Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

carry on then posted:

clash of clowns lol

yo I would play dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Klash of Klans

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

hey, remember zynga? their new big hope is to compete with clash of clans and game of war
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7SEIFBeg1k

design and branding by hbo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i still can't believe "game of war" is an actual name for a thing

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah it sounds like store brand Risk.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

there was a war game being prominently advertised on Steam for a while called "Wargame"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

tons of phone games have awful names

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

PokeJoe posted:

tons of phone games have awful names

crossy road

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

there was a war game being prominently advertised on Steam for a while called "Wargame"

in fairness that was an actual wargame, as in like the games dads and nerds play with little pewter dolls

Apr 7, 2003

Forums Terrorist posted:

in fairness that was an actual wargame, as in like the games dads and nerds play with little pewter dolls

Hamwarrer 40k

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Boxturret posted:

have the gamergators started eating each other yet?
That was months ago

Mr. Apollo posted:

lol i guess, i don't know i don't understand why mras/gamergates/whatever are so freaked out by this stuff. like i understand it to a degree but i don't get rage and anger behind it. I guess they're really insecure and someone pointing this stuff out to them makes them feel uncomfortable and instead of saying "hmm maybe you have a point" or "i don't understand can you explain further" they just freak out?

duTrieux. posted:

also,. impotent rage at being confronted with people who won't let them say and do whatever the gently caress they want. it's a childish response to encoutnering consequences for their actions

see also conservatives
Whatever would give you that idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AyXUlJC9f4

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i do not understand how anyone who isnt in highschool or working as a video game social media expert has any knowledge, or one single ounce of care for "gamergate." i ama grown man who says words like pwned and noob and plays a fair amount of star craft and i have no interest in gamergame nor do i even really understand what it is. and yet, months after the first supernova of gamergate talk in GBS it lingers like newspapers in a hoarder house.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bullies who are good at the internet dominate internet conversation of a topic

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Smythe posted:

i do not understand how anyone who isnt in highschool or working as a video game social media expert has any knowledge, or one single ounce of care for "gamergate." i ama grown man who says words like pwned and noob and plays a fair amount of star craft and i have no interest in gamergame nor do i even really understand what it is. and yet, months after the first supernova of gamergate talk in GBS it lingers like newspapers in a hoarder house.

what don't you understand? it's gamers whining that women exist.

that's it. they're giant babies who are scared of women irl

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

p much. "video game journalism" = adverts no one with half a brain can take this poo poo seriously. it's really cool to couch misogyny in tenuous arguments really loudly

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

just kill all of the men and women both because they identify as "gamers"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just seems like a topic for teens is all

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Smythe posted:

cyberviolence is a topic for the whole family

e. i spent some time helping digitize questionnaires on the topic. there are a lot of stupid people and unfortunate answers. the results are depressing i'm not sure what good will come of it. police technologists were particularly dumb

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 18, 2015

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Smythe posted:

Well you would think the people getting twitter email phone spammed because some redchanner posted their number and address at least have a reason to care

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i just dont care, about any of it. about this dude, or whatever. not one bit. anyways, i dont want to piss these gamergaters off so im going to distance myself from this topic, and you, now. i hope you have a great day

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lol gamergate

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Smythe posted:

i just dont care, about any of it. about this dude, or whatever. not one bit. anyways, i dont want to piss these gamergaters off so im going to distance myself from this topic, and you, now. i hope you have a great day
lol you are scared

Nintendo Kid posted:

what don't you understand? it's gamers whining that women exist.

that's it. they're giant babies who are scared of women irl
Nonsense!

Now let me make a 3 hour video (part 1 of 2) debunking Anita

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
mods plz namechange me to TECH BUBBLE BUTT

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i just googled that and its all jock straps for gay men

http://www.andrewchristian.com/index.php/show-it-tech-bubble-butt-comfort-jock.html

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

French police have raided the offices of Uber in Paris as the taxi service continues to operate in the city despite officials claiming that it breaks national laws.

Hot on the heels of charges being made against Uber employees in South Korea over allegations of operating illegal taxi rings, Le Monde is now reporting that French Police have raided Uber's offices in Paris. The newspaper reports that 25 policemen raided the building, seizing documents and electronic hardware.

http://gizmodo.com/police-have-raided-ubers-parisian-hq-1692102556

:getin:

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cardboard Box A posted:

Now let me make a 3 hour video (part 1 of 2) debunking Anita

lol that's even worse than the 100+ page rebuttal some dipshit wrote in response to the red letter media video about star wars the phantom menace

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

text me ect...

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Smythe posted:

a lot of people from our generation never stopped being teens at heart. the rest of us failed to properly shame them out of it

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
theres very little societal incentive to stop being a teen when most millenials will never make more money than the equivalent of what their parents were making at 17

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
csi cyber is doing a thing about hackers hacking uber to kidnap people right now

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
future garage is the music i have been looking for but had no name for. thank you tech bubble

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Moist von Lipwig posted:

theres very little societal incentive to stop being a teen when most millenials will never make more money than the equivalent of what their parents were making at 17

you rang?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
millennials are such man children that they retroactively made d&d

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

csi cyber is doing a thing about hackers hacking uber to kidnap people right now

ty reminded me to get around to watching that show tonight

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

hey gently caress you buddy

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

pr0zac posted:

ty reminded me to get around to watching that show tonight

it truly is the yospostest of shows

Garbd
Dec 29, 2008

computer parts posted:

weird that u say this in the lf thread

Apr 7, 2003

computer parts posted:

Most of the men who made D&D died young of obesity. Lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my waifu works in video games and just last week was like "What's this gamergate thing even about? they want to kill geoff keighley?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

andrew christian, the inventor of elastic pulling your butt around

• Locked thread