Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

chicka-chickaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

JakeP posted:

de bow bow

You've lost your mind. You've lost your god damned mind.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Mac: If we've lost our jobs, then that means we've lost our health insurance. That means all of this was for nothing! Goddammit, dude, I am having a panic attack. I am actually having a panic attack.
Charlie: Well, will you settle down and have a another cup of coffee?
Mac: I am, bro.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Gonna use the spoiler tag for people who don't want to know what's going to happen next season.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

TTBF posted:

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Gonna use the spoiler tag for people who don't want to know what's going to happen next season.

I dunno that that means that will happen next season, could just be them hanging out together.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Never seen that show. Should I?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
yes

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
your argument wasn't very convincing :(

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
one of my favorite aspects of sunny is the way the characters evolve into their increasingly eccentric selves over time, Dennis' transformation from a vain rear end in a top hat into a delusional serial killer is often brought up but I think Mac's trajectory is actually the funniest, his character traits are just so arbitrary and bizarre and they keep getting piled on, Mac originally wasn't a self-denying homosexual, he didn't do fake karate or pretend to be religious, his anti-science stupidity is also a rather recent addition and now his lack of capacity to grasp certain trivial concepts, it's a pretty hilarious mishmash of weird things they just ran with and it's completely hilarious.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Shadow posted:

your argument wasn't very convincing :(

its a good tv show. it will more than likely make you laugh

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

emanresu tnuocca posted:

one of my favorite aspects of sunny is the way the characters evolve into their increasingly eccentric selves over time, Dennis' transformation from a vain rear end in a top hat into a delusional serial killer is often brought up but I think Mac's trajectory is actually the funniest, his character traits are just so arbitrary and bizarre and they keep getting piled on, Mac originally wasn't a self-denying homosexual, he didn't do fake karate or pretend to be religious, his anti-science stupidity is also a rather recent addition and now his lack of capacity to grasp certain trivial concepts, it's a pretty hilarious mishmash of weird things they just ran with and it's completely hilarious.

Is this true? I thought Mac and failure have been the only constants on the show with regards to character development?

i flunked out posted:

its a good tv show. it will more than likely make you laugh

good you say
laugh you say

well then!

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

emanresu tnuocca posted:

his lack of capacity to grasp certain trivial concepts

This makes me think more of Charlie...

"Luther MacDonald visited by... Bonnie Kelly? "

"That's the same name as my mom."

"It is your mom."

"Nah. I'm sure there's plenty of Bonnie Kellys. You know, they probably all sign their name with those weird, squiggly lines, and... "

"Cursive? Are-are you talking about cursive, dude?"

"Uh... cursing?"

"Cursive. Everybody can under... Okay, look it doesn't matter... We have to figure out why she came to visit my dad."

"And why is she signing my mom's name?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The second ever episode of the show had Mac's hypocritical religious beliefs brought up, and he was more than happy to pretend to be ultra-religious in order to bang the pro-lifer.

Dennis calmly deciding to climb over the fence so he could try to score with women on the different side of the argument was hilarious too.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Jerusalem posted:

The second ever episode of the show had Mac's hypocritical religious beliefs brought up, and he was more than happy to pretend to be ultra-religious in order to bang the pro-lifer.

Dennis calmly deciding to climb over the fence so he could try to score with women on the different side of the argument was hilarious too.

True, but it was more of a 'plausible satire' thing back then, as the show was more prone to social commentary in the first season, going to massive bloody crucifixes took a while after that point.

Pickles Will Prevail, fyi.

Shadow posted:

Is this true? I thought Mac and failure have been the only constants on the show with regards to character development?

He wasn't quite as incompetent initially, at the moment he can't even figure out simple game show rules, they all fail at everything they do all the time but recently it seems like he's barely able to tie his shoelaces, let alone craft a scheme like he did in 'Mac Bangs the Waitress', now he'd tell Charlie about it in advance just to make sure he's doing it right.

Also I didn't mention Mac's dancing, Mac's dancing really is the best.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 18, 2015

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

clockworx posted:

"It is your mom."

"Nah. I'm sure there's plenty of Bonnie Kellys. You know, they probably all sign their name with those weird, squiggly lines, and... "

"Uh... cursing?"

"Cursive. Everybody can under... Okay, look it doesn't matter... We have to figure out why she came to visit my dad."

