Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Imo changing the minimap so you see the whole thing at once is the most important change you can make from the console. It made a way bigger difference to me than all the other crap people tell you to adjust, including the crosshair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Imo changing the minimap so you see the whole thing at once is the most important change you can make from the console. It made a way bigger difference to me than all the other crap people tell you to adjust, including the crosshair.

What are the commands for this?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Jumping in on auto cfg chat: Whats the command to turn of switching to a gun when you pick it up. I always have to turn that off manually every time I reload the game and it's annoying.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What are the commands for this?

I got it all from this page http://www.tobyscs.com/csgo-radar-settings/

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

FMPONE posted:

Please do this

No you

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I switched to no rotate on my radar like a month ago. Not sure if I like it though. What do the good players itt use?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I switched to no rotate on my radar like a month ago. Not sure if I like it though. What do the good players itt use?

Default errything (I probably don't qualify as good).

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Backalley is fun but jesus I hate Workout.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Carecat posted:

but jesus I hate Workout.

csgoplayers.txt!!

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Workout is my favorite map aesthetically but I've literally never seen it in comp MM.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Carecat posted:

Workout is fun but jesus I hate Backalley.
I fixed it for you.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Carecat posted:

Jesus is fun, but I hate working out my backalley.

double fixed

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Workout was actually a pretty decent map the few times I played it. All the rounds were really dynamic and there was no place where you were truly 'safe' unlike a lot of hostage maps. CTs had to be aggressive and move quickly to take advantage of any holes they opened and to prevent being surrounded while Ts had to constantly be reacting to the CTs pressure. Sure there were ridiculously huge firing lanes but snipers could never hold them down for more than a shot or two as they were always exposed. Insertion was a ton of fun too and I want it to be an official map

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
Last time I played workout we were against 3 GEs who claimed they only played workout so that was fun...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sitting Bull posted:

Last time I played workout we were against 3 GEs who claimed they only played workout so that was fun...
So what happens for them when Vanguard is over?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

UltraVariant posted:

Just keep playing the map? You can still play on them right? It's just not restricted due to the event being over.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

UltraVariant posted:

i don't know, but its a popular strategy for some MM try-hards - pick an unpopular map, then queue it with a stack over and over and over to rank up. the idea is that if you have 5 that play really well on a map, especially a map that nobody really knows that well, you'll win more.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Seaside was a fun map tho

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Crain posted:

Just keep playing the map? You can still play on them right? It's just not restricted due to the event being over.
No it's done and they're gone, unless the map is decided to carry on (such as Cache or Overpass).

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

This shouldn't happen

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
When are they remaking CS_docks? And foption..

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

Ephedra posted:

I would love to play foption in csgo....

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Apparition posted:

This shouldn't happen
I agree, nobody should post such tiny screenshots.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Ephedra posted:

Foption had a weird rear end layout

Or maybe it was zoption

I'll take arabstreets

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Apparition posted:

This shouldn't happen

I don't get it.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Crain posted:

I don't get it.
I think it was the low ranked silvers + unrankeds going against a few higher novas

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
The enemy team's top guy seems like he can hang kinda.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

If you queue as a 5 stack, it seems to match you against the one of you with the highest rank. So they were probably a 5 stack with one being a ~GN3, rest silvers.

One of the reasons why smurfing is so common these days. If you're like DMG and your friends are silver/gold nova, you'll just get owned if you queue together because it'll match you against 5 DMGs.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Smol posted:

If you queue as a 5 stack, it seems to match you against the one of you with the highest rank. So they were probably a 5 stack with one being a ~GN3, rest silvers.

One of the reasons why smurfing is so common these days. If you're like DMG and your friends are silver/gold nova, you'll just get owned if you queue together because it'll match you against 5 DMGs.

Except its 3 unranked and a few silvers...

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Foption had a weird rear end layout

Or maybe it was zoption

I'll take arabstreets

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh you bested me.. It was Zoption... The cs map... Hilarious fun.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

Every player has a rank for matchmaking purposes, it's just not visible before 10 wins.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

Crain posted:

I don't get it.

there's a huge skill disparity, and there weren't any 5 stacks

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

GreyPowerVan posted:

Enemy team has a bot, so whoever was in that spot could have been Nova.

Also like others have said, unranked players do have a rank, it's just hidden.

Smol posted:

This is why I smurf more than I play on my main account. I don't play solo, and when I do play I'm playing with friends who are all low novas. It simply wouldn't be fun for them to play with me on my normal account.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Smol posted:

...this is wrong lol

I just queue'd up 5-stack the other day and it average'd the ranks between me and my buddies and we fought a team of what the average was.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 18, 2015

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Daeno posted:

...this is wrong lol

I just queue'd up 5-stack the other day and it average'd the ranks between me and my buddies and we fought a team of what the average was.

I used to queue with two Silver 2s, a Silver 1, a Nova 1 and a Nova 3 and every enemy team had Novas 2, every time. Eventually they just gave up and stopped playing with us.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I agree that its wrong. I think it just gives your "Average" or whatever a little bump. Definitely there is a bump upwards involved if you 5-stack. Usually what I see is that we'll queue with 4 MGIIs and 1 LEM and we'll play all MGIs who go 16-0 against us and we have like 4 kills combined on our team.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Daeno posted:

...this is wrong lol

I think it's been said that they don't average the ranks. Instead they add the elo scores together, and then try to find a team with similar elo score added together. It has the effect of pushing the ranks up a bit when you queue together.

So if a DMG and a silver IV queued together, you'd expect the average to be nova 3-4ish. But using the points instead you'd likely be playing against a bunch of mg1-2s.

Don't have any official source for this though, so it could be wrong.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
What you just described is exactly the same thing as averaging one teams elo and matching them against another team with the same average elo...

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

astr0man posted:

What you just described is exactly the same thing as averaging one teams elo and matching them against another team with the same average elo...

There's a difference between averaging the rank and averaging the elo. I don't know why I didn't just say that instead.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Cool I just opened a FN M9 marble fade lol

• Locked thread