Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

AmiYumi posted:

I don't know, don't we have a different forum for superhero comic poo poo?

Isn't most of the GT stuff (other than outfits) locked behind wishes to Shenron? Putting GT on par with "original character do not steal" stuff, as far as the game is concerned.

You beat the game for SSJ4 Goku, most of everything else is wishes and DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Caros posted:

Considering how Whis is portrayed in the first movie, I wouldn't be surprised if he just doodled it onto their clothes with a marker, and didn't do a very good job at that.

Darko posted:

PAGE 13: Whis Grabs Both Of Their Wrists and Writes Symbols On Goku and Vegeta’s Clothing

Whis: Ok, please stop.

Whis: There is no way you are prepared, you are far too slow.

Whis: I managed to even write my signature on you, see.

I sure hope somebody picks up that phone. Because I loving called it!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Whis' thing makes me think he's actually from an upper dimension and probably actually works for like an Upper World Kai or whatever and is in charge of maintaining the cycle of the lower world.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Unless this film is just two hours of 'Frieza - Hidden Depths' I really don't see how they could dig him out of the hole he's spent his whole life digging

If he has any single regret for the countless horrific events that have transpired in his wake... it's that he's dying.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The movie will end with Frieza kidnapping Trunks to train him as his own apprentice and he eventually becomes Trunks' Piccolo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Whis can travel back in time? No wonder he's considered the strongest in DBZ. :stare:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Endorph posted:

why are you so mad people are mentioning comic books in this thread? All of it was in relation to DBZ and most of the posts were pretty interesting.

You know how some nerds will talk about loving some dumb video game for babies for 900 hours, but get all pissed off and defensive about how anime is utter garbage for retards in a really obnoxious manner? This is a similar thing, only with American punchmans.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Could Majin Buu have absorbed Whis or Beerus and just become absurdly powerful or would they just be like 'lol no' and completely no-sell the attack?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

The only comic I have reliable knowledge of is the adventures of kool-aid man.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Could Majin Buu have absorbed Whis or Beerus and just become absurdly powerful or would they just be like 'lol no' and completely no-sell the attack?

Beerus flicked away SSJ3 Goku, so Buu would never, ever get the chance. If they just let him to see what would happen I'd guess they'd be too much for him, like food that's too spicy, and end up destroying him. The bad guy's mind control in Xenoverse doesn't work on Beerus.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

A Steampunk Gent posted:

they would no-sell. It seems like 90% of everything just doesn't do anything to Beerus or Whis. The 10% remaining is Vegeta's 'NOT MY BULMA' and other, similar God Power.

Like Beerus and Whis are basically, calling back to the Superman stuff, very similar to why some people think Batman is way better; because they have no challenge at all at anything so it's not 'interesting' (Ignoring that Batman hasn't really been challenged in just as long as Superman and people just ignore it), because they shrug off anything except plot, in this case God Powers and a super pissed off Vegeta.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I think they would be able to do what Vegitto did when he got absorbed i.e. keep their bodies and be able to escape.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love that the two things that can put Beerus on his back foot are special divine energy and a middle aged man with a receding hairline getting really REALLY angry.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

BattleCattle posted:

The only comic I have reliable knowledge of is the adventures of kool-aid man.

I have a comic with a mail in ad for the first kool-aid man issue but its like 30 years expired so I'll never see him fight The Thirsties.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Amorphous Blob posted:

I have a comic with a mail in ad for the first kool-aid man issue but its like 30 years expired so I'll never see him fight The Thirsties.

That's the comic I have. The cover is hilarious when you pick apart everything that's wrong with it.

e. For reference, here's a closer look at the comic Kool-Aid Man is holding. It's pretty great.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 18, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Frieza survives and must redeem himself by being Bra's nanny.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Beerus flicked away SSJ3 Goku, so Buu would never, ever get the chance. If they just let him to see what would happen I'd guess they'd be too much for him, like food that's too spicy, and end up destroying him. The bad guy's mind control in Xenoverse doesn't work on Beerus.

That's cool. One thing I liked about BotG is it credibly introduced a power that is just above anything anyone else could ever reach again, it puts the increasingly insane powers of the good guys and the bad guys into a little perspective again

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Prison Warden posted:

You know how some nerds will talk about loving some dumb video game for babies for 900 hours, but get all pissed off and defensive about how anime is utter garbage for retards in a really obnoxious manner? This is a similar thing, only with American punchmans.
There was a page-long discussion on Captain Marvel's "inner torment" (that just so happens to result in a return to status quo). I'm not mad (and the Superman v. Goku cultural/historical cachet stuff was legitimately interesting), but that just wears on the scroll wheel.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

WickedHate posted:

mycot posted:

I think they would be able to do what Vegitto did when he got absorbed i.e. keep their bodies and be able to escape.
This, plus all the other times in-series someone has "played along" with mind control/powering-up/etc. for dramatic tension/to see what would happen/because filler. Off the top of my head, Piccolo in multiple movies, Majin Vegeta, "I've only been using 80% of my full power", etc.. If it seems like it'd be interesting, characters in DBZ will play along until it isn't fun anymore. He'd probably let the absorption happen until the moment is right to take over or zwee out of Buu or reveal he was never actually absorbed to begin with, that was only an afterimage...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't think absorbing Whis or Beerus would do anything for Buu considering they don't seem to use normal ki.

