Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Carrier posted:

Cool I just opened a FN M9 marble fade lol

gimme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Man, it sucks when you have to restart on a goonman and can't get back in the server.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Carrier posted:

Cool I just opened a FN M9 marble fade lol

congratulations you sick fucker

meanwhile, i've never opened a single knife in *too many* case openings

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

Crain posted:

Man, it sucks when you have to restart on a goonman and can't get back in the server.

Connect through console. If 13 people are on the server then the GOTV bot counts as the 14th spot but console will get you in.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Daeno posted:

...this is wrong lol

I just queue'd up 5-stack the other day and it average'd the ranks between me and my buddies and we fought a team of what the average was.

It absolutely works this way. Just queue as a GE with silvers/novas and you'll get matches like these.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Sitting Bull posted:

congratulations you sick fucker

meanwhile, i've never opened a single knife in *too many* case openings

Its my second and both times i jokingly called getting a knife on a casual server before unboxing it lol, imagine the friend requests

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Carrier posted:

Its my second and both times i jokingly called getting a knife on a casual server before unboxing it lol, imagine the friend requests

Hey it's me [your friend] can I borrow your knife?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Carrier posted:

"Dude that's my dream knife I'll give you my StatTrak FT Desert-Strike M4 and my Dragon Lore (actually a completely hosed up Safari Mesh with a nametag on it) for it pls pls"

gently caress traders. Marketplace or bust.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
This is definitely a game I see myself having to play a few casual rounds before i hit comp. I just had a match of comp where I didn't really shine at all until the last quarter of the game, where in that quarter I doubled my kills so far.

If i'm still unranked and i'm seeing elite silvers and elite silver masters in my games, does that mean the games placing me around that skill level? Or does unranked go literally anywhere?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao holy poo poo people putting in 750-1,000 dollars in csgo jackpot.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Smol posted:

It absolutely works this way. Just queue as a GE with silvers/novas and you'll get matches like these.

Whaaaat!?

...alright I don't understand matchmaking now.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Akumos posted:

If I ever have more than $50 worth of skins it'll be a miracle.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fateo McMurray posted:

If I ever have more than $50 worth of skins it'll be a miracle.

It it makes you feel any better my hobby has become exponentially increasing my inventory value. We're sitting at over 1500, boys.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I basically get drunk and bet my 4 highest value skins on an underdog who's name I like.

Thus my highest value skin is like $0.70

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
I wonder if skins will transfer over to the next version of cs or whatever they make.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Daeno posted:

I wonder if skins will transfer over to the next version of cs or whatever they make.

Not if they are interested in making money

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Akumos posted:

During ESL I saw one guy put in 3k, lose, then put about 1500 on a few others that he broke even with. He got tons of comments telling him to stop since he's addicted.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Daeno posted:

...this is wrong lol

I just queue'd up 5-stack the other day and it average'd the ranks between me and my buddies and we fought a team of what the average was.

Couple of days ago I had two games in a row where I queued up with a Distinguished Master Guardian, with me as a GN master and three friends as silver elite or below, and we were matched up twice with games that had only double and single AK's. It wasn't a whole lot of fun!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Everything Valve does to try to reduce smurfing and/or improve matchmaking makes smurfing more prevalent and matchmaking worse.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
My guess is that there's several sets of mm criteria that come into play based on different factors like how many population and pings. That would account for different matchmaking experiences.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Elysiume posted:

Everything Valve does to try to reduce smurfing and/or improve matchmaking makes smurfing more prevalent and matchmaking worse.

Agreed, valve doing nothing to fix either has allowed it to get worse :v:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

These games are freaks imo, I've queued solo and been a team of eagles/supremes against silvers. I used to regularly queue as a player many ranks higher than all my mates, and almost every time we'd play a 5 stack slightly higher than halfway between our ranks. I don't recall running into five players my rank on the other team even one time.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Apparition posted:

This shouldn't happen

Eh, it's happened to me a couple of times recently:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Sewer Adventure posted:

valve yes. smurf detection gone wrong?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.
Basically this, forever.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Heil Hitler.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Hmmm, how can you get kicked for something that you're spectating?

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Sewer Adventure posted:

This depends on what rank that guy who left the silver team was. I'm guessing he was GE/SMFC or something.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

FetalDave posted:

This depends on what rank that guy who left the silver team was. I'm guessing he was GE/SMFC or something.

I think it's healthy to play a game like this every once in a while; reminds you how poo poo you really are at this game. This goes for people at any level except the top one.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Bring back 747 and Estate. Night vision owned.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I have color blindness/color deficiency issues that make it extremely hard to pick out enemy models that are standing in dark areas, up against certain materials, or in high-detail areas. Stuff like Marquis is flat out unplayable for me. Is there a way to enable TF2-style "high performance" mode and make everything look like an N64 game?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Are you still able to install custom models for things or this that no more now that valve wants you to buy their skins

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

I have color blindness/color deficiency issues that make it extremely hard to pick out enemy models that are standing in dark areas, up against certain materials, or in high-detail areas. Stuff like Marquis is flat out unplayable for me. Is there a way to enable TF2-style "high performance" mode and make everything look like an N64 game?

I'm not colour blind but I find turning up the saturation in my graphics card control panel helped make things pop out a bit more.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Sewer Adventure posted:

Hmmm, how can you get kicked for something that you're spectating?

Well yeah, I edited it afterwards. In reality the game freezes for a little bit before you get kicked to menu.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Alabaster White posted:

Try tweaking your graphics settings for digital vibrance and gamma? In my nVidia panel I play with +75% digital vibrance to help models stand out more.

I think AMD cards have a similar setting but idk what it's called.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

kcer posted:

Try tweaking your graphics settings for digital vibrance and gamma? In my nVidia panel I play with +75% digital vibrance to help models stand out more.

I think AMD cards have a similar setting but idk what it's called.

saturation

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

I have the same thing going on, and cranking up the digital vibrance helped a lot. I use http://vibrance.pushre.de/ to do it automatically for CS.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

xsf421 posted:

I have the same thing going on, and cranking up the digital vibrance helped a lot. I use http://vibrance.pushre.de/ to do it automatically for CS.

amd version
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/28i4vk/saturation_toggler_v12/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
p cool