Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Stare-Out posted:

Possibly. There are playable dinosaurs but it's not confirmed if they're actual characters you can switch to or just setpiece type things.

I dunno, are there even a 100 characters to gather from the films, not counting the dinosaurs? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the smaller ones did end up bona fide selectable characters.

edit: I wonder if we'll get super obscure characters that most people don't even recognize, like Henry Wu or something.

edit 2: It seems Wu will have a much bigger role in the new film, so I suppose that'd be a yes

edit 3: A playable Dotson? Or perhaps Gennaro? Or a playable 'the kid from the dig-site' :allears:

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean was another 4-movie-spanning one and it was fantastic so I think we're fine. I mean if someone can turn Pirates 3 and 4 into good games surely they can do it with Jurassic Park 2 and 3.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

KiddieGrinder posted:

I dunno, are there even a 100 characters to gather from the films, not counting the dinosaurs? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the smaller ones did end up bona fide selectable characters.

edit: I wonder if we'll get super obscure characters that most people don't even recognize, like Henry Wu or something.

edit 2: It seems Wu will have a much bigger role in the new film, so I suppose that'd be a yes

Well, if I'm remembering right, in the star wars ones there was a lot of like "Storm Trooper, Storm Trooper (DESERT HELMET)" kind of stuff so I imagine there will be a fair few of TLW's hunters and minor named guys like Gerry Harding and Ray Arnold.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Peanut President posted:

Well, if I'm remembering right, in the star wars ones there was a lot of like "Storm Trooper, Storm Trooper (DESERT HELMET)" kind of stuff so I imagine there will be a fair few of TLW's hunters and minor named guys like Gerry Harding and Ray Arnold.

Don't forget Dodgson. We've got Dodgson here!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

precision posted:

Don't forget Dodgson. We've got Dodgson here!

I don't know, the child characters wouldn't feel safe around him these days. :ohdear:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Huh. Didn't know ol' Lew Dodgson was a pedo.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

precision posted:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean was another 4-movie-spanning one and it was fantastic so I think we're fine. I mean if someone can turn Pirates 3 and 4 into good games surely they can do it with Jurassic Park 2 and 3.

Eh, I thought LEGO POTC was really awful honestly, you could tell it was a transitional game when they were trying new things and none of it worked quite right.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I guess the fact that Lego Jurassic World relies pretty heavily on mechanics already used in previous games isn't all bad. Grant can track dinosaur tracks and certain characters can grow plants to reach new areas etc. like in Lego LOTR.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I fully expect -- nay, demand -- that Lego Jurassic World use some of the previous Lego games' hero/villain roster dichotomy so that there's a whole class of backtracking events that can only be completed by using playable dinosaurs.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

KiddieGrinder posted:

edit 3: A playable Dotson? Or perhaps Gennaro? Or a playable 'the kid from the dig-site' :allears:

If previous games are any indication, they'll have some insanely obscure/minor characters you can unlock. There will probably be different costumes for characters too, like JP1 Malcom, Lost world Malcom, Sexy shirtless Malcom....

Lego Marvel was a lot of fun, and I imagine this one will be the same. They work very well if you have a casual gamer friend/partner/kid, you can't really fail so you partner can just run around smashing stuff and vacuuming up studs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Lego games were funnier when there was no dialogue and there was tons of hilarious miming.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Lego games were funnier when there was no dialogue and there was tons of hilarious miming.

Yeah I do wish they'd go back to that at least one more time. The Star Wars ones were great.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

precision posted:

Yeah I do wish they'd go back to that at least one more time. The Star Wars ones were great.

The Indiana Jones one was a hoot, too.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'd much rather have Operation Genesis 2 than Lego JP, to be honest.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah I want a perfect version of that game, no restrictions, no loving pop/building caps, the ability for dinosaurs to breed in the wild, more buildings, larger maps!!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

As would we all. :sigh:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Chaos Island 2, thanks in advance.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Peanut President posted:

Chaos Island 2, thanks in advance.

