Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ActionZero posted:

Well yes obviously but the comics chose to have Superman say something like "Using my Super Weaving I'll make a dress." rather than "I'll use my Super Speed to weave a dress." so it's close enough for the analogy.

Great Wall of China Vision is better.

Especially if the stand can only repair the Great Wall of China, specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Which of course would lead to an intense battle.

Actually, assuming the user could mold the wall into different shapes, then that would more or less make The Great Wall of China their Stand.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 17, 2015

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

WickedHate posted:

Great Wall of China Vision is better.

Especially if the stand can only repair the Great Wall of China, specifically.
Now I'm imagining a Stand with that specific power and what wonders Araki could do with it.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Carry around a little piece of the Great Wall and rebuild it around someone, trapping them

Rebuild the same bit of Great Wall in the shape of weapons

Literally duplicate the Great Wall and have it fall on you

STAND NAME: 『Chinese Democracy』

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MachuPikacchu posted:

drat it, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MachuPikacchu posted:

Carry around a little piece of the Great Wall and rebuild it around someone, trapping them

Rebuild the same bit of Great Wall in the shape of weapons

Literally duplicate the Great Wall and have it fall on you

Ok I was thinking this sounded like a rehash of Crazy Diamond but the stand name sold me.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Still yet to see someone come up with a stand power that would be legitimately useless.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Still yet to see someone come up with a stand power that would be legitimately useless.

This is my Stand, Dig, with the power to mine bitcoin

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Would you be able to use the heat that mining those bitcoins would generate?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Create bit coins, use those bit coins to bribe stupid idiots to do your bidding.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
A Stand with the power of shitposting.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Million Ghosts posted:

H... how did you know the secret of my stand!?!?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CodfishCartographer posted:

The ones that require you to kill yourself to use are pretty close.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Soulcleaver posted:

[Never Gonna Give You Up]

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RatHat posted:

The ones that require you to kill yourself to use are pretty close.
Notorious B.I.G woulda taken out Passione if didn't have the means of dropping it into an ocean. Highway to Hell is honestly terrifying though and Survivor is a pretty awful Stand too, but if you really want to kill people and spread chaos....you got options

Million Ghosts posted:

Quoting this for easy access next time someone shitposts in either JoJo thread.

vvv God, there are way more Stands That Would loving Blow If You Got Them than I remember. Like imagine getting Superfly.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 18, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Don't forget Cheap Trick. Highway to Hell is scary yeah but you can only kill 1 person with it, and Survivor could be used without killing yourself. Notorious B.I.G. is a good stand but you have to be selfless enough to sacrifice yourself to use it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

RatHat posted:

Highway to Hell is scary yeah but you can only kill 1 person with it

WELLL ACTUALLY

You could easily inflict a non-fatal injury that leads to another's death indirectly.

Your target's hanging off a cliff? Break your wrists. Standing on a narrow lip/tightrope/whatever? Sprain an ankle. Does healing the injury after it's inflicted also heal the target? If not, slit your throat then get immediate treatment from a healing stand or whatever.

Blinding yourself/your target midway through a fight with someone else would also be a major handicap.

Basically it's yet another case of "would be absolutely lethal if the user didn't handicap it"; someone not suicidal could think of plenty of ways to weaponize it beyond just "kill myself and one other". And it would be drat near unstoppable as a support stand alongside another, more physical one.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Soulcleaver posted:

Trap sprung etc.

Highway to Hell is still pretty fuckin' useless unless you're best bros with Josuke.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Actually yeah, that'd be kind of cool.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Million Ghosts posted:

Trap sprung etc.

Highway to Hell is still pretty fuckin' useless unless you're best bros with Josuke.
Or have the death-defying powers of Okuyasu.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I forget, can White Snake's stand discs give someone a second stand?

If so, combine Highway to Hell with King Crimson. Just skip through the moment where you actually die. :unsmigghh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fucknag posted:

If so, combine Highway to Hell with King Crimson. Just skip through the moment where you actually die. :unsmigghh:

Yes. That's how Emporio defeated Pucci. You can be "rejected" by a stand though, like Jolyne was with Star Platinum.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Fucknag posted:

They wouldn't die either though :shrug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It sure is awkward when both your father and his Stand don't have time for you. :v:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Jolyne "My Dad Wishes I Were A Dolphin" Kujo

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Jotaro was a "dolphinkin" when he was a teenager.

Actually he still is.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Jotaro used to be a nintendo fanboy, but swore off them when the prototype Dolphin console was instead sold as the Gamecube.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Jotaro x Dolphin jokes are second only to MILF Hunter Kakyoin jokes in terms of terribleness.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I love them and giggled like crazy when I saw Jotaro reading the sea life magazine in Anubis in the anime.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

Jotaro x Dolphin jokes are second only to MILF Hunter Kakyoin jokes in terms of terribleness.

Have you considered that you don't know how to have fun? That you are the guy on New Years Eve who refuses to have a shot or even a glass of champagne before midnight and stands in the corner eating crackers silently judging everyone for having a good time without you?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Seafood posted:

They're entirely canon, sorry.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Please do not make jokes about the man who wears a pin of two dolphins kissing in the shape of a heart ever liking dolphins

Fucknag posted:

Jotaro used to be a nintendo fanboy, but swore off them when the prototype Dolphin console was instead sold as the Gamecube.

Someone forgot about ecco the dolphin, best game about time traveling dolphins fighting aliens

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why do you think we never see Lisa Lisa in Stardust Crusaders? Where do you think Kakyoin was while his eyes were "injured"?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

Why do you think we never see Lisa Lisa in Stardust Crusaders? Where do you think Kakyoin was while his eyes were "injured"?

I'm now really sad that we never get to see Kakyoin macking on Joseph's mom, nor Joseph's reaction to it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Have you considered that you don't know how to have fun? That you are the guy on New Years Eve who refuses to have a shot or even a glass of champagne before midnight and stands in the corner eating crackers silently judging everyone for having a good time without you?
Fun and terrible are not mutually exclusive terms as anybody with a Dangan Ronpa avatar should know.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

Fun and terrible are not mutually exclusive terms as anybody with a Dangan Ronpa avatar should know.

True, but you just seem terrible.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

We take our 2D psychic musclemen very seriously here at Bad Seafood, Inc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That new Araki book is available for pre-order at CDJapan.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1790636

It is very inexpensive.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I'd pay good money for an English version of the book Araki wrote about his favorite horror movies. I imagine it's like 300 pages of his book jacket musings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

• Locked thread