Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I am so confused. Please help comic nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

It's shields all the way down!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

She just needs a skin tight black bodysuit and white boots.

"I can recommend someone. A Dr Karla Soften, she's good, she'll deal with Skye".

I'd go with Dr Leonard Samson

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Edit: ^ damnit

twistedmentat posted:

"I can recommend someone. A Dr Karla Soften, she's good, she'll deal with Skye".

I'm hoping Doc Samson. This guy does work at Culver.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hmm, who is running this Shield...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Damnit, "Real" SHIELD doesn't settle anything :argh:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kdrudy posted:

I'd go with Dr Leonard Samson

Yea, but I totally have a thing for Moonstone. When she's dressed as Ms Marvel.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Xtanstic posted:

Captain America: Winter Soldier was all about how SHIELD was infiltrated by fascists. Apparently they're still around.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nobody likes Cal

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Xtanstic posted:

So are we, sorry man.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mau'dad is going to go meet the queen!

Holy poo poo was that Edward James Olmos?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Reader(?) telling Cal to get hosed. :V

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo that was Edward James Olmos!!!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
OMG was that who I thought it was? :getin:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Muad'dad is muad'sad :smith:

He just wants to be an Inhuman.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Regy Rusty posted:

Holy poo poo that was Edward James Olmos!!!
Oh poo poo I forgot he was going to be in this season

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh man that preview. Edward James Olmos!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Daw, poor Cal.
Going to be judged by Skye's Mom(who I'm betting isn't really dead) no doubt.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Deakul posted:

Daw, poor Cal.
Or Raina

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Cal is going to have to answer to Skye's mom, who is still alive.

Even though she is cut up into pieces and carried around in a wheelbarrow, she is still alive.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Jamesman posted:

Cal is going to have to answer to Skye's mom, who is still alive.

Even though she is cut up into pieces and carried around in a wheelbarrow, she is still alive.

I wonder if she has crazy regeneration powers which is what slow her aging. Also would explain how Whitehall could regain youth from uh, taking her innards.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Deakul posted:

Daw, poor Cal.

It's definitely going to be Raina.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

hope and vaseline posted:

I wonder if she has crazy regeneration powers which is what slow her aging. Also would explain how Whitehall could regain youth from uh, taking her innards.

She also has 2 claws in each hand and one in each foot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Deakul posted:

Daw, poor Cal.

Dream big, Medusa.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That fukkin' wave Cal did! He's so loving awesome! :allears:

I'm gonna miss him next season... :(

Also, my thoughts were:

"Oh man. We're gonna have to wait another week for the Bobbi & Mack reveal..."
"Oh poo poo! Here it comes! HERE IT COMES! S.W.O.R.D.? H.A.M.M.E.R.? It's... S.H.I.E.L.D.? What the gently caress?"
"I am so loving confused... Ah well. Goons will know!"

Goons don't know... :negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Whoops, I forgot she was there.
And I also forgot Skye's mom was chopped up.

I suck at this. :(

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Kheldarn posted:

That fukkin' wave Cal did! He's so loving awesome! :allears:

I'm gonna miss him next season... :(

Also, my thoughts were:

"Oh man. We're gonna have to wait another week for the Bobbi & Mack reveal..."
"Oh poo poo! Here it comes! HERE IT COMES! S.W.O.R.D.? H.A.M.M.E.R.? It's... S.H.I.E.L.D.? What the gently caress?"
"I am so loving confused... Ah well. Goons will know!"

Goons don't know... :negative:

I still think it is SWORD. After all, SWORD deals with extraterrestrial threats, and Mac really, really hates aliens. SWORD was also in one of the movies, Thor i think.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
What I don't understand at all is why they couldn't just... cut or file down the metal fingernails she bolted on to herself.

I'm also loving that the comic book nerds don't know what "the REAL Shield" means. Take that you plot-point spoiling people!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I loved Cal's Goof Troop so much. So very much. I'm going to miss them. They made my night.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

What I don't understand at all is why they couldn't just... cut or file down the metal fingernails she bolted on to herself.

I'm also loving that the comic book nerds don't know what "the REAL Shield" means. Take that you plot-point spoiling people!

I'm assuming because then they would have someone out there telling everyone about her secret system that gets rid of bad boyfriends fast that nobody wants them to know.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I feel so bad for Skye. Everything's loving up for her. Last thing she needs is this "real S.H.I.E.L.D." crap and Grant Ward returns

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I thought they would get to her Inhuman teacher friend by now

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Heh, yeah, she was sort of the weakest of the group. Also the funniest to picture SHIELD not really knowing what to do with her. "She put razor blades on her fingers! What do we do now? She's UNSTOPPABLE!"

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Because if they filed it down, then we wouldn't have gotten ghetto Lady Deathstrike for Hyde's Wild Ride.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Her powers were about the equivalent of say... a woman with a really firm grip on a sharp knife. It was really REALLY lame. These villains are like comparing toys you get in today's cereal boxes with replica action figures. It was actually kinda cute in a sad way.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Maybe the real Shield is going to be a power struggle ala Pegasus on BSG.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Theories from around the internet about this Real S.H.I.E.L.D. (and other things, too):

* It's the rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. Black Ops team, Contingency.
* It's HYDRA, claiming to be the "real S.H.I.E.L.D.".
* It's the UN sanctioned version of S.H.I.E.L.D. that Tony Stark ends up as the head of during Civil War.
* It's S.H.I.E.L.D., under the control of the World Security Council.
* It's S.H.I.E.L.D., run by the UN or WSC, and they think that Coulson is a bad guy trying to take over S.H.I.E.L.D. As far as they know, Fury is dead, so they have no idea he handed power over to Coulson.
* Whoever it is, Bobbi is a triple agent, working for Coulson. She's known for being a double/triple agent in the comics.

Also, some people say they saw a third person in the background of the locker room fight with Bobbi and Maxine The Knife. I didn't notice anyone, but that don't mean anything.

Also Also: "May's ex says knows someone that can consult for Shield. He worked worked in the psych department at Culver University. Doc Sampson works in the psych department at Culver University.", which we already covered in the thread, but then: "Isn't Culver University also the place where the Hulk kicked Blonsky into a tree?". Yes. Yes it was.

Simmons made the prototype version of Daisy's gauntlets, but Fitz will make the real thing.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm seeing double! Four SHIELDS!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

She was the most "special" by far. At least the hacker and strongman were useful. Also special shoutout:v: to Angar who went down like a bitch even though he could've just yelled at Coulson and taken him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Coulson totally knows something's up with Bobbi. When he was talking to her on the quinjet, his tone changed to his, "I know you have a secret. Here's some rope. You can use this to hang yourself." way of talking.

And she did, too. She outed Mack to him.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 18, 2015

• Locked thread