Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Iowa posted:

...Was that today? Were you the lady running around with a windrunner? I got killed about 6 times today trying to spy on Wudang, so it's kind of hard to remember specifics.

On a sidenote, I have an excursion question. I know that bumps your school inners and skills down to a certain level, but are you totally locked out from using them while excursioned?

you can still use them as if youd have gotten them in scriptsteal basically, skill goes to 4 inner to 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think I want to try this game but the depth and complexity is terrifying. But on the other hand, god I love wuxia.

e: the game has mysteriously stopped downloading it got to like a third finished and now its not doing anything

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 16, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Blockhouse posted:

I think I want to try this game but the depth and complexity is terrifying. But on the other hand, god I love wuxia.

e: the game has mysteriously stopped downloading it got to like a third finished and now its not doing anything

It's only just begunnnnn~~~~~

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

If you really want to give it a shot, make sure you download the EU version, Age of Wulin. The US version is basically dead.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Iowa posted:

If you really want to give it a shot, make sure you download the EU version, Age of Wulin. The US version is basically dead.

No no it's totally fine you see I've been playing it for months now and there still tons* of people** still playing and no no the power creep is fine cash shop sets are cool guys please come back please

*lol
**pay2wins

I forget which goon who was on SV that posted things like this :v:

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

No no it's totally fine you see I've been playing it for months now and there still tons* of people** still playing and no no the power creep is fine cash shop sets are cool guys please come back please

*lol
**pay2wins

I forget which goon who was on SV that posted things like this :v:

And if you don't like Haquertals TLDR:

Basically Wushu died when we all quit, our enemy Viet Guilds declared themselves victorious by not quitting and outlasting everyone else getting bored, the remaining people mostly old alliance members and maybe 1 or 2 Goons were supressed and zerged.

When the merge came around (When I started to look at the game again) the 5th Internal was released as well so merge population + new patch population = quite a lot of people.
Unfortunatly only P2Ws of our old alliance remained and decided to build a merge guild out of all p2ws of all 3 servers, they allied one old pvp guild and one huge rear end but no skill guild and proclaimed if you dont P2W you are crap, and they went on their holy war to fight the Viets, by now surrounded by Brazilians and other smaller groups we used to pick on.

Turns out being a dick to the entire merged server can backfire ! vOv
After about 6 weeks the Viets successfully held Worldbosses and everything else that is not 1v1 PingAndPaytoWin, and worldbosses being the only way to make any money anymore, the new guys started selling their accounts people finished 5th inners and started quitting out of boredom and we're back to the same situation as before the merge!

Usually I'd proclaim Goons did break Viet supremecy once so they can do it again but Wushu makes it a giant pain in the butt to catch up now, and you really feel the low population being top grade players, at least in Wulin there is still lots of regular players equally slow and screwed \o/

Maybe if we'd get a few dozen 5th inner RGs with chains but eh.. not worth the hassle.

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 16, 2015

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So what are the names of the guilds in your summary?

Coming from the perspective of a Red Phoenix/White Tiger player, all major remaining guilds are indistinguishable pay2win assholes.

I logged back on for a few minutes on Saturday, just to say hello to my old guildmates. I almost had fun until I fought against someone with ancient tai chi and a maxed out jianghu inner.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
whoops I just downloaded eight gigs of the wrong game then

ha ha ha

aaaaaaaaaaaa

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Blockhouse posted:

ha ha ha

aaaaaaaaaaaa

I might update the OP to say to go to wulin

Maybe

Ehhhhhhhhh nah

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

ha ha ha

aaaaaaaaaaaa

At least you found out before you started, I guess.

If you do wind up playing get ready for some clunky, confusing bullshit. Feel free to hit me up with any in-game help or questions though.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Don't go Tangmen, you will be darting yourself in the foot and swallowing all the whales.

Guilds on BD:
Dead or Dying:
NoTrabbu - dead
Lawless - dead
NBloc - daed
Chaos

Deity: Imagine Goonunism, now imagine it never existed
Triforce: Never fear, Mutou(killer) is here! Led by p2ws, bad like a group of laggy p2ws

Terrorists: Remember the dueling at the mortuary? Now imagine a merged server's worth of terrorists' all there all day
ThienDiaHoi - #TDH4Life, see Rebellion
HuatAh - Honor!11!11!1, see Rebellion

MoFu/Evenstars - more p2ws
Smoke - the PE of GK, led by a giant manbaby who will complain about anything
Rebellion - TDH and e-honor migrated here, also has a lot of the other p2ws from the servers, higher if not highest ATC-to-player ratio.

Neutrals: :allears:

Bonus: Self-appointed cross-server guild diplomat Intoxicate leaves Triforce for MoFu after e-bf buys her all the Jianghu inners, all the gears, and ATC.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think I'm going to do scholar so I can be a painter who kicks people in the face

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone have that old diplomacy chart with all the alliances and poo poo that basically shows Goon Tang in the center with red lines to everyone?

That was a pretty accurate chart.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

PassiveSentence posted:

Don't go Tangmen, you will be darting yourself in the foot and swallowing all the whales.

