Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Too bad being a horrible person and committing sex crimes isn't a college sport... All-time champ Penn State frat Kappa Delta Rho posts photos of nude, sleeping/passed-out/incapacitated women to a facebook page.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/17/us/penn-state-frat-suspension/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

Too bad being a horrible person and committing sex crimes isn't a college sport... All-time champ Penn State frat Kappa Delta Rho posts photos of nude, sleeping/passed-out/incapacitated women to a facebook page.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/17/us/penn-state-frat-suspension/index.html

what does this have to do with football

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I want to flick the ear of the guy quoted in that article for being so outraged that one unrelated incident didn't stop another unrelated incident from happening.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Take away Franklin's wins.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Trampoline derail has led to a lot of funny posts.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Trampoline derail is at least fun. Completely unrelated sexual assault derail leads to either The Worst Discussion or just a bunch of people going "ayup, rape sure is bad" and patting themselves on the back for it. There is literally no good reason for it, other than to be smug about calling something everyone agrees is bad bad or using it in a gross rear end way to score some sort of weird football rivalry points (hi, AsInHowe). So take that poo poo to GBS or D&D or ADTRW or literally anywhere that is not a thread I read and have to moderate.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Seriously I thought, like, Ancient Rome invented trampolines

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I broke my ankle on a trampoline when I was 10

...I jumped off the roof onto the trampoline.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

let's get some Varsity Aggro Crag, it'd be the far-and-away best championship trophy

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Alabama hires Charlie Weis

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/03/alabama_adds_football_staff_me.html

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 18, 2015

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Alouicious posted:

let's get some Varsity Aggro Crag, it'd be the far-and-away best championship trophy

It would have to be 500 feet tall and blast actual metal shards instead of glitter.

The piece of the Crag contains a radioactive source.

Look, if we're barreling towards a dystopia nightmare society, we might as well get the appropriate type of sports like Running Man, Rollerball, that baseball-football-roller derby from that one music video, and the Transcontinental Road Race.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 18, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:mad:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

rebel1608 posted:

Yeah that clip made me laugh uncontrollably

the best part is that he gave that speech after tech won the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOFTp5_C8

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

wheez the roux posted:

the best part is that he gave that speech after tech won the game

Also he mentions the Texas A&M game in that clip, and it was after that game that he talked about fat little girlfriends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4veYug5pFo

Basically Mike Leach owns

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Trambopoline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oKC_ICe6pk

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
I actually enrolled in one of those blow-off classes in college. Taught by like a semi-retired 70 year old man who told lots of good stories and all, and not holding anything against him because he was legitimately awesome, but it was 50/50 whether i actually went to class or slept in a beanbag in the library and I still got an A. Final was "open-everything" and to this day it's the reason that Tyler Wilson knows I exist and owes me a favor.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
wait, why the hell was Tyler Wilson enrolled in an African American Studies class

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

CraigK posted:

wait, why the hell was Tyler Wilson enrolled in an African American Studies class

Why would anyone have to ask this question? Do you think that African American studies are only important to African Americans?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

CraigK posted:

Because it was an easy A, guy. It's your story, how did you not realize this?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Oh, right

Like i said, I learned a lot from it, but yeah, I still only showed up like 70% of the classes and got an A

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Yeah African American Studies courses are usually easy regardless because they're trying to attract more students (and because the athletic department can't strong-arm the physics department into making their classes easier).

Any Bama fans remember all the speculation that Blake Sims wasn't smart enough to really run the offense without help (it was actually Lane changing the plays from the sideline after the defense got set up)? Cuz Saban just came out and said that they're dumbing it down for Coker and the other 6 foot 5 white guys.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Disregard.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CraigK posted:

I actually enrolled in one of those blow-off classes in college. Taught by like a semi-retired 70 year old man who told lots of good stories and all, and not holding anything against him because he was legitimately awesome, but it was 50/50 whether i actually went to class or slept in a beanbag in the library and I still got an A. Final was "open-everything" and to this day it's the reason that Tyler Wilson knows I exist and owes me a favor.

Did you give him the scantron?

e: Wait that was Mallett, nevermind.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

computer parts posted:

The sports that the claimed titles fall under are real, yes.

I will not stand for you sullying the good name of The Football Almanac national title.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Daryl Gtoss is out at Syracuse AD following the NCAA hammer dropping on them. :toot:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
One of my old co-workers hates Justin Tucker. She had a class with him and after football season was over and he knew he was going to the draft, he came into the final, turned in a blank paper a few minutes after it started along with a pile of cash and told the teacher and everyone in the room to be cool and split it up. They did and she hated him for being such a dick.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Justin Tucker sounds cool

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Neil Armbong posted:

One of my old co-workers hates Justin Tucker. She had a class with him and after football season was over and he knew he was going to the draft, he came into the final, turned in a blank paper a few minutes after it started along with a pile of cash and told the teacher and everyone in the room to be cool and split it up. They did and she hated him for being such a dick.

