Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Don't know if this was posted on an earlier page, but YES

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409737662&searchtext=

I hope it catches fire easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

cthulhoo posted:

Simtropolis for me. I'm not a dirty pirate unlike ~some people~ and Google knows and respects that. :colbert:

You wouldn't steal an intersection...

Wait yes I would, that was the whole point of the search.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

vyelkin posted:

The best is when the mod makers respond to that comments saying "Why don't you upload it somewhere else?" by saying "Why don't you buy the game?"

drat. :iceburn:

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

bitcoin bastard posted:

The first Google result for "cities skylines spui" is a torrent site. :psyduck:

Pirating's just part of the deal nowadays. People will pirate $0.99 games, but Paradox was smart making Skylines $30 (cheap) and making mod support so easy on Steam for this exact reason. At the end of the day you can't stop people from pirating but you sure as poo poo can give them a good reason to pay you. The alternative is you can make the game always online (SC2013) but we all know how that went over.

I didn't work at Maxis but from what I understand of the industry I'm 90% sure EA forced Maxis to make SimCity online-only, Maxis said if we're gonna do that, we may as well make regions for multiple people to play with co-op resources, and if we do that, we'll have to restrict the size of city plots. You get this terrible series of design decisions based on one top-level business decision.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 18, 2015

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Dear Chewbot please upload the boreal LUT, tia.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

cthulhoo posted:

Dear Chewbot please upload the boreal LUT, tia.

I'll probably have two ready to go later today but (theoretically) I am working right now :D

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So for people who want to vertically stack roads, there's now a mod for that. Should be good for multi-level bridges and stuff, I think.

Why is there no thread on SA for ZZT and MegaZeux?

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Poil posted:

Wouldn't it be a shame if someone were to download their mods and upload them to the workshop? Just saying. :shrug:

I don't know- as irritating as that community is I'm still not willing to flat out steal content and market it as my own.

But if someone else were to do it I'd have no problem subscribing to it.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Roadie posted:

So for people who want to vertically stack roads, there's now a mod for that. Should be good for multi-level bridges and stuff, I think.

If someone fucks with this please post a trip report.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

As a random tossing it out there, you know what I want? More water towers and water tanks.

Too bad I know jack poo poo about modding or making 3D stuff. I haven't modded crap since SC3k's little editor. :v:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Okay people ripping the entire steam library of workshop items and putting it in a pirate pack is kind of weird

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Regarding water towers and stuff. When I get my head around modelling I'm so making those ugly natural gas structures that you see in the UK. The things where they go up and down , like big tanks surrounded by metal trusses.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Okay people ripping the entire steam library of workshop items and putting it in a pirate pack is kind of weird

Fake internet points is a hell of a drug.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Brightman posted:

I think everyone, myself included, is angry with them for being rear end-hats for the better part of the last decade regarding sim city 4 mods and poo poo. Looking around on the workshop it looks like most of the stuff they've made is on there or another version of the thing is on there. So while their argument is valid, they're dicks, except the ones that are cross-posting on both sites, they're doing it right I guess.

Did something happen? I haven't been on there in a long time and I don't remember there being any hatred.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

simosimo posted:

Regarding water towers and stuff. When I get my head around modelling I'm so making those ugly natural gas structures that you see in the UK. The things where they go up and down , like big tanks surrounded by metal trusses.

Like this?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

No, more like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_holder

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

So, the No Pillars mod : ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409073164 )
Messes a bit with dams too.

Enough that it's possible to build dams at any height your want ( just anchor it off an elevated road.)
So you can build seawalls n poo poo with it, thanks to the fact that you can turn on/off collision via the mod.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I had never heard of a Pinavia interchange before, but now I want to use this everywhere.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409448263

E: A better explanation of whats going on here:

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 18, 2015

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Roadie posted:

Why is there no thread on SA for ZZT and MegaZeux?

Probably because there's only a half-dozen of us who would care about such a thread.

I have a new favorite art asset. Los Pollos Hermanos! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409855597

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you like KSP, then you probably know this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9n1BPu2fGQ

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm bummed he didn't zoom out so we could see gaben with a city on his face.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I wanted to make a district with nothing but 1x1 HD buildings to see how it would look.

Town motto: Pastel as Hell!

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

They should be fixing the commerical demand problem soon according to CO -

quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Co_Karoliina View Post
We have found the reason for the issue and are trying a few ways of fixing it. If all goes well, there will be a fix very soon! My apologies for this issue slipping past us originally, we are working hard to get it fixed.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

I built this a few days ago.

The problem is there's no way to hook it up. CO hasn't said what modellers need to do to tell the game where the pipe hookup point is. So you can plop it down, but there's no way to connect your pipes to it. Hopefully someone will work it out.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This game needs a slider for how desirable neighboring lands are. Making neighbors super desirable would be hard mode for population growth. On the other hand, making the neighboring areas undesirable could do more than just make the game easy. It might make a totally resource starved, awful desert area tenable as a mad max/slum land. I want to have towns with staying residents who have to deal with terrible crime, fires, and limited job prospects but who are too hardcore and desperate to leave.

