Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Slo-Tek posted:

Aaron Schock has resigned. The Representative from Caterpillar's spending irregularities (and poor taste in those) show him as out of touch with his teabag base, it appears.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/aaron-schock-resigns-116153.html

Too bad, I'd take a hundred more Schocks if we could rid Congress of Tom Cotton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001
I found a real life person that shared something from Crowder

King Metal fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 18, 2015

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

King Metal posted:

Unfriend them?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
This is amazing: Republican Women say, "War No More", but the men keep shooting their mouths off

Washington Post posted:

In recent weeks, Republican state legislators have described a pregnant woman as “the child’s host” rather than a mother (in Virginia), called women a “lesser cut of meat” (South Carolina), likened Planned Parenthood to the Islamic State terror group (South Dakota), proposed legislation outlawing yoga pants (Montana) and suggested that it is not rape when a man has sex with an unconscious woman if he is in a relationship with her (Utah).

Keep talking, you idiots.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

quote:

Then there was the matter of the emcee, Penny Young Nance, the chief executive of Concerned Women for America. On Fox News last month, she criticized the children’s movie “Frozen,” of all things, for making men seem useless. She said the animated film — which features princesses and a singing snowman named Olaf — empowered women at “the cost of tearing down men” and argued that boys should be taught that “we want to raise heroes. We want to raise real men.”

this person is someone others listen to?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

joeburz posted:

and vote for, and willingly give money to.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What kind of rear end in a top hat wants to ban yoga pants?!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

site posted:

The kind that loses Lt. Gov. elections in Virginia in a landslide.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

site posted:

IIRC, the lawmaker in question was concerned about things like cameltoe (seriously) and it's siren-song effects on men.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

site posted:

(note the 2012 date)

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

(note the 2012 date)

This is literally what happened although it was also because of a naked bike ride protest that the guy flipped out over.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

site posted:

Sexually insecure men who think their wives will end up straying if another man sees them wearing yoga pants?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

quote:

Then there was the matter of the emcee, Penny Young Nance, the chief executive of Concerned Women for America. On Fox News last month, she criticized the children’s movie “Frozen,” of all things, for making men seem useless. She said the animated film — which features princesses and a singing snowman named Olaf — empowered women at “the cost of tearing down men” and argued that boys should be taught that “we want to raise heroes. We want to raise real men.”
Of course! How it should've ended is the guy who attempted to marry into the royal family should've shattered Anna and killed Elsa to assume the crown! A *real* man.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

robotsinmyhead posted:

IIRC, the lawmaker in question was concerned about things like cameltoe (seriously) and it's siren-song effects on men.

Tie me to the mast, they're too beautiful!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The woman pictured in that article is the former HP CEO yet looks like she always wants to speak with the manager.

quote:

Nance, the moderator, speculated that the Democrats’ war-on-women allegations from 2012 and 2014 will return. “If we actually do in 2016 see the top of the Democratic ticket as Claire Underwood, I mean Hillary Clinton — I keep getting those two mixed up — I think this is going to be back,” Nance said
Wonder how many times she practiced that one in the mirror while laughing hysterically at her epic burn

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

joeburz posted:

whats up with conservative pundits and frozen? every other second it seems that encouraging, gays,feminism,bestiality and/or satanism. I assume its because its popular and has strong female characters, iv never seen it so i don't know.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

Of course! How it should've ended is the guy who attempted to marry into the royal family should've shattered Anna and killed Elsa to assume the crown! A *real* man.
Hey man, say what you will about Hans. He was a go-getter and ambitious. Republicans respect that.

pengun101 posted:

whats up with conservative pundits and frozen? every other second it seems that encouraging, gays,feminism,bestiality and/or satanism. I assume its because its popular and has strong female characters, iv never seen it so i don't know.
That's the main reason. There's also the fact that of the two male main characters one doesn't actually have that much importance to the plot and the other is the villain.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 18, 2015

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pengun101 posted:

I think the best part is its still going a year later.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

pengun101 posted:

It does the old an act of true love will save you troupe. The movie leads on that it is the love from the male character that will save the girl. It flips to the love from her sister (sacrificing herself) is what saves her.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Chadderbox posted:

Sexually insecure men who think their wives will end up straying if another man sees them wearing yoga pants?

