Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

pulp rag posted:

Here's a tip for Liam - or, really, anyone that has more than a passing interest in videogames:

don't preorder.

A lot of the "don't pre-order games" sentiment comes as a result of being disappointed in a game but Liam is likely of the mindset that "well i'm going to get it anyway, might as well." and he's never disappointed by anything because he thinks 6's are like, 8's. The real problem is that to try and incentivize people to not buy their game for half price 3 months after it comes out, they have these dumbass pre-order bonuses (that are often garbage) to try and get as much money up front as they can. While I understand the desire to make an actual profit on a thing you worked on for 2+ years, pre-ordering is a loving scam. I try to only do it in extreme cases, like the first run of Xenoblade in North America where they literally only sold the game via pre-orders and then whatever they had leftover sat in Gamestop with a "used" sticker on them for $80.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Hey Matt, has the Zaibatsu ever considered doing a charity stream?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Deep down part of me is hoping next week we see Bloodborne part 1. When it's clicked though it's actually just Mario Party 10 full LP

This would be the worst thing because I'd be too busy playing Bloodborne to watch.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I think Pat and Matt will want to play the game themselves instead of doing a lp of it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Agree with Pat, if there was some way they could shoehorn a Jurassic Park world into Kingdom Hearts 3, I'd be all over that poo poo.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

I would rather see the Mario Party LP

I would too. ESPECIALLY if Matt tells Woolie and Pat that they're doing Bloodborne and when they get there the tables have turned. Just nonstop excited Matt and Liam about dice rolls and poo poo while Woolie and Pat grumble and be shitlords about it.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I just hope the Bloodborne video is a one shot machinima video because whenever Dark Souls fans take over a thread it is the living worst.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Waifu posted:

I would rather see the Mario Party LP

These boys are past due for a brawl.

The only question is will they use the AMIIBO SUPPORT in the new Mario Party 10 WITH AMIIBO SUPPORT?

I'm actually kinda into the new Mario Party, I know me and my friends will like it, it's just kinda nuts that 99% of the info they put out was pure Amiibo stuff and an offhand 'you can play Bowser mode too'.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

These boys are past due for a brawl.

The only question is will they use the AMIIBO SUPPORT in the new Mario Party 10 WITH AMIIBO SUPPORT?

I'm actually kinda into the new Mario Party, I know me and my friends will like it, it's just kinda nuts that 99% of the info they put out was pure Amiibo stuff and an offhand 'you can play Bowser mode too'.

Does the new one still have the lovely thing where all players move together in a single cart?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I haven't owned a Mario Party game past three and I still can't believe they got rid of the board game aesthetic.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't owned a Mario Party game past three and I still can't believe they got rid of the board game aesthetic.

to be fair they did give it a full decade of games before they realized they had to try changing things at some point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

to be fair they did give it a full decade of games before they realized they had to try changing things at some point.

And managed to make it worse in every single way.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Andrast posted:

And managed to make it worse in every single way.

yes but it did give us fantastic proof that "Losing is Winning".

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZNNk14MpEI
Plague did a cool red letter media animation

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Depths posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZNNk14MpEI
Plague did a cool red letter media animation

God bless Rich Evans.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
How does Plague just keep getting better and better as time goes on?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Farm Secrets

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Chrispurple posted:

How does Plague just keep getting better and better as time goes on?

Weapons grade cocaine to keep him running.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I really like the RER2 LP, definitely my favorite one going on right now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I really like the RER2 LP, definitely my favorite one going on right now.

I can't believe Claire and Moira would bully a little girl like that.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I really, really wanted to like Armored Core 4. Like, it has mechs and customization and it moves quickly and and and

Oh my god it's so hard to play.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wonder if Pat goes berserk when he sees Mari.

Or if he knows about that Mari/Yui thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
mods please change my name to Barry Burton's Baby Hands

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Silentman0 posted:

I really, really wanted to like Armored Core 4. Like, it has mechs and customization and it moves quickly and and and

Oh my god it's so hard to play.

Seriously, they spend so much time talking about how simple the controls are and they're super loving not. The only way I can describe them is "Loose". Like, imagine trying to drive a car but you're sitting in the back seat and you're using a series of pulleys to move the wheel and press the pedals. And you're doing this all on ice. And the car only has two speeds: Stationary, and 200mph.

That's what AC4 controls feel like.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Weeellppp I can't wait for the next podcast... http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Yeah Pat's already screaming on Twitter about that. It's a bit of a shame but maybe now Kojima will be able to escape the eternal MGS cycle he's been in for the past two decades.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what this means for Silent Hills.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what this means for Silent Hills.

honestly i'd just abandon all hope

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

hubris.height posted:

honestly i'd just abandon all hope

Pretty much this. I was interested to see Kojima's take on it and considering the record Silent Hill has been having.

Silent Hills is pretty much screwed.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
after watching the cage furniture dodging lp i had to go back and watch b2souls again

these are good lps. here's a golden oldie.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The main reason why Plague is getting better and better is because thanks to Patreon, he used his extra money to actually be a human being and have art supplies instead of spending his days being a weird zombie guy.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

SWERY truly is down for whatever and that building really is quite evil.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

OneDeadman posted:

Robutt week! :allears:

Also if they were not TBS games, I would say Front Mission better be in this loving week.

Oh hey, guess what

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Matt did some great interviews in this PAX East video. :allears:

Someone needs to stop him from pushing his OTPs on unsuspecting cosplayers though.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 20, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

I'm excited to hear some of the guys excited over this. Come to think of it, isn't it similar to the MK cyborgs/Cyrax already?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Didn't they literally say they wanted Predator in MKX in the most recent SBFC? I bet they went nuts/will go nuts when they hear the news.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Matt is down in Florida, he's going nuts over real predators

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Didn't they literally say they wanted Predator in MKX in the most recent SBFC? I bet they went nuts/will go nuts when they hear the news.

I can't remember the episode or even whether it was in the Friendcast or something else, but I definitely remember them discussing rumors of the Predator and/or Colonel Dillon being in MKX. Specifically, they mentioned how the Predator's art style fits right in with that of Mortal Kombat, which is true- I can't think of many cameo appearances like this that mesh so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
That kotaku part of the pax vid was perfect