It's only a true sequel if fire barriers attract and aggro hunters from across the map to shoot and stare at the pretty fire.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SirDrone posted:

It's only a true sequel if fire barriers attract and aggro hunters from across the map to shoot and stare at the pretty fire.

We have to have Eddie back, as well. "Didn't I die? In the..in the movie I died.."

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Just give me the SNES Jurassic Park game but let me save my god drat game!

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

IMB posted:

Thank you for bringing to my attention that I never played that one ( the second SNES game owned tho) and now thanks to
The miracle of :filez: I can do this exact same thing, insta save and all.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

IMB posted:

Of all the games I had as a kid, that was probably the one my brother and I got the least far in. It relies so heavily on you knowing exactly where to go, and you have to backtrack so much. The overworld is cool (though I remember ammo being real scarce), but god, those 2.5D shooting segments. Scary, clunky, and almost everything looks exactly the same. The elevator music was cool though.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Prolonged Priapism posted:

Of all the games I had as a kid, that was probably the one my brother and I got the least far in. It relies so heavily on you knowing exactly where to go, and you have to backtrack so much. The overworld is cool (though I remember ammo being real scarce), but god, those 2.5D shooting segments. Scary, clunky, and almost everything looks exactly the same. The elevator music was cool though.

A huge tip is that ammo respawns so you can just go back to the bola and rocket launcher ammo over and over again and never have to worry about ammo again.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Peanut President posted:

Trespasser 2, thanks in advance.

Fixed that for you.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Fixed that for you.

I loved this game even though it was so so bad. I remember being super embarrassed to look at my health as a young boy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Serious talk: a competently done Trespasser sequel/remake on modern tech would be amazing. Far Cry: Jurassic Park.

Trespasser was bad because it was a ahead of its time and the tech just wasn't there to deliver on what the developers were aiming for, and instead of scaling back to more realistic goals, they went for broke and then released a game that was chock full of good and innovative ideas but no tech to make them work.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

Serious talk: a competently done Trespasser sequel/remake on modern tech would be amazing. Far Cry: Jurassic Park.

Trespasser was bad because it was a ahead of its time and the tech just wasn't there to deliver on what the developers were aiming for, and instead of scaling back to more realistic goals, they went for broke and then released a game that was chock full of good and innovative ideas but no tech to make them work.

A Trespasser as originally envisioned--a Metroidvainia-esque survival FPS with all of Jurassic Park as a playground--sounds so feasible and bankable now I'm kinda disappointed we're probably never going to get one. :(

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jurassic Park: Isolation

100% my dream game.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
The Hunter: Primal comes so, so close to scratching that itch- shame it isn't done yet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

feedmyleg posted:

Jurassic Park: Isolation

100% my dream game.

A Shadows of Mordor-type Jurassic Park survival sim where the raptors remember your earlier encounters, and when you face them later after they've been promoted to pack leader you can make them fight for you.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

exquisite tea posted:

A Shadows of Mordor-type Jurassic Park survival sim where the raptors remember your earlier encounters, and when you face them later after they've been promoted to pack leader you can make them fight for you.

Shadow of Mordor but you play as a velociraptor, the parkour and combat would suit it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Deakul posted:

Shadow of Mordor but you play as a velociraptor, the parkour and combat would suit it.

GOTY.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Assassin's Creed Raptor Edition would be pretty fun.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Fossil Gear Solid: Lawyer Eater

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Dino May Cry or Dino Crisis 4. Come on, Capcom, do something good for once in your life.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

X-Dino Origins: Wolvelociraptorine

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Capcom vs Marvel vs InGen
Fossil Fantasy VII
Angry Unevolved Birds

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Just replace everything everywhere with raptors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP5wL8XF1_4

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Peanut President posted:

We have to have Eddie back, as well. "Didn't I die? In the..in the movie I died.."

The game was completely broken at some stages, like you could just keep giving characters stat boosts to the point Malcom and Eddie can stun pod t-rexes to bloody gibs or elctrosplode tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I have very fond memories of the Sega Genesis Jurassic Park game, despite it being hard as poo poo, terrible to control, and probably one of the most esoteric final boss solutions I have ever seen.

dirksteadfast fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 24, 2015

• Locked thread