Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Scientastic posted:

That's why it's a "hack". It takes way more effort than the normal way, causes more inconvenience and creates washing up. Buts it's different to the regular way, therefore it CHANGES YOUR LIFE COMPLETELY WITH ONE SIMPLE TRICK AND EVERYONE IS AMAZED.

Well, considering it's actually helpful when you have to peel a metric fuckload of garlic, I can't help but wonder how many other lifehacks become actually useful when you apply them to larger amounts of whatever they're supposed to hack out of your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lifehack: construct a custom factory to cater to your niche needs of elephantine proportions.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The mass peeling probably sees a lot of use in professional kitchens where you do need a poo poo ton of garlic. On the other hand, it's also incredibly easy to buy a jar of pre-peeled garlic at a supermarket. Are there any downsides to doing that?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

ChaosArgate posted:

The mass peeling probably sees a lot of use in professional kitchens where you do need a poo poo ton of garlic. On the other hand, it's also incredibly easy to buy a jar of pre-peeled garlic at a supermarket. Are there any downsides to doing that?

It tends not to taste as good as freshly prepared garlic. But unless you're a purist or a GWS sperg it's probably not going to matter to you, too much.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

coke zero mit mayo posted:

Everyone I know has this thing. If you don't have one you might as well live in a loving cave.

HOLEE CRAP, mah cave has such a lovely view from the 4th floor!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

fresh garlic is stronger and cheaper, so you get more out of using less

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

From the 3DS thread in games:

Turtlicious posted:

How dumb is cutting apart the game cart cases to get those little cart holders out and super gluing them to the back of my nu3dsm, My girlfriend shouted at me "What are you doing!?" over and over then ripped the thing out of my hands getting krazy glue everywhere. was it really that bad of an idea?

Many 3DS cases have pockets to carry more games with you but hey, gently caress that, let's get some glue!

Later...

About a week after that...

Turtlicious posted:

So uhhh... Anyone know some good decal girl skins?

e: I'm an idiot, please help me hide my shame.

e:

Sodium Chloride has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Mar 17, 2015

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sodium Chloride posted:

Many 3DS cases have pockets to carry more games with you but hey, gently caress that, let's get some glue!

Later...

About a week after that...

Probably not the first time he's asked the Internet about girl skins.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this wouldnt have happened if he just used gorilla glue instead

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Karate Bastard posted:

Lifehack: construct a custom factory to cater to your niche needs of elephantine proportions.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

pandaK posted:

this wouldnt have happened if he had a hot glue gun

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Bhodi posted:

You can buy minced garlic in oil or water and it lasts for months and is sold in every store; I can't believe it's as dangerous as all that. Fortunately I don't cook with more than a clove or two at a time and I'm happy to just peel it like a normal person

Commercially manufactured garlic in olive oil has acid added to neutralize botulism, which won't grow below a pH of 4.6. Here's an example (just the first product that came up Amazon for garlic in olive oil).

You can do the same at home, by just adding lemon juice to your infused oil. Also, there's basically no risk if you're using the oil promptly, and very little risk if you infuse the oil over heat for a short period of time and then remove the garlic and store only the oil.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I would use citric acid powder or acetic acid powder though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Acetylsalicylic acid powder. This is the lifehack thread after all. Acidify your food, cure your headache, and give your children Reye Syndrome all in one easy step.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

True story: I eat citric acid and ascorbic acid recreationally. I can't keep it in the house for canning or other acid-related hobbies. because I'll dip my finger in the bag, and dip my finger in the bag, and dip my finger in the bag, until I need another bag.

Citric acid has kick.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Centripetal Horse posted:

True story: I eat citric acid and ascorbic acid recreationally. I can't keep it in the house for canning or other acid-related hobbies. because I'll dip my finger in the bag, and dip my finger in the bag, and dip my finger in the bag, until I need another bag.

Citric acid has kick.

Lifehack: keep dipping into your citric acid stash? Try snorting it for faster bioavailability!

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Sodium Chloride posted:

Pure stupid

I remember reading that thread and the guy going "It's all a joke! I really didn't glue this poo poo to my actual 3DS!"

