Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

AndyElusive posted:

Just tell her she can play as Imperial.

Tell her this:

"I have not known joy until this. The colors that dance about my vision were inconceivable to me earlier. My nights are now restless, my demeanor agitated each moment that I am not playing. Life has become a dark mine, and this, THIS, is the lone shaft of light tempting me, daring me to escape."

take out your credit card or wallet or whatever.

"Please let me feel the sun on my face again."

IF she's not impressed, then just tell her it's Star Wars, so you want it a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Imagined posted:

So the big important question: how do I convince my wife that I need to spend $200 every three months on little plastic spaceships?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jinx_%28miniseries%29

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

:stonk:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Carteret posted:

Twitter is blowing up about Impass and Armada. Wave 2 announced, along with a mini campaign for impass, boba fett, R2-D2 and C3P0. Phone posting, so no pics but check for @watchitplayed

btw you better be coming to the impass regional in july

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

btw you better be coming to the impass regional in july

At GA? Date?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Carteret posted:

At GA? Date?

7/25/15 Cary The Gamer's Armory

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I got the impression that the S&V ships were more going to be a pack split between rebel and imperial, like how the LCG does it, not their own faction.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

alg posted:

7/25/15 Cary The Gamer's Armory

When does this get played during the week anyway? I've seen like one game on Mondays, but I'm always playing with X-Wangs then....

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The Gate posted:

When does this get played during the week anyway? I've seen like one game on Mondays, but I'm always playing with X-Wangs then....

Free casual league just started last night for the next 5 weeks.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Just got a delay email from Amazon for my Armada order requesting approval for the delay or offering to cancel it for me.

Oh no Amazon, you're not getting out of my bargain preorder that easily :colbert:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

NTRabbit posted:

Just got a delay email from Amazon for my Armada order requesting approval for the delay or offering to cancel it for me.

Oh no Amazon, you're not getting out of my bargain preorder that easily :colbert:

Just now? Dang, I got mine like 2 weeks ago

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I was able to chat to one of their people and get the price knocked back down! £46 rather than £80 - that's another ship or a couple of squadron packs extra!

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I see that MM and CSI both have Armada up for preorder for around $70, is that a good deal, and should they ship in a timely manner? I've heard all kinds of weird things about preorders is the only reason I ask. Also, I intend to buy this so that my gf and I can play it, so should I get an additional maneuver tool as well?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Reynold posted:

I see that MM and CSI both have Armada up for preorder for around $70, is that a good deal, and should they ship in a timely manner? I've heard all kinds of weird things about preorders is the only reason I ask. Also, I intend to buy this so that my gf and I can play it, so should I get an additional maneuver tool as well?

I can't think of a reason you'd need two simultaneously, unless by "both playing" you mean "both playing vs other opponents at the same time."

alg
Mar 14, 2007

holy moly

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/18/twin-shadows/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/18/the-figure-packs-youre-looking-for/

:stare:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

alg posted:

Free casual league just started last night for the next 5 weeks.

Cool. How does a league work for this though, aren't the "teams" generally 1 imp and a few people as rebels?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

How well does ImpAss work just as a straightforward skirmish game, i.e. ignoring the campaign entirely?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The Gate posted:

Cool. How does a league work for this though, aren't the "teams" generally 1 imp and a few people as rebels?

There are two modes to the game. The campaign mode, which is as you described, and a 1-v-1 skirmish mode where both sides are roughly equal and have competing objectives.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, gonna be buying strongly into Wave 2 on Armada.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Wait, what's that third ship?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

overdesigned posted:

Welp, gonna be buying strongly into Wave 2 on Armada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, what's that third ship?

They're calling it a "Mon Calamari Frigate" I think.

E: Yep, MC30c Frigate

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:awesome: Goddamn that ISD is loving sexy.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

They look sort of unfinished. Like the wash hasn't been applied to them.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
They might be casting proofs? I agree that they look pretty flat-colored.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Oh man, that ISD looks great. It's so goddamn BIG. The Mon Cal Crusier will probably cost about a Medium Transport or Tantive IV, but I have no idea about the ISD. I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Those are some sexy, sexy spaceships, hot drat! Why must FFG keep making awesome Star Wars stuff that I need to buy?

Iron_Chef
Sep 19, 2003
Chef of Iron

NTRabbit posted:

I received the same message today as well. NTRabbit and I seem to share geography so maybe that affects their delay process. According to me my order is 10 weeks and 3 days old; an odd number to trigger on

Madurai posted:

They look sort of unfinished. Like the wash hasn't been applied to them.

I've seen those photos posted else where and they are unpainted

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Does anybody know how armada's dice compare to one another? I'm having a difficult time judging how good the different ships and squadrons are.

Also, I'm way too hype about Armada. When that scum pack is released it looks like armada ships will be great for SW RPG space battles too.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

FishFood posted:

Does anybody know how armada's dice compare to one another? I'm having a difficult time judging how good the different ships and squadrons are.

Also, I'm way too hype about Armada. When that scum pack is released it looks like armada ships will be great for SW RPG space battles too.

Might want to look here - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1340006/dice

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Man, gently caress putting together the AT-ST in Imperial Assault.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

I know, the Rebel icon on his shoulder pad is totally misaligned.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

The worst part about putting together the AT-ST is I have to do it "again" for this mother fucker:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Carteret posted:

The worst part about putting together the AT-ST is I have to do it "again" for this mother fucker:

Looks like the thing from Robocop at this point

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Swagger Dagger posted:

The chin gun right?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I put together the new ATST last night. I used a bowl of hot water to make it soft and a bowl of cold water to set the mini the way I like it and it took maybe 10mins.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

I hadn't taken a look at the details, but this matches my initial reaction; Armada's dice will give more consistent results than X-Wing's dice. This makes me very happy, as the crazy swings that can happen in X-Wing have really killed a lot of my enthusiasm for it. Can't wait for Armada!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I hadn't taken a look at the details, but this matches my initial reaction; Armada's dice will give more consistent results than X-Wing's dice. This makes me very happy, as the crazy swings that can happen in X-Wing have really killed a lot of my enthusiasm for it. Can't wait for Armada!

That and the fact that there's no defense dice rolling, just the tokens. There's very finite amounts of reduction that can occur.

Rebel fighters basically all being bombers is pretty scary too, fighters are going to be really important I think.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Somebody here (I think) made a comment to the effect of how X-wing is a game of positioning your ships so that you aren't relying on dice results to save you. Armada looks more to be a game of positioning and efficient utilization of ship commands/abilities? The dice will hit more reliably so you'll need to use your stuff better than the other guy uses his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
It's also pretty fast paced at six rounds. Having seen a demo play I really can't understand how that'll work, the ships are pretty tanky. I'm sure it does, of course, but it must be throwing tons of damage dice.