Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

beggar posted:

So on Raw they announced you can get 2k15 for the new systems and get the season pass for free.

Knowing that the season pass doesn't include all DLC, and the game is kind of a letdown, is this a deal at $40 for someone who is admittedly craving a new wrestlegame (I have been putting time into Wrestling Revolution 3d ffs)

Or is 2k15 purely a bargain bin game like I have inferred? $40 is about double my impulse buy max.

Don't buy 2k15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

beggar posted:

So on Raw they announced you can get 2k15 for the new systems and get the season pass for free.

Knowing that the season pass doesn't include all DLC, and the game is kind of a letdown, is this a deal at $40 for someone who is admittedly craving a new wrestlegame (I have been putting time into Wrestling Revolution 3d ffs)

Or is 2k15 purely a bargain bin game like I have inferred? $40 is about double my impulse buy max.

Well now I feel even dumber for buying the season pass.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bought five star wrestling. I'll give my impressions if it ever loads.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

beggar posted:

I haven't played it nor will I play it at $40.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
What's the cheapest and easiest route from an unmodded PS2 and a copy of Fire Pro to having the ability to use one of those saves with all the custom wrestleguys?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Got another TEW question. I was reading one of the threads which said that midcard belts will ultimately hurt a wrestler's popularity. Is it better to make my "next top guy" belt (Thinks WWE IC belt in the early 90's) a midcard belt or a main event belt and ensure that belt's popularity doesn't exceed my real main event belt?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

http://www.hitbox.tv/newlegacyinc

NewLegacyInc are streaming 5 Star Wrestling at the moment if you're interested in it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Why cookie Rocket posted:

What's the cheapest and easiest route from an unmodded PS2 and a copy of Fire Pro to having the ability to use one of those saves with all the custom wrestleguys?

The cheapest and easier route is probably a PS2 emulator, even when I was on a shittier computer it ran that game pretty much perfectly and I could do dumb poo poo like find out what happens when you pit Brock Lesnar against Nailz.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Surprise, 5 star wrestling is terrible. It feels super unfinished. Shame though because the systems and the control scheme show promise.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dreamsicle posted:

Got another TEW question. I was reading one of the threads which said that midcard belts will ultimately hurt a wrestler's popularity. Is it better to make my "next top guy" belt (Thinks WWE IC belt in the early 90's) a midcard belt or a main event belt and ensure that belt's popularity doesn't exceed my real main event belt?

I just make my titles floating, so in theory the popularity of the belt & wrestler will eventually even out. It's not something I worry much about to be honest though, there may be massive downsides to this that I missed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

Surprise, 5 star wrestling is terrible. It feels super unfinished. Shame though because the systems and the control scheme show promise.

Is there any kind of create mode or anything beyond doing exhibitions? I almost bought it last night but decided not to since it seems like the kind of thing that'd get a heavy PS+ discount in the next few weeks.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is there any kind of create mode or anything beyond doing exhibitions? I almost bought it last night but decided not to since it seems like the kind of thing that'd get a heavy PS+ discount in the next few weeks.

Exhibition and challenge modes. It's also 1 v 1 matches, no tags.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Dreamsicle posted:

AFAIK it's just that midcard and lower level belts limit the rating of the match. If you turn on the dirt sheet stuff you'll see notes like 'the title's prestige hurt the match' or something to that effect. So if you have a guy who is 'too good/popular' for a title, it's going to limit him and hurt his popularity by dragging down his matches.

So you can either make your titles main event or floating or just try to time it so guys drop the titles at the right times.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I swallowed my pride and bought it pretending it was an early access game. I kind of regret it unless this ASAP patch they've promised shows major improvements. Also, I'm afraid they're going to get some sort of C+D with how close the music and other things are to real folks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Testekill posted:

Exhibition and challenge modes. It's also 1 v 1 matches, no tags.

Man gently caress that. I might as well buy whatever years-old version of WWE is less than ten bucks at Gamestop. Charging what they are for something so sparse is bonetown.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fumaofthelake posted:

Well now I feel even dumber for buying the season pass.

How much of the season pass content have they even released?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

IcePhoenix posted:

Everything but the Path of the Warrior DLC.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

IcePhoenix posted:

Muddy Burphy posted:

Everything but the Path of the Warrior DLC.

This is the real answer, but another real answer is "I downloaded the Christian (secretly Orton) DLC and the Mark Henry DLC and only played one. All the potentially good stuff is either in the unreleased Warrior DLC or the character packs that aren't included."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

I just make my titles floating, so in theory the popularity of the belt & wrestler will eventually even out. It's not something I worry much about to be honest though, there may be massive downsides to this that I missed.

I do the same and I don't think there's a problem. I think the card position setting on titles is like the expected match times under product ratings. They're really there for the AI so you can somewhat control what they do and try and keep it within the realm of what you want. But when you're playing you might as well set the match numbers to their minimum and the titles floating so you don't have to worry about getting punished in little ways.

I do keep my top title and any major tournaments as Main Event though. I figure I want to make sure they get recorded as such for the Hall of Legends info.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

beggar posted:

Play 2k14 or load up Here Comes the Pain on a PS2.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I would pay a ludicrous amount of money for No Mercy with new graphics and roster. Like, stupid money.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

I would pay a ludicrous amount of money for No Mercy with new graphics and roster. Like, stupid money.

So say we all.