I'm so glad my suspicions were true and he actually did loving glue that bullshit to his case.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Lifehack: keep dipping into your citric acid stash? Try snorting it for faster bioavailability!

Lifehack Protip: Stuff it up your rear end for even faster availability! Doctors hate this trick!

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Citric acid has kick.

As a child, my friends were amazed that I could home make sherbert powder. It's literally just vitamin C and powdered sugar ground together.

Lifehack: Make your own sherbert and neighbourhood children will think you're a wizard. Try distributing it from an unmarked van to meet new and interesting police officers and DEA officials!

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Lifehack: Spell sherbet correctly, motherfucker

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Sure, Bert.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

TheChaosPath posted:

Lifehack: Recognize spelling is a fake idea. Send angry letters to dictionary companies. No gods, no masters, no dictionaries. :getin:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

TheChaosPath posted:

Sorbet, surely.:viggo:

e: VVVV But then I couldn't be smug about it it wouldn't be a lifehack.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Mar 18, 2015

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Or you can read the article you just linked that clearly makes the distinction.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Dude, the new 3DSes have interchangeable cases, even. Extra dumb.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Loomer posted:

As a child, my friends were amazed that I could home make sherbert powder. It's literally just vitamin C and powdered sugar ground together.

Lifehack: Make your own sherbert and neighbourhood children will think you're a wizard. Try distributing it from an unmarked van to meet new and interesting police officers and DEA officials!

Question: what in the hell is sherbe(r)t powder? Where I come from, sherbet is a frozen dessert.

E: I googled it and apparently it's a fizzy candy powder, not a powdered mix for making sherbet/sorbet. British candy is strange and unnatural

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Question: what in the hell is sherbe(r)t powder? Where I come from, sherbet is a frozen dessert.

E: I googled it and apparently it's a fizzy candy powder, not a powdered mix for making sherbet/sorbet. British candy is strange and unnatural

Smug Brit's invading thread in 3,2,1.....

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bertrand Hustle posted:

You bring shame on your people. From the description it is clearly Fun Dip, but without the stix. Not that strange at all.

Or if you are a tiny baby,

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Pffft. Scrub tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLl8gHPFAY

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Angela Christine posted:

You bring shame on your people. From the description it is clearly Fun Dip, but without the stix. Not that strange at all.

Lifehack - open the bag all the way and mix the colors together. Makes it fun!

Then on the floor like an animal you piece of poo poo.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I didn't really get Fun Dip at the time, so I just ate the sticks and tossed all the gross sugar.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Angela Christine posted:

They lost my kid money when they ditched the lime flavor for green apple. gently caress green apple candy.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Citric acid has kick.

Gonna try that right tomorrow. Wanna get high on lemon.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

theironjef posted:

They lost my kid money when they ditched the lime flavor for green apple. gently caress green apple candy.

And fuckin' blue raspberry. Blue raspberry is nasty and bears no resemblance to actual raspberry.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Angela Christine posted:

So Fun Dip is pretty much the same thing as AIRBORNE? http://www.airbornehealth.com

MIND BLOWN.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

BKPR posted:

I didn't really get Fun Dip at the time, so I just ate the sticks and tossed all the gross sugar.

Fun Dip sticks are horrible, and taste gross, and give me headaches (not kidding.) We would have either been not friends, or the best of friends, sharing our Fun Dip expenses.

Michaellaneous posted:

Gonna try that right tomorrow. Wanna get high on lemon.

I also have a sliced lemon tattooed on my arm. I think I really like citric acid.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sodium Chloride posted:

This poo poo is especially amazing because just a single 3ds game case can hold like seven to ten games in it.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

KillerEggplant posted:

Dude, the new 3DSes have interchangeable cases, even. Extra dumb.

He's got the XL, which does not have the faceplates.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sheeeit where am I gonna put games 22-31? Hold on I got this lemme fire up internet explorer real quick and life hack this bitch #Lyf3h4ack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Inco posted:

He's got the XL, which does not have the faceplates.
I assumed "nu3dsm" was some kind of dork code for the New 3DS.