I loving died during this.

God drat it.

God drat it.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

Shadow posted:

God drat it.

God drat it.

I don't know what it is but every god drat it on this show cracks me the gently caress up. Each character has his/her own great delivery of it.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Easychair Bootson posted:

I don't know what it is but every god drat it on this show cracks me the gently caress up. Each character has his/her own great delivery of it.

perfect excuse to post this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLp3YkxsUmc

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Shadow posted:

Never seen that show. Should I?

Yes, but I think the quality has dipped since the end of season 2. Though for every meh episode theres also a great one.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

clockworx posted:

"It is your mom."

"Uh... cursing?"

Yes this was perfect. Charlie's face when replying to Mac's question about cursive was just great.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Yes, but I think the quality has dipped since the end of season 2. Though for every meh episode theres also a great one.

Lol what? No. Not at all. The quality has arguably not even dipped and we're in season 10. After season 2?? The show didn't even fire on all cylinders until season 3!

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Shadow posted:

That scene was funny but the implausible storylines just got out of control those last 2 seasons. The first 6 were at least a bit more grounded. They went zany. I think David kept Seinfeld in check.

There's no doubt it got a little surreal, but it was so much fun and a lot of very memorable episodes came from those seasons. People mainly blame Spike Feresten (in addition to Larry's absence) for the different feel I think.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Lol what? No. Not at all. The quality has arguably not even dipped and we're in season 10. After season 2?? The show didn't even fire on all cylinders until season 3!

Sometimes you gotta see what the person they are quoting is actually talking about ;)

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Oh. Well gently caress!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yeah he was referring to Workaholics you jabroni.

Your illiteracy has screwed us again!

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Hang on bozo, I was talking about Workaholics. Sunnys quality is drat amazing for how long its been on.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Yeah he was referring to Workaholics you jabroni.

Your illiteracy has screwed us again!

illiteracy? what does that word even mean?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aye Doc posted:

illiteracy? what does that word even mean?

Stupid science bitches couldn't even make I (Doc) smarter! :lol:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Can't we just assume that their exaggerated character traits and collective deterioration of common sense is all a result of their alcoholism?
They've spent the last ten years drinking away the normal parts of themselves.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i think the alcoholism was a reaction to their circumstances more than a cause. their sharpest declines always seem to be accompanied by their rejection by society/normal people

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

This video constantly drifts toward the word losing all meaning until an especially hilarious one snaps you right back into it. I think my favorite is Dee punching Mac in the dick.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

robot roll call posted:

This video constantly drifts toward the word losing all meaning until an especially hilarious one snaps you right back into it. I think my favorite is Dee punching Mac in the dick.

My personal fav is always Mac's defeated one right after the rabbit gets taken by the hawk.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

TTBF posted:

I'd rather have an FXX crossover. Animate the gang and the league guys and throw them into archerverse.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

True, but it was more of a 'plausible satire' thing back then, as the show was more prone to social commentary in the first season, going to massive bloody crucifixes took a while after that point.

When was there massive bloody crucifixes?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He wasn't quite as incompetent initially, at the moment he can't even figure out simple game show rules

Mac understands gameshow rules, he's just afraid of them. As God said in Leviticus: "fast money is gash money", because like women's lady parts weren't well regarded in those times and you might, like, get circumcised by some pharisees if you think about paying for one.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Can't we just assume that their exaggerated character traits and collective deterioration of common sense is all a result of their alcoholism?
They've spent the last ten years drinking away the normal parts of themselves.

I've spent the last decade drinking and I've become more like myself (a hilarious, charming man), so this is likely. All the extraneous bullshit has been sanded down

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Frostwerks posted:

When was there massive bloody crucifixes?

"Sweet Dee gets audited".

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Surprise, Dee has the best goddammits! Followed by kid Mac.

GODDAMMIT CAN I GODDAMN GO ALREADY?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

robot roll call posted:

My favorite is Dee when Ponderosa's mistress drives off with the car.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

I wish someone made one of these for "Jesus Christ", especially Dennis' extra-exasperated way of saying it

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Snacksmaniac posted:

Surprise, Dee has the best goddammits! Followed by kid Mac.

GODDAMMIT CAN I GODDAMN GO ALREADY?

Kid's batting 1.000 on those goddammits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Kaitlin Olson is really really good at swearing in funny ways.