The two times I got new rosters to work were two of my happiest days.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

triplexpac posted:

So prestige isn't capped for floating titles right?

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I had a thing that came with a CD and a little USB stick. You'd put the save file on the usb stick, then boot the CD in the unmodded PS2 and you could copy the files to your real PS2 memory card and then use them in the game.

I'm sure some website somewhere probably still has something like that. It was made by the gameshark people or something. Definitely exists and was pretty cheap even when it was new.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dreamsicle posted:

So prestige isn't capped for floating titles right?

Nope. It just basically moves with how well you book it. I'm pretty sure.

The downfall, I guess, is that your wrestlers won't automatically get a bump by a lower midcarder winning a midcard title or a midcarder winning a main event title. But it means you can book a champion for awhile without the title's cap dragging him down.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Nope. It just basically moves with how well you book it. I'm pretty sure.

The downfall, I guess, is that your wrestlers won't automatically get a bump by a lower midcarder winning a midcard title or a midcarder winning a main event title. But it means you can book a champion for awhile without the title's cap dragging him down.

I just want a "next big thing" title that's better than a capped midcard title but not as good as the main title. But yeah I'll just need to book it where it's almost but not quite as prestigious as my main event title.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I would like to get back into a TEW game or a World of Mixed Martial Arts game. I own TEW 2013 and WMMA3, and I was looking for a real world mod to play around with. The most recent ones seem to be from October though. Are there more up-to-date real world mods out there for these games? (if there's a more updated one for TEW 2010 I wouldn't be against buying it since it's on Steam now).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

March '15 from TheWho. He recently took over from Cpt Charisma so his mod is a still a bit of a work in progress as he tries to fix problems he sees.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/95360-tew13-real-world-update-march-2015/

Mar '15 from Fleisch.
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530574

Feb '15 from MrCanada. He had been doing them for awhile and then quit and recently restarted. So I'm not sure what the state of his mod is.
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530211

Jan '15 from Cpt Charisma. That's his last before he hung it up, I think.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/95027-tew2013-real-world-update-january-2015/

TheWho was doing TEW 2010 updates monthly but switched to 2013 just recently. So I think his last one was January '15 and there won't be updates.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/90848-a-new-tew10-real-world-update-progress-thread/

And if you look around those two forums you can find other months if you want to go back a little. You can also check http://www.ewwarehouse.info/

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

March '15 from TheWho. He recently took over from Cpt Charisma so his mod is a still a bit of a work in progress as he tries to fix problems he sees.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/95360-tew13-real-world-update-march-2015/

Mar '15 from Fleisch.
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530574

Feb '15 from MrCanada. He had been doing them for awhile and then quit and recently restarted. So I'm not sure what the state of his mod is.
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530211

Jan '15 from Cpt Charisma. That's his last before he hung it up, I think.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/95027-tew2013-real-world-update-january-2015/

TheWho was doing TEW 2010 updates monthly but switched to 2013 just recently. So I think his last one was January '15 and there won't be updates.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/90848-a-new-tew10-real-world-update-progress-thread/

And if you look around those two forums you can find other months if you want to go back a little. You can also check http://www.ewwarehouse.info/

Oh sweet, I forgot about EWbattleground. Thanks a lot.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Giant Bomb did a Quick Look for 5 Star Wrestling and it looks pretty bad, especially this part where Harvee Dee gets stuck on the ropes and then punched through the ring by Gregg Hearty:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Phenix Rising posted:

Giant Bomb did a Quick Look for 5 Star Wrestling and it looks pretty bad, especially this part where Harvee Dee gets stuck on the ropes and then punched through the ring by Gregg Hearty:

Man, I'm starting to think that people should just stop even trying to make wrestling games unless hilarious bugs are the intended outcome, because that's all that ever happens anymore.

Let's just make new versions of Gang Beasts from now on.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This is definitely being used in the TEW game at some point

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've had more matches bug out and become impossible to finish than I've had complete games. It's a shame because the systems are solid. The execution is just bad.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

That quicklook also seemed to feature some ridiculously quick meter-building into finisher spam, it looked really rough in general ever without the bugginess. Can't really see any reason to buy it over, say WWE 2k14

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha so they just announced a new Supercard sale, 50% off all card packs but you can only buy one per day? Guess they don't want money from whales?

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

triplexpac posted:

Haha so they just announced a new Supercard sale, 50% off all card packs but you can only buy one per day? Guess they don't want money from whales?

is this supposed to be a bad thing? that they don't want their game to be taken over by whales?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

spongeh posted:

is this supposed to be a bad thing? that they don't want their game to be taken over by whales?

Oh I don't really care, I just find 2K's business model really weird for this game. Buying decent cards costs so much money that the only people spending cash on this game MUST be whales. Like even at 50% off I can't justify buying a card pack. But then they decide to limit the whales for whatever reason.

VVV I get what you're saying, but to get a decent card is still 2,000 credits, which is like $25 or something crazy.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 23, 2015

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Whales gonna whale. The idea is to break the barrier on those who haven't paid yet so they'll start paying in the future because they've become financially invested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

There doesn't seem to be any info on what exactly counts for their 'main eventer' pack, but at their price and going down to rare, it's completely useless along with all their half price packs. The pricing model in this game is nuts - the only things in this game that are ever worth buying cost 10 credits and yet its a solid fixture on the iTunes grossing apps chart