Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I want a sexuTablet. or a suckYou one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Bonzo posted:

I want a sexuTablet. or a suckYou one.

good news!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

quote:

People who buy the phone will get a special PIN for their phone starting with 2AAXXXXX, which designates them a Porsche Design user.

i honestly cant believe someone at blackberry thinks that bbm pins are remotely relevant any more.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

steel chassis in tyool 2015 they can't even afford the R&D for aluminum :lol::lol::lol:

does Porsche even use steel in their cars anymore :laffo::laffo:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

if you don't have a bbm pin you'll die a lonely nerd virgin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdYWEEXuGHQ

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

shyduck posted:

this checks out

:smith:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

but if you do have a bbm pin then that means you own a blackberry so…

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
so at least you'll have lost your anal virginity

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

BlackBerry’s new Passport is eye-catching. Women call it “sexy.” Men say it’s “cool.” And once they use it, iPhone owners apologetically concede that they “only have an iPhone.”

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 18, 2015

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

OldAlias posted:

BlackBerry’s new Passport is eye-catching. Women call it “sexy.” Men say it’s “cool.” And once they use it, iPhone owners apologetically concede that they “only have an iPhone.”

if you believe hard enough tinkerbell will live again

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

OldAlias posted:

please don't post crackberry fanfic articles

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

OldAlias posted:

Tools not Toys. :crosses arms in suit: I'm the type of guy who doesn't like being told what to do. :raises single dreamworks eyebrow: Introducing the new Blackberry Passport. Do more.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I have a coworker who unironically says tools not toys when belittling everyone else's iPhones

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

Tools not Toys. :crosses arms in suit: I'm the type of guy who doesn't like being told what to do. :raises single dreamworks eyebrow: Introducing the new Blackberry Passport. Do more.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
peak conservative canadianity achieved

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

tools not toys :uses the zero apps available:

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

shyduck posted:

they're just distractions, you'd know this if you had a real job

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

shyduck posted:

*hammers in nail with blackberry*

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

graph posted:

Keep Moving.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mister Macys posted:

Keep Moving.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Thinking about upgrading my flipphone to a Blackberry Passport, can I install Android on it? I'm not interested in using the Blackberry OS. Thanks in advance.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
yeah, sure. definitely get one.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

graph posted:

I Should Of Waited.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

i know a couple of people who got a passport through work. they returned them after a week or so because they said that they were too difficult to type on.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/03/blackberry-sales-nowhere-close-morgan/

quote:

BlackBerry Ltd Passport, Classic Sales Weak: Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley notes that sales of the BlackBerry Passport and Classic are far away from the company's target numbers and are not popular even among enterprise users

BlackBerry Ltd. managed to sell only 8,000 units of the Classic and Passport, which is nowhere “close” to what sales of the two handsets should be, stated Morgan Stanley in a report. The firm reiterated its $7 price target on the Canadian firm with an Underweight rating.

BlackBerry a hard sell to enterprise, individual customers
Both phones were launched last year through Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), and recently AT&T started selling them on its network. According to the research firm, a meager 8,000 units of the Classic and Passport were sold, which is far fewer than the 2 million to 3 million target that BlackBerry needs in the 2016 fiscal year. Not just to individual customers, but BlackBerry is also finding it challenging to sell its phones to enterprise customers, which have been a longtime fan of BlackBerry devices.

According to Morgan Stanley, the Canadian company will fall short of its $500 million software revenue target to compensate for the hardware business, and the company will not be able to “get anywhere close” to this target.

Focusing on security and services
Last year the Passport was seen as a promising device as the company garnered impressive initial sales numbers. The second batch also sold quickly. Toward the end of last year, the Canadian smartphone maker launched the Classic, and in North America, the preorder inventory was sold out in December. Amazon has been selling the unlocked version without a contract since the phones were launched.