Guilds on BD:
Dead or Dying:
NoTrabbu - dead
Lawless - dead
NBloc - daed
Chaos

Deity: Imagine Goonunism, now imagine it never existed
Triforce: Never fear, Mutou(killer) is here! Led by p2ws, bad like a group of laggy p2ws

Terrorists: Remember the dueling at the mortuary? Now imagine a merged server's worth of terrorists' all there all day
ThienDiaHoi - #TDH4Life, see Rebellion
HuatAh - Honor!11!11!1, see Rebellion

MoFu/Evenstars - more p2ws
Smoke - the PE of GK, led by a giant manbaby who will complain about anything
Rebellion - TDH and e-honor migrated here, also has a lot of the other p2ws from the servers, higher if not highest ATC-to-player ratio.

Neutrals: :allears:

Bonus: Self-appointed cross-server guild diplomat Intoxicate leaves Triforce for MoFu after e-bf buys her all the Jianghu inners, all the gears, and ATC.

Well most of HuatAh actually went to Age of Kungfu when GreatEast discovered pay2win is more fun with a ping of 50
other than that, yeah pretty accurate

Also latest development now that Triforce and Deity are dying out Rebellion picks on Public Enemy, wich is lead by the guy's that bought Feedz Account former Chaos members tired of Tox's poo poo who wanted to be "neutral" in the war, well buddy aint nobody neutral in Vietnam says rebellion

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 17, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

This game was the best thing I ever bought at subway.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

PassiveSentence posted:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

In Wulin, do we have a favored server or guild or whatnot? I'm thinking about joining in the antics, even if I'm eating horrible lag while I do it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Ratoslov posted:

In Wulin, do we have a favored server or guild or whatnot? I'm thinking about joining in the antics, even if I'm eating horrible lag while I do it.

Last I heard all Wulin servers were merged because gpotato did it months and months before snail did to keep people interested (instead of constantly being retards and opening new servers).

And there's no """"official""" goon presence but just message the people on this/the last page if you really want to talk to goons?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
There's only one server and the 5 or so goons playing are mostly in different guilds.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUWPvxWz8g

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
My chakras are ready.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I like how the made all those cool faces but settled on a bland prettyboy.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Stuff like this always makes me wonder why the gently caress one of these companies doesn't just make a really, really good SP game because I would play the poo poo out of it

but then I remember that china loves their lovely f2p grindfest mmo's :(

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

call me when I can recreate Mrs Chu from Sleeping Dogs.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haquer posted:

Stuff like this always makes me wonder why the gently caress one of these companies doesn't just make a really, really good SP game because I would play the poo poo out of it

but then I remember that china loves their lovely f2p grindfest mmo's :(

They do. Just they aren't translated. And are usually tactical games. There's a series of wushu games that are sort of open world tactics games.

The legendary hero of those games is some kung fu movie watching dork that got teleported to wushu world and learned a bunch of martial arts.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

PassiveSentence posted:

One of the most surreal experiences I had in china game, was trying to convince tox that mutou talking to another e-hussy outside chengdu bank (90% sure e-hussy was played by a guy anyway) was not the end of the world and probably not something she should let affect her real life.

Anal Papist fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 1, 2015

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I am installing this right now. The downloader is poo poo apparently. I had to download a bunch of .cab files manually. This tells me what kind of quality gaming experience I am in for.

EDIT: Wait, so the consensus is to not play Wushu and get Wulin instead? I guess that's what I get for not reading the last few pages of the thread.

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 1, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Felony posted:

I am installing this right now. The downloader is poo poo apparently. I had to download a bunch of .cab files manually. This tells me what kind of quality gaming experience I am in for.

EDIT: Wait, so the consensus is to not play Wushu and get Wulin instead? I guess that's what I get for not reading the last few pages of the thread.

lol

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Felony posted:

The consensus is that both games lack a good presence, just that Wulin is marginally less poo poo (until they add in more bullshit and if you don't care about high ens pvp at all)

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haquer posted:

The consensus is that both games lack a good presence

is that both games lack a good presence

games lack a good presence

lack a good presence

lack good

sorted that out for ya.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Drinkfist posted:

sorted that out for ya.

I was phone posting, I obviously meant goon you worthless pendant

Lack good does sum up wushu tho~

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haquer posted:

Lack good does sum up wushu tho~

and you.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:agreed:

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
This week only, top up tons of gold and get ultra cool ultra rare lore to look pretty in a dying game!

:allears: Nauty animal where art thou

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Still one of my favorite :snail: images.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I missed low balling people in global chat asking to buy their nuts they were saving for a whale

ln206
Sep 29, 2014
oh man, it has been a while since I played this game. IDK if it gets any better.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

ln206 posted:

oh man, it has been a while since I played this game. IDK if it gets any better.

All the best time of wushu is behind it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

randombattle posted:

All the best time of wushu is behind it.

No sir the future looks bright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTff43Xb3v8

They even changed the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I too am looking forward to revolutionary advertised features such as 'water effect' and 'texture mapping'.