Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
After a disheartening opening day loss against art i have now won nine straight, sweeping nasboat and jeff in the process

:awesomelon: :coolfish: :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Hey I've got three motherfuckers on the 60 day already way to go team

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=69527275&pbp=0

Alright I loving quit

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
:stare:

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
someone fuckin trade with me for cripes sake

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

You're killin' me with the outbidding on this IFA, operaterp. Stop!

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

ArtVandelay posted:

You're killin' me with the outbidding on this IFA, operaterp. Stop!

You know what you have to bid to beat him. ;)

Just like I got outbid for him. :smith:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Tavarin posted:

You know what you have to bid to beat him. ;)

Just like I got outbid for him. :smith:

I'm about to give this guy #1 money when he's really a #2. But with 12mil in scouting, I doubt I see anyone else this good (boy was that not true last season though)

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
You don't have to pay him if you don't think he's worth it

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

ThatsMyBoye posted:

You don't have to pay him if you don't think he's worth it

Art.txt

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress you forver, HBD

100 god drat loving health

One hundred

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I've kind of wanted to blow this thing up for a few seasons now and I'm even more tempted to now

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

should've invested in the 21 million medical program!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Atheistdeals.com posted:

should've invested in the 21 million medical program!

Totally worthless without at least 22 million in training

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

AlleyViper posted:

gently caress you forver, HBD

100 god drat loving health

One hundred

All this does is make me like the never skip a starter plan that Nasboat and I adhere too.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Scrotos posted:

All this does is make me like the never skip a starter plan that Nasboat and I adhere too.

5 SPs for the regular season, 2 of them who never have to pitch in a meaningful post-season game

works like a charm

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I've been rolling with 7 SPs for multiple seasons now, doesn't mean poo poo for injuries

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
That blows AV :(

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

Pat Sweeney sends his condolences

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I accidentally killed Sean Priest. Welcome to pitcher injury season.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So I'm just pissed all-around at WIS right now. I just won the WS in Mordecai a couple of days ago and instead of receiving the 5,250 reward points I should have received, I instead got a $24.95 HBD credit. I submitted a ticket and they replied that a transferred team or a team that was purchased with rewards points will receive credits instead of rewards points.

Okay, whatever, I just would have used the rewards points for more HBD more than likely, except that $24.95 does not equate to 5,250 points. The latter gets you a season+ of HBD for instance. But on top of that, I got $25.00 for being the WS runner-up in Dimaggio and Zimmer. Because I used rewards points to purchase my Mordecai team I am actually receiving less in prizes than teams that lost the WS.

I eagerly await them responding to my ticket reply by saying that's just how it works.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Devo posted:

I accidentally killed Sean Priest. Welcome to pitcher injury season.

Lewis Stammen going out for ~10 days taught me that if I have a major pitching injury this season I'm mondo hosed since Rubby James is in my rotation now. I had to have Todd Hutchinson make a spot start :x

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I've been leading on Conseco for almost 4 whole days. Not sure what he's waiting on.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ArtVandelay posted:

I've been leading on Conseco for almost 4 whole days. Not sure what he's waiting on.

Perhaps a brighter future

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

the sweet release of death

maybe he's hoping WIS will cease to exist if he holds out long enough

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
He just doesn't want to be traded to nasboat in three seasons

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gardenald posted:

He just doesn't want to be traded to nasboat in three seasons

any fake player should be happy to play for such a well-run organization as mine

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

nasboat posted:

any fake player should be happy to play for such a well-run organization as mine

I think you just called art's feeder organization well-run

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

I think you just called art's feeder organization well-run

It's true, I am Wad.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Godspeed, Erick Duran. You helped kill Art's rebuild and won a WS with me, so I'll love you forever.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

It's true, I am Wad.

When you change stadiums again next year you should just go for it and be the Kansas City Athletics

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I really like this trade for Buffalo~

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

He finally signed! His stamina is lower than I saw, as his right split. He's still pretty good, but probably not even #2 material.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Power of Pecota posted:

I really like this trade for Buffalo~

Depends if Duran keeps declining in-season or if that spring training thing was a one time blip this season

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Devo posted:

Depends if Duran keeps declining in-season or if that spring training thing was a one time blip this season

My assumption is he won't lose much of anything else this year, then will take more frequent hits starting next season, which is how it happened with Mendoza.

With his skill set, he should still be good for the next 2-3 seasons, and with Buffalo looking to make a run with Cleveland vulnerable and all his guys up, I think it makes sense for both sides.

Also the sleeper part of this is Duvall, who gives them a legit bullpen workhorse and a clear upgrade over Bill Worthington.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Tom Jakubauskas has given up 10% of my team's runs in 2% of its innings.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Welp I should have held on to Larry Haynes, judging by the young Rubby James putting up a 9.35 ERA so far.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So this is a thing:

quote:

It's designed that way - rewards from a season that was received via reward points cannot be for more than the initial reward. Therefore a HBD season from the rewards center cannot award more than a single season's worth. You still receive enough to cover a full season though.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

AlleyViper posted:

So this is a thing:

Basically they want to force people to pay eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

And yet you can get on the SLB merry go round and keep banging out cookie teams to kill ToCs in perpetuity

• Locked thread