Once I play about with the map editor I may make a basically barren map with very limited resources and try to make a handful of teeny towns that connect for a tiny bit of trade.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Has anyone started any university mods that make building an extensive campus possible/interesting?

So far there is just the "old university" building on Steam Workshop, which is a pretty nice building. I made a campus of sorts in my town, and I zoned in some offices to fill it in, some high density residential to fill in for residence buildings, and I'll probably later add a hospital, library, and high tech industrial as well, since a university campus is more than just 100% academic buildings.,

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Enos Shenk posted:

I built this a few days ago.

The problem is there's no way to hook it up. CO hasn't said what modellers need to do to tell the game where the pipe hookup point is. So you can plop it down, but there's no way to connect your pipes to it. Hopefully someone will work it out.

Does the water tower template in the asset editor not include a hookup point in the template?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Cojawfee posted:

Did something happen? I haven't been on there in a long time and I don't remember there being any hatred.

To my knowledge nothing specific, just them being acting like a typical modding community these days. The big annoyance was with the whole dependencies thing, where you'd download one building or mod and then have to grab a dozen others, some of which with their own dependencies, etc. Someone mentioned ad.fly earlier, but I don't know for sure if they started getting into that heavily like minecraft and ksp modders did. I guess the current thing would be not putting their stuff up on the Workshop for whatever reason.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Especially when the workshop supports collections, which not only link the original work, but let you add all the content in the collection with one button. Why would anyone want to go back to the old way of doing things like it was in Simcity 4?

xergm fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 18, 2015

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Brightman posted:

Someone mentioned ad.fly earlier, but I don't know for sure if they started getting into that heavily like minecraft and ksp modders did.

It's there atm on simtropolis unless you're logged in.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

SubNat posted:

So, the No Pillars mod : ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409073164 )
Messes a bit with dams too.

Enough that it's possible to build dams at any height your want ( just anchor it off an elevated road.)
So you can build seawalls n poo poo with it, thanks to the fact that you can turn on/off collision via the mod.

So if you pump out that water you can basically build Holland? Rinse, repeat and grow your kingdom below sea level? I guess that could sort of work for New Orleans and Dallas, as well.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oh by the way, earlier I learned you can just dezone the land out from under buildings and they'll naturally despawn. Previously I had been manually demolishing every building before wiping out the now blank zone squares to rezone or remodel. :downs:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

cthulhoo posted:

It's there atm on simtropolis unless you're logged in.

Well there ya go, gently caress 'em. Also I remember what the big thing was back during sim city 4 modding, they were getting really mad at people making collections/bundles of mods. We had a goon torrent of sim city 4 mods that was pretty great, I think I still have them, but I don't know if they knew about that one specifically. It was just childish.

bitcoin bastard posted:

I had never heard of a Pinavia interchange before, but now I want to use this everywhere.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=409448263

And yoink, thanks for that. Will be good for the second city when I build it not like a jackass who lets old districts wallow in industrial waste and just appease them by throwing in a half dozen clinics and cemeteries around the area.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
Anyone know if there's a mod that lets me move landfills that aren't empty?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Brightman posted:

Will be good for the second city when I build it not like a jackass who lets old districts wallow in industrial waste and just appease them by throwing in a half dozen clinics and cemeteries around the area.
That's kinda chilling! "Here's a bunch of hospitals and graveyards - you're gonna need them"

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Brightman posted:

Well there ya go, gently caress 'em. Also I remember what the big thing was back during sim city 4 modding, they were getting really mad at people making collections/bundles of mods.

Sounds like minecraft-tier awful. Why the gently caress would anyone not want to have their mods easily accessible so that it spreads like wildfire? :confused:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Every couple years I get massive dead body issues around town. I don't think it's a traffic problem since fires get put out and the garbage is picked up in those areas. I've tried spamming cemeteries and turning the medical budget up to 150%, but the bodies keep piling up. If I let it go long enough, the buildings get abandoned and replaced, so it's not killing the city, but all of those notifications are annoying.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lester Shy posted:

Every couple years I get massive dead body issues around town. I don't think it's a traffic problem since fires get put out and the garbage is picked up in those areas. I've tried spamming cemeteries and turning the medical budget up to 150%, but the bodies keep piling up. If I let it go long enough, the buildings get abandoned and replaced, so it's not killing the city, but all of those notifications are annoying.

People die when they get old.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Noyemi K posted:

Sounds like minecraft-tier awful. Why the gently caress would anyone not want to have their mods easily accessible so that it spreads like wildfire? :confused:

No one knows exactly because they're all insane and unable to articulate themselves coherently.

They talk about copyright a lot though so it either has to do with maintaining recognition or making money off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

So how do you guys deal with noise pollution. Just changing the streets to have trees or is there something else?