Also, if there are any more movies after Revival of F, I hope that Raditz is in one. Maybe even having Bardock and Gine?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, if there are any more movies after Revival of F, I hope that Raditz is in one. Maybe even having Bardock and Gine?

There really needs to be more focus on Goku's side of the family. At least, of the kind that isn't "Bardock is so awesome! Bardock! Who doesn't want more Bardock!? Bardock was the first Super Saiyan!". Present day Gine/revived Raditz would be awesome.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So a new ad came out.

Freeza looks so happy. I've seen people call him "Academy Award Freeza" and I'm going with that now.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

More Pilaf would be nice. His group's cute.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm having trouble telling for sure - did Freeza actually change at all physically, or did he just get gold and glowy? I keep feeling like his head's changed shape a bit, but I can't put my finger on how.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There are a few physical changes, I think, but mostly the color just differs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm having trouble telling for sure - did Freeza actually change at all physically, or did he just get gold and glowy? I keep feeling like his head's changed shape a bit, but I can't put my finger on how.
It's in the ear cubes, I think. They look bigger.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I think the purple around his mouth just changes the perception of his proportions, it kinda makes it look like he has a 5 o'clock shadow

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

his hips area is also a little differently designed; it juts out kind of like a pair of pants.

He's also missing the orbs on his shoulders and the ones on his wrists are a bit smaller.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

No real physical change aside from minor details like color distribution, and the shape/location of his shiny bits.

Maybe his purple face is giving the illusion of a different head shape.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Candy Beerus or Whis might try to eat themselves, otherwise total no sell.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He has an eyebrow ridge kind of like Super Saiyan 3. So his face looks bigger than before.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kild posted:

He has an eyebrow ridge kind of like Super Saiyan 3. So his face looks bigger than before.

Oh that's it, that's what I was seeing.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's totally possible that 50 years from now, people will think Goku is just as lame as Superman. From now on out, most new Dragonball stuff is likely going to be us being treated to more of the same, rather than allowing it to evolve and change like the original manga did over its decade long run. I mean, just look at the new movie coming out - it's the return of Freiza. He's a popular bad guy, fans want more of him, and he's coming back.

What's wrong with Freeza being a recurring villain? Spider-Man, Batman, the X-Men, etc. are all still relevant and they've got recurring villains.

And it's not like we're not getting newer material to go along with it. BoG introduced Beerus and Whis, the concept of a God of Destruction, seven universes, "god ki", etc.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Wasn't it thirteen universes?

Also, on the subject of repeating villains, a Freeze/Cell team-up would be pretty cool for Battle of Gods 3. (Not Really)

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I think it was 12, including the one they were in.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

BattleCattle posted:

I think it was 12, including the one they were in.

It was 12. With Dragon Ball being in the 7th

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Multiple known universes with various powerful figures in huh?

So, can we have a tournament movie with all of them invited please? :magical:

Darko posted:

Vegeta is softer than Goku now. He'll end up in a bar with Freeza talking about the old days at the end of the movie.

That would be wonderful.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one of them is dr. slump

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

Wasn't it thirteen universes?

Also, on the subject of repeating villains, a Freeze/Cell team-up would be pretty cool for Battle of Gods 3. (Not Really)

Oops, I think you're right. I think Beerus says that the main DB universe is the seventh one.

About a Freeza/Cell team-up, I wonder why they're always teamed up? In GT they both team up to fight Goku. But why would they do that? Would Cell respect Freeza? Would Freeza tolerate Cell being stronger than him?

Wouldn't mind seeing Cell come back, though. Eventually. But not necessarily for the third movie. I'd like to see recurring villains but I still want new material, new characters, etc.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Blue Star posted:

About a Freeza/Cell team-up, I wonder why they're always teamed up? In GT they both team up to fight Goku. But why would they do that? Would Cell respect Freeza? Would Freeza tolerate Cell being stronger than him?

They're always teamed-up because they're the only Main Villains that never got redeemed in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cell and Frieza being teamed up is pretty simple: they're the two biggest threats that didn't turn good. That's it, really.

• Locked thread