I figured it was Christians who simultaneously want to ruin everyone elses fun and protest loudly to make sure everyone knows they aren't looking at those girls from youth groups rears.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Deadulus posted:

It does the old an act of true love will save you troupe. The movie leads on that it is the love from the male character that will save the girl. It flips to the love from her sister (sacrificing herself) is what saves her.

It's her own act of love for her sister that saves Anna, which gives her a lot more agency than the traditional "someone save me" princess. So you can see why assholes would hate it.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
And it's not like the guy doesn't have a chance. They have her flirting with him at the end of the movie...

:psyduck:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Where the gently caress is all this bullshit coming from where Obama tried to sabotage Bibi's election?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Doctor Butts posted:

Where the gently caress is all this bullshit coming from where Obama tried to sabotage Bibi's election?

One of the head dudes at OFA took a job with the Israeli opposition. Obviously he didn't do a great job of it, but that's the connection.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That guy is profoundly lucky if that's all Obama did

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Local conservative radio was saying that the state department was funneling money to Bibi's opposition. Is this actually a thing?

Also, he said this was going to piss off the Israeli lobby in America. Lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

King Metal posted:

My stepfather shared that today... :ohdear:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If I hear one more person call for a "national conversation on race"

DEAR RACIST LIBERALS WHO WANT TO TALK ABOUT RACISM FOR SOME REASON.

I'm just gonna say it, machine gun these people.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Glenn Beck has left the Republican Party, presumably to begin construction on his Randian megacity.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
I touched the poop at that Breitbart thread I linked to.

"The Confederacy was okay because other countries were okay with slavery at one point in time."

Nonsense posted:

:commissar:

We used to.

But now we can't.

ed

There was a Reddit thread where some guy was saying how he's an Iraqi and even though he knows more people died post invasion compared to Saddam with no end of violence in sight, it was totally worth it because before he couldn't use Reddit but now he can.

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 18, 2015

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Glenn Beck has left the Republican Party, presumably to begin construction on his Randian megacity.

Sure he did. Not just gonna vote straight republican in all elections or anything.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The NRA does whatever Beck wants, and he "leaves" the party, I bet they still will do what he wants.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Glen Beck is leaving the Republican Party the way Brett Favre retired from football.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Nonsense posted:

The NRA does whatever Beck wants, and he "leaves" the party, I bet they still will do what he wants.

Yeah I was wondering if the NRA kissing his ring made him think of testing his powers on the whole party. Maybe I still have influence! "Man in the moon part 2: Moon over my amnesty" will get made after all!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

VideoTapir posted:

I'd love to see some right wing faces upon meeting one of my Chinese Muslim friends.

:bahgawd: "loving slant-eyed terrorists"

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 18, 2015

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Nonsense posted:

If I hear one more person call for a "national conversation on race"

DEAR RACIST LIBERALS WHO WANT TO TALK ABOUT RACISM FOR SOME REASON.

Believe it or not this makes you just as bad as any of them.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Killing them might be over the top, but you should probably sever any social connections with anyone who both knows who Steven Crowder is and treats him with anything but pure contempt.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Killing them might be over the top

There's a reason the last effective leftist was Robespierre.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

In other news, apparently Trump is starting the process of another campaign. :getin:

URL says it all really: http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-i-am-the-only-one-who-can-make-america-truly-great-again-2015-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Killing them might be over the top, but you should probably sever any social connections with anyone who both knows who Steven Crowder is and treats him with anything but pure contempt.

Or maybe just spend less time on Facebook if fairly boring mainstream political positions cause you to advocate murder.