Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SmokaDustbowl posted:

as a yakuza it is my honour bound duty to beat the poo poo out of a guy infront of mcdonalds then eat 3 filet o fish in a row

i learned that bicycles were never meant for riding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How's Hotline Miami 2 though? Just more of HM1?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Mostly, but it's exponentially harder and unfortunately mostly in bullshit ways, expect to get off-screen sniped a lot and to die like 50+ times a floor.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SynthOrange posted:

still good but harder since the levels tend to be bigger and your ability/mask choices are more limited

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Harder than the last section of HM1? Because that was already reaching my bullshit tolerance.

Man I cant even buy only the soundtrack here. :australia:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Harder than the last section of HM1? Because that was already reaching my bullshit tolerance.

Man I cant even buy only the soundtrack here. :australia:

It's been a while since I played the first game but harder.

More "special" enemies including a new type that can't be shot (only melee kills them), more restrictions, like some levels feature a writer character who generally doesn't kill; he can't pick up knives, and can't use guns (he unloads them if you pick them up, preventing others from using them), but can knock people out if you use bats/pipes/etc or punch people when they're down

maps are enormous and i'm sure some have like 40 enemies so ammo is always an issue and if you die you start all over

the tony mask or equivalent is generally an option but can't pick up weapons anymore so it's tons of enemy baiting and hoping you don't get quickdrawed on

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw man.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

i wouldn't say that it's very bullshit but i would probably find it a lot easier if i had recently finished hotline 1

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I will say this: it does make things pretty intense

nothing like having spent 10 minutes picking off everyone else and being down to a giant bodyguard, shotgun dude, and dog, and waiting for the timing to be just right to finish them off.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

that was already hm1 in a lot of places

the thing i liked about the first one was some kind of crazy poo poo would always go terribly wrong so you're like "well, that wasn't so ba-" *CRUSHED TO gently caress BY A VAN*

is that kind of stuff still in?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

that was already hm1 in a lot of places

the thing i liked about the first one was some kind of crazy poo poo would always go terribly wrong so you're like "well, that wasn't so ba-" *CRUSHED TO gently caress BY A VAN*

is that kind of stuff still in?

no, i think if the game ever says "clear, go to car" you're out of harm's way

there are, if memory serves, two abrupt level endings (in one you just have to reach someone, the other ends if you die and there's an alt ending if you survive)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
welp, just finished it. didn't realize i was that close to the end. thought the actor would be more important but that's a hell of a way to both tease and eliminate any possibility of a sequel

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
which one of you paid 60 bucks to play the ff 15 demo? trip report?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

tried another mun landing last night, landed on the bright side but still tipped over

jeb :ohdear:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

is there a kerbal mod that lets me set a maneuver node directly at my apoapsis/periapsis? it looks like precise node might do that but thats also very confusing so idk

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*
mechjeb will do that in addition to about a billion other things. have you been to minmus yet? it's much easier to land on/return from than mun is, makes for faster learning imo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

PatRichCapone posted:

mechjeb will do that in addition to about a billion other things. have you been to minmus yet? it's much easier to land on/return from than mun is, makes for faster learning imo

im trying to play without mechjeb, it's more satisfying to control the ship myself. i havent been to minmus yet, i was planning on doing a landing/return from the mun before reaching out

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
yea minmus is easier because it has like 0 gravity so even if you do tip over you can use gyros to flip up right again

also it has little lakes that are perfectly flat ice

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

yea minmus is easier because it has like 0 gravity so even if you do tip over you can use gyros to flip up right again

also it has little lakes that are perfectly flat ice

alright, ill try a minmus landing instead. how does the dv compare?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
minmus is easier than it looks. the dv to get there from kerbin orbit is higher and you have to take its inclination into account. the dv to be captured, land, take off, and head home is much lower

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*

Notorious QIG posted:

i don't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head but i can tell you that if you send your mun lander out to minmus instead you'll have plenty of extra fuel

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

minmus is easier than it looks. the dv to get there from kerbin orbit is higher and you have to take its inclination into account. the dv to be captured, land, take off, and head home is much lower

PatRichCapone posted:

i don't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head but i can tell you that if you send your mun lander out to minmus instead you'll have plenty of extra fuel

neat, thanks. ill try a minmus landing tonight then

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
is that ffxv demo out?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Kuvo posted:

is that ffxv demo out?

idk

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
oh i guess it got released with that type-0 game or whatever

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

persona 4 is 5$ on psn for ps3 rn i'll probably buy it

Not Baldur's Gate is coming out in a week i am maybe excited

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh poo poo you mean pillars of eternity? wonder how i get my steam key

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Notorious QIG posted:

if you have enough dv to even attempt a mun landing, you probably have enough to get to minmus, land at two or three sites, and get back to kerbin. ~200dv is sufficient to take off and get back home tho 400 is probably safer if you're not too used to it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Iridium posted:

if you have enough dv to even attempt a mun landing, you probably have enough to get to minmus, land at two or three sites, and get back to kerbin. ~200dv is sufficient to take off and get back home tho 400 is probably safer if you're not too used to it.

ok ive got more than enough then, thanks

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

oh poo poo you mean pillars of eternity? wonder how i get my steam key

yeah

Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive today announced that Pillars of Eternity, the fan-funded modern take on a classic role-playing game (RPG) set in an original world created by some of the best minds in RPG development, has reached “Gold Master” (GM) status, and is now ready for its release on March 26, 2015

and

"The game will release globally, with backers receiving their digital copies as well." :iiam:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah

Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive today announced that Pillars of Eternity, the fan-funded modern take on a classic role-playing game (RPG) set in an original world created by some of the best minds in RPG development, has reached “Gold Master” (GM) status, and is now ready for its release on March 26, 2015

and

"The game will release globally, with backers receiving their digital copies as well." :iiam:

i figured it out, apparently i reg'd on their site like a year ago with a code from the kickstarter so i just have to go there and login to get my download link on the 26th. hopefully i get a steam key too

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Notorious QIG posted:

im trying to play without mechjeb, it's more satisfying to control the ship myself. i havent been to minmus yet, i was planning on doing a landing/return from the mun before reaching out

mechjeb will be a godsend on your 300th launch and don't want to worry about stuff till you clear kerbin

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

saucepanman posted:

mechjeb will be a godsend on your 300th launch and don't want to worry about stuff till you clear kerbin

yeah i know but for right now i like manual control of everything

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pinterest Mom posted:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SCL/sword-coast-legends

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that's the bg clone that looks really bad and is an obvious rush job right?

(man gamersgate really got their ~brand~ demolished)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah gamersgate has had a whole bunch of press releases that are basically "we're not gamergate and we do not support harassment please leave us alone"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm honestly surprised that they haven't changed their name yet

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

and let the terrorists win???????

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'm honestly surprised that they haven't changed their name yet

"we're proud to announce our rebranding effort. henceforth we shall be known as the 'krazy key kollective'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Notorious QIG posted:

"we're proud to announce our rebranding effort. henceforth we shall be known as the 'krazy key kollective'"

we are excited to partner with new and zany ideas llc to assist with our rebranding

• Locked thread