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company is in its turnaround phase, and CEO John Chen has clearly outlined that his aim is to focus on software and services rather than hardware. Just last week, the company launched the BlackBerry SecuTablet, a high-security tablet for government and enterprise customers. BlackBerry designed the tablet, teaming up with Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (LON:BC94) (KRX:005930) and International Business Machines. Whether or not the BlackBerry SecuTablet will drive the stock ahead has yet to be seen.

On Monday, BlackBerry stock closed down 0.92% at $9.72, while year to date, shares of the Canadian firm are down almost 12%.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
8,000 units? that's basically a rounding error.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

lol at watching a widescreen movie on the cheese phone

perfect aspect ratio for imax movies tho

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

shyduck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdYWEEXuGHQ

lmaaaao

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

The Management posted:

8,000 units? that's basically a rounding error.

that and you factor in that most of those were probably bought by current or ex blackberry staff. At least in Waterloo, no one pays full price for a device. If they work there, they buy it at the employee discount or have a friend do it if they work somewhere else.

One guy on my team bought one and it is the oddest looking this ever.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
8,000 units reminds me of the famous rumor that the Kin sold exactly 503 units

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nagato posted:

8,000 units reminds me of the famous rumor that the Kin sold exactly 503 units

unfortunately, that rumour was false

there were at least 8,810 users of the kin Facebook app :v:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

though i guess you can imagine 8300 kins were given away to microsoft employees/beta testers and 500 were sold

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

which reminds me of the kin user testing videos

http://www.wired.com/2012/11/unreleased-internal-microsoft-videos-show-why-kin-crashed-and-burned/

quote:

In this first video, testers are giving open-ended, overall feedback in their own words. It’s not good. As one product tester notes, “It’s frustrating, I can imagine my daughter would give this back very quickly.”

http://www.wired.com/2012/11/exclusive-additional-microsoft-kin-usability-testing-videos-reveal-deeply-flawed-device/

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
roz ho making her employees assemble at 3am twice so she could call on a kin from the top of kilimanjaro

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

graph posted:

roz ho making her employees assemble at 3am twice so she could call on a kin from the top of kilimanjaro

lmao i didnt remember this

quote:

The ultimate expression of her clueless pomposity was than during the heat of the development battle, when the project was struggling mightily with technical and personnel problems, she took three weeks off to hike to the top of mount Kilimanjaro. And while going on vacation at that time was poor timing for a leader of a troubled project, she made it 1000 times worse by calling attention to it. She wanted a Pink prototype to be given to her so she could call the team from the top of the mountain. The drat thing was so unstable at the time and the team had to get on a conference call at midnight to hear her call in. The call never came through and we were supposed to get on the call the next night because she wasn't at the top yet or something. The call didn't come through again and we were told she couldn't get a signal.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lmao i didnt remember this

or the time she nuked a chunk of the azure infrastructure with no backups

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

i know a couple of people who got a passport through work. they returned them after a week or so because they said that they were too difficult to type on.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/03/blackberry-sales-nowhere-close-morgan/

"The Waterloo, Ontario-based company is in its turnaround phase,"

spinning round and round in a toilet does not constitute a "turnaround"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

The BlackBerry Passport hasn’t felt awkward or oversized. In fact, I’d be more prone to describe the Passport as ‘sexy.’ I recall tweeting that I needed a new pair of black Christian Louboutins to complement my new gadget. The only interference I’ve noted is from having long fingernails. I usually keep my nails short, but as they’ve grown out, I’ve had to be more deliberate when using the keyboard. Other than that, it isn’t too big or masculine

e. https://www.facebook.com/pages/SEXY-Blackberry-Users-18/350031595009612

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 18, 2015

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm fairly certain that blackberry only exists now as a way to transfer value from the shareholders to the creditors (who chose the CEO). they are only pretending to be working on products to avoid lawsuits.

hey blackula, do an investigative report on this

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

want to short bbry but there's still a chance some other company will buy them for a stupid amount of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

want to short bbry but there's still a chance some other company will buy them for a stupid amount of money

don't short a company when it's already low, the time to short was when it was at $80 and it was obvious it would all crumble

• Locked thread