She clearly doesn't know how to be cool

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Neil Armbong posted:

That's actually kind of baller. Especially because you are getting the cash some bagman gave out. As long as its not like some exams in college where once someone leaves no one else can start the exam, meaning if a guy is a minute or two late they fail.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

As loath as I am to move us away from trampoline chat, UGA had their first spring practice yesterday and here is the general impression:

Offense: Keith Marshall dropped a few pounds and everyone seems to think he looks to be in great shape. That would be pretty great, I feel bad that he just couldn't really get it together since his knee exploded at Neyland stadium. Quarterback situation is unchanged, Ramsey, Park, and Bauta are (allegedly) all good in their own rights. They shifted a few guys into the center position to replace Andrews, Houston and Long seemed to be taking most of the first team reps but a lot of people think that Isaiah Wynn will probably take the spot because he is pretty great and would have a long time in the position if he took it now in his freshman season. Justin Scott-Wesley also appeared to be pretty much back in form, dropped a few pounds and actually able to run around since his knee injury. He and Malcom Mitchell could have pretty huge years, but maybe not too huge with a first year starter QB.

Defense: The biggest area of strength is probably at OLB based off of our practice report. We return Jordan Jenkins and Lorenzo Carter who are pretty great athletes and can make plays, but the word is that the whole group is hyped up. It seems that the big focus is speed this year, can't complain with that. The ILB situation is a bit more interesting, we have a UAB transfer, Jake Ganus, who lots of people seem to be super keen on. I hope we can slot him and he pays off in big ways, considering the shitstorm that was the UAB shuttering.

So yeah lets talk spring practice so we can argue about who our world-beaters are since it is essentially meaningless.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Spurrier said our quarterbacks were doing good, Connor Mitch was throwing it around well. Said our WR's dropped a few but were coming along. Defensive staff says they're all working well together and focusing on creating a pass rush.

My translation: Connor Mitch will be benched by the second game after throwing 5 interceptions. Receivers are going to be useless. The coaches all hate each other and resentment will permeate the entire team. Losing season ahead.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sab0921 posted:

I broke my ankle on a trampoline when I was 10

...I jumped off the roof onto the trampoline.

We had a giant innertube that came off a tractor tire and I'm amazed I didn't end up with anything worse than stitches from that thing. All the bouncing of a trampoline but with the added fun of it being apt to randomly become unstable and flip over at any time.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 18, 2015

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

We tried to make a raft out of one of those tractor tubes and a tarp, but it immediately sank in the pond and we got in trouble for losing the tube.

Being a kid in the country was fun.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee announced a Home and Home with Pitt for 2021-22. I can't believe we're that close to the 2020's

e: I'll be 40 when that happens :suicide:

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 18, 2015

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MindlessHavok posted:

Tennessee announced a Home and Home with Pitt for 2021-22. I can't believe we're that close to the 2020's

e: I'll be 40 when that happens :suicide:

I considered suicide much more pre-40 than I have post-40. It ain't bad at all.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Notre Dame has hired Jeff Quinn as an "offensive analyst". He's the former Buffalo head coach and was with Brian Kelly back at Cincinnati and Central Mich.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Sash! posted:

It would have to be 500 feet tall and blast actual metal shards instead of glitter.

The piece of the Crag contains a radioactive source.

Look, if we're barreling towards a dystopia nightmare society, we might as well get the appropriate type of sports like Running Man, Rollerball, that baseball-football-roller derby from that one music video, and the Transcontinental Road Race.

In the future only the privileged few will have access to the thorium that powers our society and in order to earn the right they must prove their merit through feats of daring, climbing, and sweet dunks on trampolines.

Raku posted:

Yeah African American Studies courses are usually easy regardless because they're trying to attract more students (and because the athletic department can't strong-arm the physics department into making their classes easier).

Any Bama fans remember all the speculation that Blake Sims wasn't smart enough to really run the offense without help (it was actually Lane changing the plays from the sideline after the defense got set up)? Cuz Saban just came out and said that they're dumbing it down for Coker and the other 6 foot 5 white guys.

I think I remember that Lane Kiffin runs a really complex offense. Or maybe that's Schotty the lesser.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Declan MacManus posted:

In the future only the privileged few will have access to the thorium that powers our society and in order to earn the right they must prove their merit through feats of daring, climbing, and sweet dunks on trampolines.

I think I remember that Lane Kiffin runs a really complex offense. Or maybe that's Schotty the lesser.

As a Rams fan I can say that it was definitely not Brian Schottenheimer.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Declan MacManus posted:

He does, but a big part of it is rather than setting up a play real quick and running it before the defense adjusts, he waits for the defense to adjust, then changes the play to counter it. Basically the offense was getting set much faster than they were last year, the problem was getting adjusted after the second play call. We got much better at it after the Arkansas game, but there were serious problems before that--especially in hostile environments, without headsets like the NFL has. Ole Miss and Arkansas were the absolute worst because our only experienced center (who normally coordinates the line) went down, so Blake was frantically trying to set up the whole offense twice before each snap. Thankfully the backup center improved quickly and Blake obviously got the hang of it, but simplifying the process is definitely something I'm glad Kiffin is focused on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

Schotty definitely does, as noted Kiffin has scaled his way back out of necessity as he's started pushing the tempo more.

• Locked thread