can access it by going to vWii mode on the WiiU. That's what I did, I had points left so I bought a couple of games on the vWii Shop Channel then paid the upgrade price on the WiiU eShop.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm fully aware of that. I have reasons.

I have zero interest in buying something on the Wii Shop Channel that I can buy on the eShop directly, either.

And, well, even if I system transfer before emptying the account, it still doesn't change the fact that none of the permutations of point values I can actually buy directly will get me to the amount I want to reach. At least I have not seen anywhere that sells points in amounts lower than 1000 except for the Club Nintendo shop.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 19, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

KennyMan666 posted:

I have zero interest in buying something on the Wii Shop Channel that I can buy on the eShop directly, either.

You may end up saving money (at least in terms of what you spend out of pocket right now; obviously the 700 points you're sitting on now came from somewhere) by buying something on the Wii Shop Channel and then turning around and spending the $1.00/$1.50 to upgrade to a Wii U eShop version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there any way to somehow trade $5 Amazon for $5 eShop